The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Are No-Pet PVE MagSorcs viable?

MakeMeUhSamich
MakeMeUhSamich
✭✭✭✭✭
All I’ve seen are pet builds/parses. Any insight for us console peasants?

TYIA
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish I could tell you for sure since I love sorcs but I am not sure. I know Elemental Succession is gonna be a nice set, would probably work on Sorcs very well, especially with Force Pulse.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nonpet sorcs are viable. Not sure on which content you want one, though. I understand that if you ask it, is that youre not on one of those vet trial guilds who just want to have the best. Sorc isnt the best, but if you dont play there, then it´s fine.

• Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I wish I could tell you for sure since I love sorcs but I am not sure. I know Elemental Succession is gonna be a nice set, would probably work on Sorcs very well, especially with Force Pulse.

Yeah, or actually on a single element build (Fire mostly), it´s a 550 SD so not bad. Could take the room of Spell Strategist set easily.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Viable? Yes! But I highly recommend using Familiar anyways. Familiar isn't that annoying in trial like these Wing Flappers and it's the strongest option you have on a magsorc.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on August 11, 2019 4:55PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they’ll be viable in Scalebreaker as a DoT build. Basically fill your bars with:
    - Liquid Lightning
    - Haunting Curse
    - Crystal Frags
    - Blockade
    - Flame Reach
    - Degeneration
    - Soul Trap
    - Scalding Rune
    - Barbed Trap or Lightweight Trap

I haven’t found the perfect rotation to maintain uptime on these, but it needs to be 12s long to avoid overcasting curse. The easiest way would be just cast every skill on 12s intervals and add in a few spammable to fill the time, but that gives only 83% uptime on Soul Trap and Flame Reach. You could also use Shock Reach as another DoT instead of a spammable, but then you’ll need to overcast something to fill the rotation (probably won’t have 3 frag procs from 4 DoT casts on front bar). There is certainly a better rotation involving these DoTs, but it is going to be complicated and AFAIK has not been discovered yet.

The other option is to use a Force Pulse build with a Perfect Asylum Staff. Basically alternate casting FP and each of 6 DoTs. This is an easy static rotation, but requires a lot of bar swapping and limits the number of skills you can use. Still need Blockade for the Maelstrom effect and back bar enchants. Degen, Haunting, Flame Reach and Scalding are the 4 hardest hitting DoTs. For the 6th DoT you can use Soul Trap for highest solo damage or Liquid Lightning for a negligible DPS loss and providing a synergy. The downsides to this build are that it can’t use Frags effectively, so you need another Sorc for Minor Prophecy. It’s also forced to either use a crafted set (Julianos or Acuity) or run 7 light armor.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great replies! Thank you!

I pretty much only run Trials these days with guilds that are after completions rather than seriously pushing score.

I don’t play Alts and was wondering if there was a large enough DPS discrepancy going no-pet to warrant possibly switching to StamSorc.

Last patch it was an easy choice to use the Matriarch due to the utility and DPS boost, but that appears to have been nerfed into oblivion.