The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

With all these changes, would you slot grand healing for your healer?

CHM228
CHM228
✭✭✭
Grand healing now became non-spamable ability and now it focuses on HOT with longer duration.

While we have some other AOE skills within class skill line to use (Healing ritual for templar, Mushrooms and budding seeds for warden, renewing undeath for necromancer),
they can’t do same as grand healing.

The best method is probably using grand healing for HoT, class skill for burst spamable heal but that’s gonna take extra skill slot.

Now, if you gonna use one of them, would you use class skill for AOE heal situation instead of grand healing?
Or you gonna keep grand healing in your slot as AOE HoT healing?
You’d slot both of them perhaps?
Edited by CHM228 on August 10, 2019 11:41PM

With all these changes, would you slot grand healing for your healer? 35 votes

I’d rather use class skills as substitute
14%
StibbonsVeeskCHM228sindalstarDelparis 5 votes
I’d keep grand healing in my slot despite the change
34%
KadoozySvenjaDracaneLiquidPonyOlupajmibananglauciocharaoWildRaptorXMiguZFenrisWolf1136crazywolfpusherdanaraPaddyVu 12 votes
I’d use them both for better healing output
51%
Lightspeedflashb14_ESOIruil_ESOArwyrJodynnFlaminirShaibaSnowZeniaSassiestAssassinFroilChickenSuckerRadagastThePinkBluestatMashmalloMandarkblue5SomniluxsnarkomatichasiLady_Arikel 18 votes
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depend content.
    In dungeon I never use grand healing, it's overkill, Prayer + Muta + 1 Burst is enough for heal all content even HM DLC.
    With the huge buff on Muta, I don't plan to change anything for healing these 4man-content.

For Raid, I'll use it.
    RoR, Seed (6sec refresh is a bit boring too), Surge have half the heal output/sec of grand healing on PTS, so I'll probably not slot them, or only when ton of heal are needed.

Path and Ash are tiny but the heal output is the same as grand healing, so, yeah I'll slot them.
    Still not played the necro so I can't tell.

RR can be a good option if you just want a strong emergency hot , but I find better to keep Muta ON and use burst if needed.
    Edited by Aznarb on August 11, 2019 12:30AM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d use them both for better healing output
    I already use both HoTs(Springs+Class Skill) like probably most Healers. The Class Skills aren't only good for their (now increased) Healing, but also Synergies or Effects.

With the Reduction of Healing Done to Springs, you will have to use both very likely anyway, else you won't get through a lot of content looking at the DMG from certain Mechanics etc.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definately. I will be using it with more joy than right now. I always only placed one grand healing at a time, which will be more rewarding now. I just wish, they would have increased the healing it does rather than reducing it. That seems like a big and unneeded nerf. But grand healing is more of a buffgiver than anything for me.

I use it as easy upkeep for spell power cure and as a support heal alongside my main heal. (even though I came to realize, that healing orb is probably better at this. But I still prefer grand healing due to its functionality.)

I hope Zenimax stops balancing abilities around their total potency, instead of their potency per second.
    Sure, illustrious healing lasts 12 seconds and over 12 seconds, it will have healed for more than right now. But even 50 000 healing per spell is not good, when it happens over 60 seconds for example. Nobody needs 1k or so healing per second or whatever it is that healing springs does now, even when it heals for more per magicka spent. This is such a boring design philosophy.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen the buffed Master Resto staff?

Springs spam is going to be the raid meta this patch.
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use healing springs like ever.
    Got warden skills for that.

Though I support its change wholeheartedly.
    Edited by sindalstar on August 11, 2019 5:45AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would depend on the content as it does now. But also, if you are running with a trial group you pretty much use the skills you are asked to use. Those are pretty standard for the most part. I have seen players choose to refuse to wear specific sets or skills get removed from a raid team. Simple reason, they did not really want to be part of that team.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Have you seen the buffed Master Resto staff?

Springs spam is going to be the raid meta this patch.

TBH I don't think dev have thinking about spam the grand heal to abuse the staff effect that why the value got buffed this high.
    They probably gonna nerf it as soon as people will start to abuse it cuz atm it's a bit OP for stam sustain from my pov.

[ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    Context : this patch i ll play warden healer

I ll play both, but not for a better healing output.

I ll play grand healing, because it is still an aoe heal that can be usefull, but not the healing springs morph, instead i ll play illustrous healing (heal more, last longer), i think that with the change to orbs we will not have to invest a lot in magicka regen... So ill invest more in spell damage to have more powerfull heal.
    Plus... Considering the change to Master Resto Staff (instant 750 stamina back instead of 250)...master resto is quiet Op (especialy in pvp)... I would have prefer more Stamina but du ring the all Grand Healing (like a passive stamina regen).

But i dont Know if i ll play class abilities for burst heal... With the change of Combat prayer, if your group is well placed it should do it... And about mushrooms, i prefer play this for the buff, i dont Know how strong thé healing output is compare to combat prayer ?

As a conclusion :

Illustrous healing to have like a passive output.
    Combat prayer for burst heal and damage buff (require that your dd know how to place themselves).
    Class skills for buff and synnergies. (i think that maybe necro could have a place in some trials where People cant be placed at the same point like vHoF with Life Amid Death).
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PTS, they buffed the master resto by ~280%, with Healing Springs spam from a healer, stamina DDs in trials can easily sustain blue food.
    If that goes live, springs spam is what you will do in all those freed up global cooldowns, even though they don't stack. It's 740 Stamina every second, even in block. Too good to miss out.

9a5a8848e7abf72c3b56ae038e160a4b.png

Former Master Resto:
    G1jPQeX_d.jpg
    Buffed to 740 from 258 on PTS...
    L9tKSMt_d.jpg
    Edited by Svenja on August 12, 2019 9:08AM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    On PTS, they buffed the master resto by ~280%, with Healing Springs spam from a healer, stamina DDs in trials can easily sustain blue food.
    If that goes live, springs spam is what you will do in all those freed up global cooldowns, even though they don't stack. It's 740 Stamina every second, even in block. Too good to miss out.

9a5a8848e7abf72c3b56ae038e160a4b.png

G1jPQeX_d.jpg

Yeah that's pretty insane lol
    Luckily i have master restro staff so i should use it with grand healing after patch goes live asap, before it gets nerfed XD
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^
    Lol, so other stam races will be even farther from orc, cause sustain will be rather irrelevant :D
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I just think if they troll us. Those magnitude of changes of single skills and items like +200% - 200% hardly can be called calculated balancing.