The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Rapid Maneuver- I would like it back, please

Vixenator
Vixenator
✭✭✭
First, the snare remover was taken away from retreating maneuver. Mag toons already have a severe problem with snares, but thought it was cool to take this away even though casting maneuver took 75% of my stamina bar-but OK!

Where I really got ticked off was the total rework of both morphs. I think the in-combat changes are nice to have for the group. HOWEVER, can 1 or both morphs be given back the 30-second speed OUT OF COMBAT? I can't afford to cast this, even at its reduced cost on my mag toons every 8 seconds..... I have this buff on every toon, on my back bar on #5. It is very important to me. I use rapid maneuver almost every minute of gameplay. Whether it's at my home, mounted, crafting between stations, gathering, delving, running anywhere on foot or horse...... it does not matter- it's always up. I know I am not alone in this because I see many other people using it for general gameplay all the time as I do.

I don't understand why it was necessary to remove the 30 second, 30% speed out of combat. Am I REALLY hurting anyone being able to move my slow a*s character faster between buildings?

Put it back, please
Edited by Vixenator on August 15, 2019 4:36PM
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psijic Order - Race Against Time
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »

Its not a solution by any stretch of the imagination, but thank you
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vixenator wrote: »

Why not? It’s a great skill.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's part of skills balance and perfectly fine now.
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭

Why not? It’s a great skill.

Because I'm still spamming an ability, only now I need to make room for 2 abilities on my bar for on the ground and one for horseback.
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    It's part of skills balance and perfectly fine now.

Your opinion.... and if you read my post at all you would see why its an issue.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think a skill in the Alliance War skill lines should be the answer to the issues you're having, but maybe something else should.
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I don't think a skill in the Alliance War skill lines should be the answer to the issues you're having, but maybe something else should.

Well, guess what? that's how it acted for years. I'm not alone here either. I did not post this to appease people who wish to drop any reply in order to boost their stars. Please, don't bother
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, guess what? that's how it acted for years. I'm not alone here either. I did not post this to appease people who wish to drop any reply in order to boost their stars. Please, don't bother

So you only want replies that fully agree with you? I agree that some replacement for movement speed outside of combat should exist, but I don't think it should be in a skill line that isn't centered around farming and convenience.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It is, as it pull from your magicka pool on magicka characters instead of eating two-thirds of your stam pool.

p.s. For the mount speed needs, grab the add-on Assist Rapid Riding. Sorry console guys.
    Edited by BigBragg on August 15, 2019 5:45PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the CP star for faster movement could be increased? It’s in the same tree as faster mats farming isn’t it?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭

It is, as it pull from your magicka pool on magicka characters instead of eating two-thirds of your stam pool.

I posted why this wont work
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean if you want to consistently go fast as magicka, it's your best option. Your choice to use it or not.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, we have another "post if you agree with me, otherwise don't bother" OP. Such topics rarely end well.
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭

I mean if you want to consistently go fast as magicka, it's your best option. Your choice to use it or not.

Good lord, can you people read before posting?
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Ah, we have another "post if you agree with me, otherwise don't bother" OP. Such topics rarely end well.

On the contrary, the only comments have been filling my notifications with nonsense. If they read thoroughly, they would realize it would have countered the unhelpful "tips" they left. This was a response to the update (like everyone else is entitled to post about ) as management do read the forums. I posted this to bring it to their attention to why their changes ruin the game for players. I didn't post it for ignorant replies.....seemingly left for no reason at all other than to count as another notch in rep.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like QoL abilities, I used Rapids for the same reason and it would be nice if something replaced the loss of that QoL. But i don't think it should be by reverting an alliance war skill that now has some utility in group PvP.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Some people want to find solutions, for others whining is the solution.
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭

Your "solution" WASNT a solution. My point. Go back and read
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapids did terrible things to pvp in cyrodiil when not mounted. I can understand why they changed it.

However, there should definitely be a morph of the skill, or some other skill, to make up for the loss in out of combat non-mounted movement. The skill really helped smooth over all the time you can spend running around doing stuff in areas that dont allow mounts.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're a stamina character, re-morph rapid to charging maneuver and while you have to cast it more frequently as a stamina character you will have the resource to keep recasting, and you also will be actually faster (+minor expedition) and even use stuff what previously killed the rapid when you run through dungeons, etc.

If you're a magicka character, you're in a much worse position, the 6541 stam cost for 8 sec would require 820 stam regen which most magicka character just don't have. What I found so far best is replacing the rapid on my bar with channeled acceleration (however clunky is it) which cost 2236 magicka for 12 sec, and installed Assist Rapid Riding addon to swicth the acceleration to rapid when mounted. If you're not on PC, well no idea what you can do...

