Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

the best pvp class

• hek5xy2
    hek5xy2
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any point in playing tank at the moment? In the previous patch I saw necromancers at 100k hp + (on ultimate) in pvp
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Magsorc can still kill potatos. It´s not a competetive class though. It has fights that are straight up unwinable unless you massively outclass your opponent - and bc of this i´d be very hesitant to call the class anything more than mediocre even for solo pvp.
    As far as Magicka classes go, especially if you have a healer around, I'd say Mag Sorc is pretty solid. The burst damage is really good, and that's absolutely king right now. All the fretting from various players about a "DOT Meta" is *way* overblown, at least as far as BGs go. I guess getting drive-by DOT stacked by Cyrodiil zergs might be annoying, but burst is still far better in BGs. I've seen so many 1-2 shots of...almost everyone, that it's not really funny anymore.

In BGs everything dies.
    The problem on sorc lies with the fact that even if you have a healer - if you get slight pressure on you there is no offensive window anymore.
    Meaning it´s easy to shut down a sorc dd in bgs even if they have a healer. People just need to play accordingly. Which most of the time they dont (but that goes back to the potato statement).

Edit: Also form my perspective talking about a pure dot meta is just as overblown as talking about burst is king in pvp. It´s a combination of the two and has been for a while now (maybe excluding onslaught builds atm). If you lack the ability to keep an opponent at a HP threshhold where burst is dangerous to them the burst is no good. If you lack the burst and can only whittle down an opponent if at all that doesn´t help either.
    So you need both - atm it´s shifted a bit towards dots by increased dps/hps but overall both is valuable and needed imo.
    Edited by Derra on August 15, 2019 6:25AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magsorc or magplar of PvP
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I have theorycrafted a Magplar that has 31k damage mitigation. As in it can take 31k tooltips damage every second without her health dropping down even one point. And that is in noCP. She also does 27k burst damage. If I wanted to make her even tankier, I would just change one skill to burst heal to double her damage mitigation in full defense mode (spamming burst heal).

On the other hand my newest magsorc is doing 48k burst damage while shield stacking. I don't like shield stacking but the newest patch forced me to do it. Blame the devs.

My Magcro is the third most powerfull magicka char of mine. Its burst and damage mitigation are inferior but he is great for tactical gameplay.

I haven't theorycrafted magblade and magdk yet for the newest patch. But I don't see much potential in them unless you want to play in melee and/or use dots.

As for races for magicka chars, then Breton seems like the best one on paper. If you play around with jewelery enchantments and/or mundus, then Breton is slightly better than Altmer for a well rounded build. For instakill builds that have bad recovery or use Meditation for recovery, the best will be Altmer. Also Altmers passive that recovers your stamina might prove more usefull to you than Breton's more optimized recovery.

However if you want to build for critical damage then Khajiit is your choice.

As you can see the choice for a race depends on your build. As I allways say: first do the build and only then choose the best race for it.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I have theorycrafted a Magplar that has 31k damage mitigation. As in it can take 31k tooltips damage every second without her health dropping down even one point. And that is in noCP. She also does 27k burst damage. If I wanted to make her even tankier, I would just change one skill to burst heal to double her damage mitigation in full defense mode (spamming burst heal).

On the other hand my newest magsorc is doing 48k burst damage while shield stacking. I don't like shield stacking but the newest patch forced me to do it. Blame the devs.

My Magcro is the third most powerfull magicka char of mine. Its burst and damage mitigation are inferior but he is great for tactical gameplay.

I haven't theorycrafted magblade and magdk yet for the newest patch. But I don't see much potential in them unless you want to play in melee and/or use dots.

As for races for magicka chars, then Breton seems like the best one on paper. If you play around with jewelery enchantments and/or mundus, then Breton is slightly better than Altmer for a well rounded build. For instakill builds that have bad recovery or use Meditation for recovery, the best will be Altmer. Also Altmers passive that recovers your stamina might prove more usefull to you than Breton's more optimized recovery.

As you can see the choice for a race depends on your build. As I allways say: first do the build and only then choose the best race for it.

What stats are these 31k every second? Are you talking about resist? Because that's not how it works.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

What stats are these 31k every second? Are you talking about resist? Because that's not how it works.

