The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

you hate me i hate you zos

adree
adree
✭✭✭
[snip] but sure this will not happened he will continue to poison my game time with decisions like this. lost tons of mats never planned to be refined all because of som1 decided he knows better what i need to do with my mats. no choice *** max refine for you player.

well snip this

[Edit for bashing.]
Edited by adree on August 14, 2019 10:34AM
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you using an add-on to auto craft? Yeah it sets it to Max automatically, but you can change it. What did you think max meant?
    PC/EU DC
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You lost tonnes of mats? Explain. Could you not exit the crafting station?

This thread will not last long.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    maximum
    noun

the greatest or highest amount possible or attained
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darned technology, do what I want you to, not what I tell you to!
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darned technology, do what I want you to, not what I tell you to!

Mom?
    PC/EU DC
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 23 - no mod needed.
    Just click on min and you do one set at a time.
    200 to refine - do not click on min - refine 200 in one go
    200 to refine - click on min - refine 10 - left with 190

BUT - the "min" only lasts one click so you need to click on min again
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »

Really? So it's auto set to max or?
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know that. OP just made it sound like they had no choice and it was automatically refining without their input. Dolgubon's Lazy Writ crafter has an option to auto craft your writs as soon as you interact with the crafting station. Otherwise you have to hit the craft button to start the process. I was wondering if they had an add-on like that. Because otherwise, they simply didn't pay attention to the max setting. Nothing automatically refined all their mats. They hit the button.
    PC/EU DC
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Hate everything about you - Why do I love you...
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really? So it's auto set to max or?

Yeah. They should probably change it to automatically set to min, but people would complain about that too.
    PC/EU DC
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree to certain point, max button should have warning message before actual crafting.
    Crafted 45 rubedite daggers yesterday, only lack of inventory saved me from more :D
    And now imagine that you may waste something like corn flower or perfect roe or hakeijo that way. Ugh, a nightmare!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t the new multi craft is set to 0 from the start until you use it?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Isn’t the new multi craft is set to 0 from the start until you use it?

Add 200 mats to refine - hit refine - refine 200
    You only want to refine 10 - hit min button
    You want to refine 100 - hit minus until it reads 10 (10x10)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it matter if you get the same stuff you would have gotten doing them one at a time?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • adree
    adree
    ✭✭✭
    it sets refine to max automatically if u dont hit F NG ADDITIONAL button and after 5 years i did what i did all this years i pressed refined when it was set to max. really hate this company it refines 10k of raw staff in 1 sec earlier same was with another 10k of mats and 97 calm gall or whatever this calls. its not my fault i'm sure. u cant do such things like this.

for me it looks like their own workers bushing trolling me, they acting against their own rules

and y theres a ticket but they not even to look at it just stupid auto response where i need to repeat all what happened again, this f n company fine
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    adree wrote: »
    it sets refine to max automatically if u dont hit F NG ADDITIONAL button and after 5 years i did what i did all this years i pressed refined when it was set to max. really hate this company it refines 10k of raw staff in 1 sec earlier same was with another 10k of mats and 97 calm gall or whatever this calls. its not my fault i'm sure. u cant do such things like this.

for me it looks like their own workers bushing trolling me, they acting against their own rules

and y theres a ticket but they not even to look at it just stupid auto response where i need to repeat all what happened again, this f n company fine

It didn't set mine to max automatically but I don't have any crafting addons. I refined my jewelry mats the old way without changing anything.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • adree
    adree
    ✭✭✭
    lKprRiL.gif

turned off all addons but it doesnt matter there aint no any addons which sets refine to max auto thats how this [snip]

[Edit for bashing.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on August 13, 2019 10:09PM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hmmm...
    Why does it matter if you get the same stuff you would have gotten doing them one at a time?

I don't get it either...

- Press button 200x 1/200
    - Press button 1x 200/200

But maybe OP wanted to sell 10, so only wanted to refine 190.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not have my crafting set to AUTO. I had to use the - or +.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    hmmm...

I don't get it either...

Sell first then....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After editing a few posts, we must remind everyone that all posts should be kept civil and constructive. No more bashing as that is in fact a violation of the rules that we have in place. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    hmmm...

I don't get it either...

It's typically more profitable to sell raw mats than refined ones. You might need to refine a couple for some crafting you're doing but want to keep the rest raw.

I don't recall my game automatically setting the amount to max, but if that's what it does, I can see why it could be problematic.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 13, 2019 10:33PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Mine wasn't set to max. I use Lazy Writ Crafter, and auto refined with it today, it did 10 at a time like it always does. I don't need it doing gobs at a time, it doesn't take that long for normal....
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without add-ons, mine is set to max, but it doesnt say Max or anything like that.

I had 74 raw ruby ash. Its set to refine 7 times by default if I press Refine. I can lower the amount or use the Min button to refine 10 at a time.

ZOS seems to have assumed that everyone wants to refine ALL their mats now that we finally can rather than leaving it at min as the default.

Seems like a classic case of unclear UI and "do what I want, not what I tell you to" to me.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that. OP just made it sound like they had no choice and it was automatically refining without their input. Dolgubon's Lazy Writ crafter has an option to auto craft your writs as soon as you interact with the crafting station. Otherwise you have to hit the craft button to start the process. I was wondering if they had an add-on like that. Because otherwise, they simply didn't pay attention to the max setting. Nothing automatically refined all their mats. They hit the button.

They may have had autorefine installed. Not sure how it works now, but it used to automate the refining process. Combine that with patch day weirdness, and it's just this side of possible their addon autorefined everything on the wrong character after they enabled out of date addons.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use autorefine too - and it doesn't auto refine unless you click the button.
  • Larisian_Sureshot
    Larisian_Sureshot
    Soul Shriven

This!!!!!!

Please fix it so that "Min" Lasts more than one click. 1.9k in Ancestor Silk refined because I set it to Min=1 refined and then hit refine again not noticing it had changed to Max right after.

Really????
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not exactly.

After looking at this again with some other mats I have, the design needs to be changed.

There needs to be a DEFAULT MINIMUM, and the user MUST have to press a MAX button--or do away with it completely and just have a window where the user inputs the number of refining times--obviously, too much will return "not enough mats" or something.

What I'm looking at, it can be very easy to craft all the mats. Seems like it defaults to MAX, which isn't a good idea. Also, I recommend two different buttons for MIN and MAX, not both so that they can be accidentally hit the second time. Clicking on a mat to refine, it's very sensitive to go from min to max. In any case, I'm leaning towards an input window.

What I'm looking at right now, I have to press the MIN every single time just to refine once. That's ridiculous. I don't think we were asking for that. What we wanted, was an area to input how many mats we wanted refined, and to NOT have the system automatically default to max refine for us.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on August 13, 2019 11:14PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I use autorefine too - and it doesn't auto refine unless you click the button.

No idea, then. I know people who've accidentally let addons decon research pieces they were holding. I don't use autorefine, so... *shrugs*
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried it. Had 274 platinum grains and it did all of them in one go. I wasn’t happy but not devastated either. Now I have to do One more click to accomplish the thing I was doing yesterday with 1 click.

Before: click on mats, press R for each 10 you want to do..
    Now: click on mats, click the min button, then press R.

Edited
    Edited by max_only on August 14, 2019 2:45PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom