The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well in BGs this is what I've been running with success. It's low/mid MMR, so I'll see some BG regular names but it's hard to tell if it's competitive or not yet because it's still mostly newer players or players on alts, Alliance ranks 10-20 or so. I'm still trying to grind out my alliance rank to 10 and leveling skills in BGs:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=207332

Edit - oops, I always run radiating regen, rapid regen is unreliable.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 10, 2020 4:11PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As an aside, anyone else considering switching to stam next patch? I was looking at some stam builds and it'll be hard to compete with 5m with all these new sets with huge weapon/spell damage.

Looking at something like this, damage/burst from stam will be really up:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=211140

No CP-stam builds will hit just as hard or harder as CP mag builds.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 10, 2020 6:51PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Well in BGs this is what I've been running with success. It's low/mid MMR, so I'll see some BG regular names but it's hard to tell if it's competitive or not yet because it's still mostly newer players or players on alts, Alliance ranks 10-20 or so. I'm still trying to grind out my alliance rank to 10 and leveling skills in BGs:

Just wondering why the Health Offering and Healing Orb on that back bar? You could run retreating maneuvers I guess though it will be hard to spam it. You also could use essence of speed/invis or another pot for major expedition such as using roguish droughts as trash pots. I personally just use RATs because I can spam it and because it has so much fit into one skill with getting rid of snares, increasing crit damage, and major expedition. You could also use the other morph of RATs since it lasts longer. My buddy used to run refreshing path, or would he would use Jorvuld's guidance with some other form of major expedition. I just wish cripple or double take gave it again.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just wondering why the Health Offering and Healing Orb on that back bar? You could run retreating maneuvers I guess though it will be hard to spam it. You also could use essence of speed/invis or another pot for major expedition such as using roguish droughts as trash pots. I personally just use RATs because I can spam it and because it has so much fit into one skill with getting rid of snares, increasing crit damage, and major expedition. You could also use the other morph of RATs since it lasts longer. My buddy used to run refreshing path, or would he would use Jorvuld's guidance with some other form of major expedition. I just wish cripple or double take gave it again.

Oh, the reason why I use healthy offering and orbs is I usually split healing and damage. I've found it's almost a requirement solo queueing because new players don't heal themselves enough, you have to save them from themselves.

Refreshing is a waste imo because the healing's poor. I tried the other morph of rat and didn't like the cast time, it slows you down while casting it. I'll probably just stick with RAT but not change my build until after the patch, I don't want to switch to something and then have them change it.

Orbs actually aren't bad if people use the synergy. Them just floating around is just as much HPS as radiating regen, issue is new players don't hit synergies which would help my self healing a lot. Noobs will be noobs.

Here's a BG from this morning, I moreso heal and then switch to damage when the team is pushing. So heal to counter enemy pushes and then help push back:
    https://imgur.com/ieVyEsK
    Edited by Iskiab on February 10, 2020 7:27PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭

Oh, the reason why I use healthy offering and orbs is I usually split healing and damage. I've found it's almost a requirement solo queueing because new players don't heal themselves enough, you have to save them from themselves.

Refreshing is a waste imo because the healing's poor. I tried the other morph of rat and didn't like the cast time, it slows you down while casting it. I'll probably just stick with RAT but not change my build until after the patch, I don't want to switch to something and then have them change it.

Orbs actually aren't bad if people use the synergy. Them just floating around is just as much HPS as radiating regen, issue is new players don't hit synergies which would help my self healing a lot. Noobs will be noobs.

Here's a BG from this morning, I moreso heal and then switch to damage when the team is pushing. So heal to counter enemy pushes and then help push back:
    https://imgur.com/ieVyEsK

Yeah I kind of figured that's why you had them slotted but I wasn't sure. You are way more of a team player compared to me slotting team heals. I just use rapid regen for people if they need heals.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, only problem is a lot of players tunnel as soon as they get some healing. In beginner games it’s typical to have half your team trying to fight one group and someone else fighting the other at the same time. Most stamina do nothing but fight in an undisciplined way until they die, then charge right out again.

Looking at the stamblade build I posted, I think people having trouble with stamblade is a L2P issue. I think I’m going to switch my magblade to a stamblade. Cloak - snipe hitting a 16k tooltip in no CP is ridiculous. Rally being a 20k heal max is silly too, I think most Stamblades are stuck in 2018 and are wearing divines or some nonsense, they put a magblade to shame. Then switch to 2h/BRP DW against heavy DK and Warden groups. A 25k max executioner tooltip is pretty silly too.

Stam self healing is about to be out of control, I don’t see mag staying competitive.

Edit - so for those who only play CP pvp, here's a CP version for comparison, though I'm not familiar enough with stamblade to know if it would have all the tools you'd need. Likely 3x swift jewellery would be better.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=211215
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=211232
    Edited by Iskiab on February 11, 2020 12:12AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meteor focus aim cloak SA plus merciless execute is one my favorite kill combos RN.
    14k, 14k, 18k tool tips.