Lol let it ride man. Resistance is like passive damage shield. Duh xD
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar #1 atm.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s going to depend on how you like to play the game. If you like solo pvp it’s still going to be hard to find a class better than magsorc due to how their burst damage is applied on top of their mobility and easy sustain ability in dark conversion.

If you want to play group play you really can’t go wrong with magplar because of all their group utility. Magden is very strong here as well.

For 1v1 I think mag dk is the strongest because of how tanky they can be in light armor as well as the best crowd control and strong dots that will eventually drain your resources. The game is too far evolved to pick a best class because most classes have strong and weak areas. For example If you are a 1vXer you are going to want to play magsorc over say a magplar even though magplar would be better in group situations.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bruh. 31k resistance doesnt mean it works like that.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, take this advice: always have diffrent toons maxed if you want to play with strongest class.

Öagsorc is best solo pvp mag class. Magplar is good now because they got buffed and it is dot meta. Magplar have the best cleanse in the game.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

This guy has no idea how sorc work too.

Literally no idea.

That guy has done more 1vX on his magsorc than the time any of you zergsorcs even played PvP. Check his 2017 vids. He does not play fotm or meta classes.
    Edited by nsmurfer on August 15, 2019 5:13PM
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    Love his videos but he should rock vigor, I know he has a great unique play style that has made him fans and people imitate it which is the sincerest form of flattery but times are changing and as a 1vX fan he needs to adapt like the rest of us. Could start by slotting vigor.

I was never on board to running with a zoo in cyrodiil so personally the old school vibe of streaking right before meteor made me tingle. Now we get these nice dots to apply pressure before our combo and no pets? Take my monthly money, and when I’m bored as a friend says just go “Unlimited Power” and push behind people with overload and smile “but you have onslaught tho...”
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better question: Which mag class is the saltiest?

I think we all know the answer to that. One of their skills rhymes with leak.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    To me it looks like magplar, magden and Magnecro are the strongest, but it’s early.

For pvp I’d go altmer, Nord or Argonian.

where did you leave magsorcs?

They're there somewhere below those other classes. Magsorcs will always have the best stats on your group because of their execute, but your group is still better off with someone of those other classes imo.

My general feeling is this patch magsorcs and magblades are pretty weak. Cross healing is too important and those two classes typically play selfish builds. It's still early, but that's what I'm thinking.

Well I was talking about solo PvP, where magsorcs still are top with the changes.

They aren't.

Shields got destroyed.

Pets got destroyed.

Range got destroyed.

Every magclasses has received better defense than sorc because they synergise better with healing than sorc.

Every magclass can do better damage by slotting the generics dots because shields cost so much than sorc have no damage if they want to sustain.

l

Magsorc is far away from gutted. They still have the best damage shield, have a vigor like healing under that shield with rapid regen or a breath of life heal with the matriarch. With degeneration and soul trap they got two strong dots like the other classes now in addition to their bursty nature with frags and curse. Also their bar space problem to some extent was resolved thanks to degeneration as new major sorcery with strong secondary effects, the loss of need of two damage shields thanks to rapid regen and an unavoidable stun streak, which was on their bars anyway. Still they have among magclasses the best mobility and strong damage while maintaining strong defense capabilities.

Mag sorc shield is 100% identical to light armor shield. Tooltip is the same, cost is nearly identical. Hardened ward does not synergize with class passives, so no utility there. Unlike other classes that have passives that promote healing.
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    I'm new but every streamer I've watched since patch calls magplar and magsorc as top dogs by a significant amount.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm new but every streamer I've watched since patch calls magplar and magsorc as top dogs by a significant amount.

Must consistently be from streamers playing other classes then magsorcs or magplar. If there’s one thing streamers are consistent about, it’s making excuses when they lose.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratings are hard to tell as full truths, but here is my observations after these days based on Cyrodiil open world playing, from small skirmishes and encounters outside of zerg battles. Magplar has clearly became the FOTM and their numbers are increasing everyday, as was expecting since first week of PTS.

And yes, if have to say a current top dog for solo play at the current patch it is:

#1 Magplar, experienced player with it on a balanced build. FOTMplars who go for tooltip builds been easy to wreck (or they escape or try to and die when realize my build is exactly made to counter the big magplar numbers). I see many familiar names who played pet sorcs last couple patches are now playing magplar this patch, surprise surprise haha. FOTMplars struggle because they do not have Streak when under pressure and magplar plays so different. Some of them will get better with it though.