Edit:
    This was one of the worst idiotic changes of the update in my opinion, it screws up overland and pve questers, while in pvp it gives 100% in-combat uptime for major+minor expedition to the ball groups. While I see how the old rapid could (and was) abused in pvp, whoever made this change, they clearly had no idea what they were doing as it is now even worse for pvp too and I foresee a serious nerfs to it in the next update again.

My recommendation to devs (if any one ever reads it) to split up the pvp and pve use and add the old 30 sec rapid under world skills / soul magic section with a restriction that it will not work at all in pvp locations so cannot be abused, and fix the alliance line rapid for pvp use.
    Edited by vgabor on August 15, 2019 8:05PM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand it either. Im respeccing my altmer magplar to orc stamplar just so I can keep running around fast.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on August 15, 2019 7:54PM
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In the current games structure, it is.

Go read PTS notes, dev notes on the PTS, watch some ESO Live, and read the patch notes. They explain the overall concept and details of choices made for the skill audit. There won't be adding 30 second rapid maneuverer buff. Something you already eluded to understanding, and showed knowledge of other options after presented to you. Ergo, you just want to complain for the sake of complaining.

If you really didn't want to have a discussion about it, then don't post on a public forum. There are other avenues for feedback, including an ingame option.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    Rapids did terrible things to pvp in cyrodiil when not mounted. I can understand why they changed it.

However, there should definitely be a morph of the skill, or some other skill, to make up for the loss in out of combat non-mounted movement. The skill really helped smooth over all the time you can spend running around doing stuff in areas that dont allow mounts.

yes, it was a useful skill until they started monkeying with it.

now it's barely useful, like many of the other things the combot team has 'fixed.'

• SassiestAssassin
    SassiestAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the idea of Expedition lasting longer outside of combat.

It would be cool to extend a similar function to other speedy skills (I miss 15-second Bird of Prey)
    *slams a gallon of Respecting Support Roles juice on the table* Take a sip, babes.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did it to band aide performance problems like rendering as you move fast.
    Why all forms of speed took a hit.
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    If you're a stamina character, re-morph rapid to charging maneuver and while you have to cast it more frequently as a stamina character you will have the resource to keep recasting, and you also will be actually faster (+minor expedition) and even use stuff what previously killed the rapid when you run through dungeons, etc.

If you're a magicka character, you're in a much worse position, the 6541 stam cost for 8 sec would require 820 stam regen which most magicka character just don't have. What I found so far best is replacing the rapid on my bar with channeled acceleration (however clunky is it) which cost 2236 magicka for 12 sec, and installed Assist Rapid Riding addon to swicth the acceleration to rapid when mounted. If you're not on PC, well no idea what you can do...

Edit:
    This was one of the worst idiotic changes of the update in my opinion, it screws up overland and pve questers, while in pvp it gives 100% in-combat uptime for major+minor expedition to the ball groups. While I see how the old rapid could (and was) abused in pvp, whoever made this change, they clearly had no idea what they were doing as it is now even worse for pvp too and I foresee a serious nerfs to it in the next update again.

My recommendation to devs (if any one ever reads it) to split up the pvp and pve use and add the old 30 sec rapid under world skills / soul magic section with a restriction that it will not work at all in pvp locations so cannot be abused, and fix the alliance line rapid for pvp use.

Btw, you would need 1640 stamina regen on a mag char (regen is every 2 seconds, not per second on your character sheet).
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good lord, can you people read before posting?

The solutions are never going to be 100%. I felt the same way loosing Double Take. I kept that up 90% of the time. I also used rapids for vet speed runs. I understand.
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭

In the current games structure, it is.

Go read PTS notes, dev notes on the PTS, watch some ESO Live, and read the patch notes. They explain the overall concept and details of choices made for the skill audit. There won't be adding 30 second rapid maneuverer buff. Something you already eluded to understanding, and showed knowledge of other options after presented to you. Ergo, you just want to complain for the sake of complaining.

If you really didn't want to have a discussion about it, then don't post on a public forum. There are other avenues for feedback, including an in-game option.

Actually, I read the patch notes twice. It took me hours to read it carefully. You're going on about nonsense I've already heard. Despite what you may think, not everyone complains to complain simply because they don't think your "solution" is a solution. I said to please READ, as well as said "no, thank you" very politely, but you're set on being a PITA. Psijic skill doesn't cover all the bases maneuver used to...There, I nutshelled repeated myself because you're too lazy to read... Stop trolling my post because you didn't get the answer you expected to your" solution" I never asked for, and already knew about.

P.S. Your in-game option for feedback doesn't work either XDD
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate the change, so nice to use vigor then you are running between crafting stations or other settings like if falling of the edge in AA and has to run from wayshrine.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.