I love reapers mark. And use dot poison with detect to help with other nbs. Also don't sleep on power extraction. One of the few ways to make use of ulti gen.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meteor focus aim cloak SA plus merciless execute is one my favorite kill combos RN.
    14k, 14k, 18k tool tips.

I love reapers mark. And use dot poison with detect to help with other nbs. Also don't sleep on power extraction. One of the few ways to make use of ulti gen.

Yea, I looked at surprise attack but think dizzy would be better, especially with the snare.

I basicly just adapted my magblade darloc to stam so like concealed for the sneak speed. 3x swift plus concealed is 43% speed, maybe add a dodge roll sometimes, IDK. I’d have to play with it. I’m not sure which abilities take you out of crouch/stealth so it’s hard to theorycraft something good. Only needing 3 attacks to do damage (dizzy, executioner and onslaught) or back bar snipe creates just gives so much more room for passives and utility.

I was thinking rat instead of reaper’s mark too, I’m not sure. Luckily I’ve been leveling S&B and DW on my magblade, just need to do 2H and bow now. I went reaper’s just for the assassination passive, and I’m not sure which execute is better the NB or 2H one.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 11, 2020 1:43AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think nb execute is better as a part of a combo. But 2h and passives are superior imo

sanguinare vampiris

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, think I’m switching to stamblade. Looking at it in CP pvp the expected value of resolving vigor is almost 4k per second, which includes halving the healing from battle spirit.

I’m not sure how to account for tankiness in the editor, but think (from stealth) dizzy - dizzy - Incap - executioner spam will finish most people off. Using surprise attack costs a GCD for the stun, so you’re GCD locked for a second and people can break free and dodge roll. If you use: dizzy - dizzy the damage/stun is at the end of the GCD so I think it’ll be easier to get incap off. If not dizzy - med attack - incap should do the trick, a medium attack will stun without consuming a GCD.

I think I’ll just use relentless for the mitigation or a ranged finisher, I’m not sure. Combining speed, high healing, and minor protection plus the relentless mitigation should make me tanky.

I think next patch will be rough for mag.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 11, 2020 3:36AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah and there's bloodspawn, nord race to consider, not to mention 2 heavy reinforced for cp. Potato back bar if you dont have masters bow. (I don't 😞)

I don't recommend it any more but i used to espouse dw/snb builds bc of how powerful vigor + shade/cloak really is. I'm still on stamblade now and tho tough still so much fun and a lot of it is bc i can still play high flying acrobatic with a ton of risk like I would on my magblade but there's vigor to keep me 'in the fight' and secure kills, something rapid regen doesn't grant me unless I'm in heavy armor. MYM scored me a few very sweet clean 1vxs and uber long kill streaks and it revealed to me some of the strengths of the class, namely there's still some flexibility. Leeching strikes and mirage for example are two skills I slip into my rotation to add more sustain/tank and I am usually pleased with the results, tho not my normal load out. At one point i was only running 2800 wd and focused more on lining up big chain combos instead of stacking wd and hoping my opponent was unprepared for the huge onslaught merciless combo.

Dizzying swing from cloak or stealth is really fun and evil, or it used to be. One of my first gank builds ever was just about that 123 dead combo and in some ways crit and damage have never been higher so I bet it will be good. In bgs ehhh. Not sure...
    Edited by Metemsycosis on February 11, 2020 5:18AM

sanguinare vampiris

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you can make stamblade work for you, great. I do believe it's the harder-hitting spec. I will be sticking with magblade. I don't play vampires (ruling out Darloc) and I love my build. We'll miss you in this thread, cause you'll be banished, you know that, right? Hehehehehe.

Tooltips don't impress me much anymore. It's obviously one way to go, perhaps the meta way, but there are renowned stamblades who use proc sets, such as Poisonous Serpent, and Morkuldin looks like it may be a strong option next patch. On my part Caluurion has it's limits, notably it's inability to crit, but something that opened my eyes lately is taking my pure, unchanged PvP build into vMA. It worked! (With one AOE skill added in later rounds.) Finding the right balance between tankiness, sustain and damage for vMA used to be such a problem for me. I was expecting not enough sustained damage from my PvP build. Instead it worked well, despite a puny 6.5K Swallow Soul tooltip, which stunned me a little. It means I may have underestimated the strength of the Caluurion proc or having a 52% crit rating. Perhaps it also highlighted how well my build plays or at least how important a well-oiled rotation is. Aside from skill layout I find speed as valuable in vMA as in PvP, even though it eats into your stats.

I've always made compromises that others don't seem to make. For example I was never able to fit Major Sorcery into my build, even before using procs. I've always found it more valuable to use an Immovability potion instead. In other words, give me something that plays well, that allows me to stay reactive and on target, and I'm likely to take that every time in place of raw damage or, when it comes to skill layout, in place of a GCD-consuming buff skill.
    Edited by fred4 on February 11, 2020 7:44AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was thinking of a different proc build with Caluurions + Doylemish next patch.