Not had problems with magplar encounters, unless meet those 3-4 magplar discord groups.. fighting several magplars when solo yourself can be uhh.. annoying. All solo players know what i mean for sure lol. Their combined healing is just so much if they are not total glass cannons that can be burst down 1 by 1, but experienced ones never are too suspectible for burst. Magplar groups are so oppressive that most just run away from them since fighting them is pointless unless got a coordinated small group with comms.

How to kill and handle magplar groups at both Cyro and bgs? Need comms, make a balanced group of:

- tankyish DK for soaking some of the pressure (with mobile banner to keep on top of them)
    - Magcro (great heals and the heal that cleanses negative effects is awesomesauce). Colossus for burst.
    - Magsorc for Negate, executes and burst.
    - Stamden (you know why lol)

Thats a group of 4 that can do it, i did leave templar out of it on purpose, you hunt fotm without having fotm, eh? :joy:

Bonus to that team of 4 awesome fotm hunters at Cyrodiil: Have a hidden ninja NB to give Bolstering Darkness for Major Protection if feel like needing it. That secret 5th member of your team can also work as a bomber, when in 1 month we have groups of 20+ templars roaming around Cyrodiil. Nuke them!

Every good team needs one ninja who is antisocial and has selfish build, and just escapes if team is about to die. Some ninjas leave to put a camp up. Some just leave. Make sure to hire a ninja that likes to spend AP on tents. :wink:

These are my observations from a Magicka Necro view after these days. Been fun playing with magcro. :smile:
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »

Literally no idea.

That guy has done more 1vX on his magsorc than the time any of you zergsorcs even played PvP. Check his 2017 vids. He does not play fotm or meta classes.

Oh did he 1vX more than 2 sorcs to well past grand overlord aswell?

I think he knows nothing about the class and to even mention magsorc and magplar in the same sentence when talking about pvp capabilities this patch just shows that he probably didn´t test anything apart from nuking a single cp120 player on a resource and called it a day.
    It’s going to depend on how you like to play the game. If you like solo pvp it’s still going to be hard to find a class better than magsorc due to how their burst damage is applied on top of their mobility and easy sustain ability in dark conversion.

If you want to play group play you really can’t go wrong with magplar because of all their group utility. Magden is very strong here as well.

For 1v1 I think mag dk is the strongest because of how tanky they can be in light armor as well as the best crowd control and strong dots that will eventually drain your resources. The game is too far evolved to pick a best class because most classes have strong and weak areas. For example If you are a 1vXer you are going to want to play magsorc over say a magplar even though magplar would be better in group situations.

Mag Templar beats DK in 1v1 currently - hands down not even a contest.

For 1vX i´d chose stamblade over sorc bc sorc doesn´t handle dots well. Sorc is good with los due to streak. This however doesn´t help with mitigating dmg from dots once applied. Both arent great though. A magplar with RAT will definetly give them a run for their money by now.

Group everything kinda works. Just bring a resto staff.
    Edited by Derra on August 16, 2019 6:12AM
    <Noricum>

• RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭

Literally no idea.

I think he knows nothing about the class and to even mention magsorc and magplar in the same sentence when talking about pvp capabilities this patch just shows that he probably didn´t test anything apart from nuking a single cp120 player on a resource and called it a day.

For 1vX i´d chose stamblade over sorc bc sorc doesn´t handle dots well. Sorc is good with los due to streak. This however doesn´t help with mitigating dmg from dots once applied. Both arent great though. A magplar with RAT will definetly give them a run for their money by now.

The problem of comparing magsorc and magplars for solo is the mobility. I agree, cleansing and the strong healing helps a lot for a magplar to stay alive and gives a lot of tankyness to them. But in the scenario of being outnumbered in the open field with some rocks and trees, a magplar struggles to find offensive windows or to move enough to lose some of the enemies. The enemies will always catch up to the magplar, meanwhile a magsorc can truly get away from the enemy and lose some of them to the point he can face the now smaller enemy mass. The magplar does not have this ability, the enemy will always catch up and they most likely will go after him, which is different to a streaking sorcerer.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Literally no idea.

