Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill respec costs

ninibini
ninibini
✭✭✭
With previous updates that changed lots of skills we usually got a week or so of reduced skill respec costs.

This update changed a lot of skills, so it would be nice if we could get that again @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? They didn't? Shameful...
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Skill respecs are set to zero gold for this week, until August 19. Just added this to the patch notes for clarity as well.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Haethel
    Haethel
    Soul Shriven
    Skill respecs are set to zero gold for this week, until August 19. Just added this to the patch notes for clarity as well.

This is untrue. I just paid 18k gold to respec skills on my stamblade.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't sound good. :(
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haethel wrote: »

Jip. Still costs gold for me. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 12, 2019 3:14PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Haethel wrote: »

Jip. Still costs gold for me. @ZOS_GinaBruno

Where are you currently looking that shows it costs gold?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I used respec station in wayrest and it cost usual gold, unless it is visual error, i did not check when i was online
    #MOREORBS
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been cool if this had been done with the patch and not after. While it's changed for me now, most of us who logged in and went to work directly after the patch still had to pay.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I used respec station in wayrest and it cost usual gold, unless it is visual error, i did not check when i was online

Just to confirm, you're going to the skill respec station and not the attribute station?

For anyone running into this issue, please submit a ticket with support so we can further troubleshoot. From everything we're seeing on our end, skill respecs specifically currently cost zero gold and have been since the update launched today.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I can 100% guarantee you that it did NOT hit with the patch. It was in fact a big talking point within my group of friends that we were confused by the lack of any free respec option. Only when a few friends came on 1-2 hours later and talked about it being free, did the early birds among us find out it had changed.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

Just to confirm, you're going to the skill respec station and not the attribute station?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Yup skill respec
    #MOREORBS
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a number of things that do not match the published patch notes as well as several changes made on the PTS in .3 or .4 that have reverted to the .1 version on release. It would appear tha some mistakes have been made, but they mostly seem to be unhelpful ones so I doubt we’ll see a hotfix [/cynicism]
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, we just confirmed the skill respec cost change didn't actually go live until 10am EDT, and the update went live at 8:20am EDT. We've made some updates to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future. If you respec'd prior to 10am and spent gold, please submit a ticket with Support and we'll see what we can do to help.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Haethel
    Haethel
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, we just confirmed the skill respec cost change didn't actually go live until 10am EDT, and the update went live at 8:20am EDT. We've made some updates to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future. If you respec'd prior to 10am and spent gold, please submit a ticket with Support and we'll see what we can do to help.

Thanks for responding. Ticket has been raised.
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, Gina, for looking into it and getting back to us. It just seemed like some sort of timing hiccup. Looks like the patch just finished early instead of at 10:00. Thanks for everything you do.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a wonderful idea - given the changes, it is very helpful for the number of morph respecs I'm looking at across a number of characters.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a wonderful idea - given the changes, it is very helpful for the number of morph respecs I'm looking at across a number of characters.

True, I can re-spec several characters who were low on skyshard count to crafters for free.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭

True, I can re-spec several characters who were low on skyshard count to crafters for free.

Yep im definately doing this lol...
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, they usually don't include respec cost reductions, or at least they haven't in the past which was bothersome to me. However, when I consider how many items we get during events and daily rewards, it's really not all that much money. But, I'm not gonna turn it down, either...

edit: I'm still retired, though... until you guys fix those audio issues.
    Edited by ProbablePaul on August 12, 2019 5:27PM
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, they usually don't include respec cost reductions, or at least they haven't in the past
    Yes, they have, but not every time they make a change that totally destroys a build I would agree.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