The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ranged CCs should have the same distance.

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
All ranged CCs with staves and bow should have the same max range, and it should be the same range as gap closers/pulls.

Just like it was way back in the day - it worked pretty well and it would also standardize this aspect of the game.

22m ftw!!
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    All ranged CCs with staves and bow should have the same max range, and it should be the same range as gap closers/pulls.

Just like it was way back in the day - it worked pretty well and it would also standardize this aspect of the game.

22m ftw!!

Totally agree, no to double standards!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should also remove double cc:s from the game.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My CC is so long

The biggliest CC ever. Believe me.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standardizing the range of ranged stuns is not such a bad idea. Making it 22m is though! It would make playing at range completely impossible though. Not that it is much better now (99.9% of the fights between belee and range builds are fought in melee range), but at least you got a chance in that nice window of opportunity between 28m and 22m.

And too much standardization isn't good either. Hardened Ward is now identical to Dampen Magic. Following that logic Cloak and Breath of Life for everybody should be next. At that point, why bother with classes at all. ZOS is already making a push for weapon / guild line skills - i.e. everybody using the same stuff.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed, 22m is fine
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree that they should be at same range, but i disagree with 22m for 2reasons:

-gapcloser can be spammed

-ranged cc cant be spammed

28m would be better.

right now we have 15m for destro staff; 22m for bow; 28m for stonefist and same 28m from piercing javelin.

(ps: as a nightblade i love to see my class skills being weaker than non-class skills while templars and dks have their own put in the famous "rule breaking category"...)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this would completely remove the defenses of ranged damage dealers.
    i vote "NO" on this request

the whole point of ranged play skills being far reaching is to keep us ranged players at a distance so we dont die and fight hand to hand combat that we are not built for.

Edited by Gilvoth on August 9, 2019 7:16PM
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    i agree that they should be at same range, but i disagree with 22m for 2reasons:

28m would be better.

right now we have 15m for destro staff; 22m for bow; 28m for stonefist and same 28m from piercing javelin.

(ps: as a nightblade i love to see my class skills being weaker than non-class skills while templars and dks have their own put in the famous "rule breaking category"...)

Yea, standardization. Seems like it only applies to certain classes and skills.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »

28m would be better.

No to 28m because that equates to 36m in Cyrodiil. 22-24m is the sweet spot and every ranged cc should follow this standard.

22 is already present so it makes the most sense to standardize on, I'd prefer 24m because as you said, gap closers can be spammed, not every ranged cc has knockback.

The point of a ranged cc should be to keep your opponent at a distance so you can maintain your gap. If you allow the cc 28m(36m) then your just trying to lock people down from ranged so they can never reach you at all. There needs to be some type of balance. It's most likely why they reduced Staff/Bow to anything but 28m, but I don't understand why touch is 15. It's garbage.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they should change other ranged CCs to a shorter distance (less than 28m) like what was done with flame clench and draining shot.
    Edited by iRaivyne on August 9, 2019 7:39PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone should be exactly the same! Nobody wants racial diversity or class diversity or build diversity.

It worked for Quake Arena, so why not ESO?
    fighting19.gif

• kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marshall1289 then simply remove the range buff from cyrodiil and we're good with 28m range for everything. less ppl afk on walls, a better world all in all.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Everyone should be exactly the same! Nobody wants racial diversity or class diversity or build diversity.

It worked for Quake Arena, so why not ESO?
    fighting19.gif

I always played Orbb in Q3, now I play bosmers. I can't resist cutieness of small height and squeaky sounds :D

r781t4ah8bbw.jpg

• CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    Ranged CC's should be longer than gap closers as the point of them is to stop enemies getting in to melee range, so if all gap closers are 22 metres then ranged CC's should be 28 metres.

Melee character should have the higher chance of winning in close combat, but they need to get in to melee range to do so. So to keep enemies at range, ranged toons need to have tools that allow that to happen, so all range attacks/stun/CC's should be longer than any gap closer.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranged doesn't mean no one should ever be able to touch you.

If we had collision, the tanky guys could be body blocking and meat shielding and cc'ing on the front lines. But we don't have that. Melee dps *has* to be able to reach ranged characters well before a reasonable timeframe for getting ranged nuked, or they just become target dummies.
    Edited by NBrookus on August 10, 2019 4:13AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranged CC's should be longer than gap closers as the point of them is to stop enemies getting in to melee range, so if all gap closers are 22 metres then ranged CC's should be 28 metres.

Melee character should have the higher chance of winning in close combat, but they need to get in to melee range to do so. So to keep enemies at range, ranged toons need to have tools that allow that to happen, so all range attacks/stun/CC's should be longer than any gap closer.

you said that perfectly.
    thank you.
    all truth.
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Ranged doesn't mean no one should ever be able to touch you.

If we had collision, the tanky guys could be body blocking and meat shielding and cc'ing on the front lines. But we don't have that. Melee dps *has* to be able to reach ranged characters well before a reasonable timeframe for getting ranged nuked, or they just become target dummies.

I agree. I am not saying that ranged should be able to shut down melee, but it is currently too easy for melee dps to get in to melee range (5/7 metres!).
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, if you get ranged nuked with a single CC you should work on your resistance. also; ranged cc, like all other cc cannot be spammed while gap closer can.

spoil: environment can help you against ranged easily at max range. try not to run strait forward into fight but maybe find a vicious way to reach your target, you may find it usefull.