If you can survive in open world pvp without (not including nightblade with cloak) vigor you're fighting potatoes.....
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Literally no idea.

If you can survive in open world pvp without (not including nightblade with cloak) vigor you're fighting potatoes.....

If you kill enemies with one stun, gap closer plus onslaught, you are fighting potatoes.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No question Magplar and Magsorc are right up at the top currently if you’re just thinking about a basic all around class. If you have a specific group composition anything is possible.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    No question Magplar and Magsorc are right up at the top currently if you’re just thinking about a basic all around class. If you have a specific group composition anything is possible.

Agree on magplar, but why on earth do you believe magsorc is a top-tier pick in this patch(if we speak from a solo perspective and exclude the overload cheese builds)?
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . A magplar with RAT will definetly give them a run for their money by now.

This. Derra is on point again.

This is what many seem to forget. Too many still have this image of a slow turtle templar.. RAT with certain builds will make a magplar very mobile, balanced both offensive & defensively up to the point at current dot era it having very little amount of weaknesses when played right.

Of course all have their strenghts and weaknesses, but right now magplar has many strenghts and very few weaknesses.. and those "weaknesses" can cover up easily with RAT and build choices. Last patch when played my templar it was very mobile with RAT, gapcloser + 2 Swift. Yeah, i like Swift trait on most of my setups still.

And here we are, everyday since this patch came Live, fewer and fewer pet sorcs around, more and more magplars each day. It is what it is.

Gonna focus playing my Necro this patch, while Blastbones still not 100% reliable, atleast it occasionally works now. :p Also my trusty old stamsorc will be doing some occasional magplar hunting, 2h smashing is always satisfying. Needs to adjust build a lot though for it.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Literally no idea.

The problem of comparing magsorc and magplars for solo is the mobility. I agree, cleansing and the strong healing helps a lot for a magplar to stay alive and gives a lot of tankyness to them. But in the scenario of being outnumbered in the open field with some rocks and trees, a magplar struggles to find offensive windows or to move enough to lose some of the enemies. The enemies will always catch up to the magplar, meanwhile a magsorc can truly get away from the enemy and lose some of them to the point he can face the now smaller enemy mass. The magplar does not have this ability, the enemy will always catch up and they most likely will go after him, which is different to a streaking sorcerer.

The issue this patch is that sorc mobility no longer allows you to counter a large portion of the incoming dmg.

You´re effectively stuck in melee with streak as a cc. This means when you do start to disengage you will have a large part of the incoming dmg on you (dots) and dealing with it is way more resource intensive than it is on necro, templar or stamblade.

Templar isn´t far behind if at all from sorc if you have the capability to chose your fights in a location that suits the class - not an open field. When you solo pvp you make sure that you´re fighting in a favorable location for your class and build - so making an argument of the class fighting in a disadvanted position isn´t really a good argument from my perspective.

Also templar simply has the capability this patch to win fights where the sorc simply dies or has to completely run away.

The biggest problem on sorc this patch is though - they have fights they simply can not win 1v1. Assuming equal skill a sorc (not wearing a specific counter setup) will not be able to win against magplar, magDK (with wings and speed or chains) and stamDK and maybe stamden (though that depends on setup heavily).
    A class that has unwinnable fights can imo not be labeled great for solo play - unless you´re praying on potatos - which most sorcs do but then should the classes capabilities be weighted on that performance?
    Edited by Derra on August 16, 2019 8:23AM
    <Noricum>

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Agree on magplar, but why on earth do you believe magsorc is a top-tier pick in this patch(if we speak from a solo perspective and exclude the overload cheese builds)?

Why do we eliminate overload cheese builds from the equation and not say excluding cheese eclipse builds? Outside of that, the thing that has pushed magplar too far was doubling ERs heal and the DOT meta. Personally; I'd assume they just get rid of Eclipse and they could undo the ER buff but then I just stopped running magplar myself back to stamplar and that ER HOT has really helped stamplar who either way, is probably going to get smacked because of this.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Literally no idea.

If you kill enemies with one stun, gap closer plus onslaught, you are fighting potatoes.

Not in no-CP. Maybe add in an execute.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten