Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Poison dot the new pvp meta ?

Delparis
Delparis
✭✭✭✭✭
You should test poison dots from poison injection and gear like viper.
The result will surprise you.

Btw I don't ask for a nerf
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol oh man oh man
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The meme user strikes again?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoT loose against both templars and nightblades (if they dont have latency issues) and if it becomes "meta" any magicka based char will simply have to slot purge in order to be fine with those.

also dots dont benefit from onslaught/corrosive armor.

dot builds have always been powerfull weither using dots or not, but i dont see them better or worse with u23
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Viper is disappointing compared to any set that adds raw offensive stats (like Hunding's Rage, Spriggan, Briarheart). Trust me, I've used a cheesy Viper + Seventh Legion set up for a very long time.
    Edited by Vermethys on August 11, 2019 10:59AM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vermethys wrote: »
    Viper is disappointing compared to any set that adds raw offensive stats (like Hunding's Rage, Spriggan, Briarheart). Trust me, I've used a cheesy Viper + Seventh Legion set up for a very long time.

The value of proc sets go up as your investment in raw offensive stats go down. Some stats give inordinate benefit once you cross a certain line, but you have to give up a lot to get there. If you want to invest heavily into speed for example, you can cover your ability damage losses with a damage procs. It is just another build option.

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    DoT loose against both templars and nightblades (if they dont have latency issues) and if it becomes "meta" any magicka based char will simply have to slot purge in order to be fine with those.

also dots dont benefit from onslaught/corrosive armor.

dot builds have always been powerfull weither using dots or not, but i dont see them better or worse with u23

No way purge classes will be able to sustain next patch with the number of effects/dots that are going to be put on them. Neither will shields. Dots are cheaper to cast, and purges have to clear effects as well as dots.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, cleansing ritual's synergy removes everything so anyone playing with a templar + the templar himself will ruin DoTs.

and, iirc, templar u23 tweaks might put them in a good spot tomorow so they might become more common than before.

the question is about being "meta", and again, "meta" things use to be good to awesome in every single situation. Such a downside about DoTs cant fit with this definition.

even if purge costs a lot one morph is cheaper and the other heals when dots are removed, even with proc dots it'll take less GCD to remove them for your target than for you to afflict it.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not about being able to cleanse its about game play for me. DoT game play is just apply and re-apply its a playstyle of simple attrition. Its not dynamic at all. I really wish they would not go down the route but they are.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »

Deadly Strike works well too.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Its not about being able to cleanse its about game play for me. DoT game play is just apply and re-apply its a playstyle of simple attrition. Its not dynamic at all. I really wish they would not go down the route but they are.

The bleed meta was no different. Master dual wield axes and spam rending slashes. At least dots don’t completely ignore resistance like bleeds did.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    well, cleansing ritual's synergy removes everything so anyone playing with a templar + the templar himself will ruin DoTs.

and, iirc, templar u23 tweaks might put them in a good spot tomorow so they might become more common than before.

the question is about being "meta", and again, "meta" things use to be good to awesome in every single situation. Such a downside about DoTs cant fit with this definition.

even if purge costs a lot one morph is cheaper and the other heals when dots are removed, even with proc dots it'll take less GCD to remove them for your target than for you to afflict it.

Great point. I habitually think about self purge with the skill.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, it is not the new meta just hits a little bit more.... Since dot build is very hard to play it is so normal... Pve already it is a great to change. For the PVP they just need to tune heals and little buff them...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think we’re going into a dot meta at all. I mean, you could use a lot of dots if you wanted to in a ranged build I guess.

Defense is down through nerfs, I don’t see why things would change at all especially with onslaught. If burst is up you’ll be able to blow someone up in 3 GCDs, dots would be useless in a setting like that.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These threads you gotta be careful what you say now. A nerfling will pick something up and try to rally 600 roleplayers to get it nerfed.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaving the game is the new meta! ;) farewell all!!
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaving the game is the new meta! ;) farewell all!!

You think i still play ? No way ... I'm just here for the entertainment. 😂
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »

Test it yourself and post your results
  • liningtonsweldingb16_ESO
    Vermethys wrote: »

Viper can still be super effective on the backbar.. it’s a guaranteed proc every 4 seconds.. so if you’re backbarring a cc that does dmg or a dot it’s a guaranteed burst of dmg every time you apply that ability.. for example I had a build that had reverb on the backbar where I slotted 5 viper and double dot poisons.. so A lot of the time ide slap my enemy with a reverb and proc both viper and the poisons immediately... that along with my master dual axes on my front bar just mad for a nasty nasty dot build... I ran a Stam sorc but would be twice as deadly on a stam dk I’m sure
    Edited by liningtonsweldingb16_ESO on August 15, 2019 4:08PM