Basic idea is heavy attack + Flame Clench from Cloak. Flame clench stuns the enemy + procs Caluurions and the heavy attack hits and procs Doylemish. Caluurions should hit right after.

I haven't tested it yet but I think the heavy attack would arrive after the stun if properly done.

For a Monster set I think it could be double recovery (Shadowrend + Chokethorn) to help with sustain issues. Jewelry and Mundus will also need to focus on sustain.

If you can play with low sustain you could even add the new Monster set (Kjalnars). It would take some real mastery to line all that up though.

So the numbers would look like:
    Caluurions - 12,900
    Doylemish - 12,500
    Kjalnars - 14,500

Doylemish works better (atleast by my own experience) with Stam brawler with lockdown pressure.. (i know, at no-cp can combine stam/mag proc sets, but still, functions better in more situations).

Caluurion+Nerieneth+... wait for it.. Mad Tinkerer (true wildcard!) Plan: Proc them all from the typical Cloak gank & Crushing Shock (high chance to proc everything at once, use Shock glyph, for reasons) and so:

Caluurion proc hits, enemy gets knocked up and eats Tinkerer Proc 12k damage proc + Knock Up & 2 second Stun, and under them Nerieneth Lich Crystal explodes just when they land for that aoe BOOM and they cannot do nothing than eat it. :trollface: Proceed to Impale them to death. Profit AP.

Yes, i might have tested this to actually work, i admit nothing though officially - or would be accused of being a Cheese Lord. :joy:

Cloak makes that all works surprisingly well. It causes panic reactions on some really tanky targets too. And yes, Crushing Shock/Force Pulse with LA weave makes all of that proc VERY much reliably. Cloak makes Tinkerer work since normally if used from range it can be easy to avoid. But from gank at close range.. they eat it all. ;)

#Cheesebladethings

Tiny edit for small extra detail: I used Sharpened weapon + Lover Mundus. High sustain Drink. 1x Infused Magicka regen jewelry Glyph, 2x Arcane with Spell Damage glyphs. Could use Infused or more Regen, but that was enough for me to perma cloak around with chugging Pots, and the build lacks some max magicka so for me personally the 2x Arcane was optimal after some testing.

Disclaimer: Used build at No-CP Cyrodiil and No-CP IC and works. Battlegrounds i did also, but.. i had a pocket heal-tank there so it does not count. Build is squishy so if true solo - you do not brute force Land Grab game flags and so on against tanky brawlers with aoe. But can finish kills a LOT and cause chaos, if you got a team with you that do not mind you cloaking around and doing your thing, since they then have to take more pressure since you are not visible to share the pain.

Obvious things for all NB bg players, but just had to say it for some new people who would copy paste that and go bgs and think they can solo yolo there like a boss. Experienced Magblades can pull this thing even at bgs, with a decent team. Or if just looking for kills and fun instead of 100% winrate.

Edited by Moonsorrow on February 11, 2020 11:58AM
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So since patch is about to drop I thought I’d share my most successful build this patch for small scale / BGs. Offensive : spinners, Trans, grothdarr. defensive : Spinners, Trans, troll king.

Time up burst, slot execute and stay grouped up and you can group support, have decent damage, decent healing. I tried the normal magblade and with minimal AoE just throwing dots I can throw out 1-1.5 mil damage and pretty decent healing. I just feel like brawling is meta right now so that’s what I’ve adapted to doing and I feel I contribute much more than playing how I normally prefer.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    My current build that I'm running for solo open world is Swift, Spinners and BS with backbar potato. So far that was working the best with lag and against heavy wd builds. Spinners, BTB, and BS worked well for me in BGs though. I came back to the game like a month ago and my old build was the shackle/Kags and Spinners with a grothdar and domihaus, and I found for some reason don't need all the stam. I needed either more mitigation or damage.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My current build that I'm running for solo open world is Swift, Spinners and BS with backbar potato. So far that was working the best with lag and against heavy wd builds. Spinners, BTB, and BS worked well for me in BGs though. I came back to the game like a month ago and my old build was the shackle/Kags and Spinners with a grothdar and domihaus, and I found for some reason don't need all the stam. I needed either more mitigation or damage.

Yea, I stripped out a lot of stamina out of my builds too. I found altmer’s enough with 10k stamina.

Next patch what I think will play out differently then this patch is the Kena change. Higher weapon/spell damage plus dizzy snare.

The higher weapon damage will help people hit harder, but that’s not really the downside as a magblade. It’s the higher healing from vigor and rally.

The expected value of vigor on the 2H/bow build I linked is 4k per tick, and that’s halved from battlespirit.

That means against your typical magblade build if you keep vigor up you can face tank a magblade, and that’s on a relatively glassy build. If you get hit with caluurion (which doesn’t hit hard in CP) there’s also rally for a 5k base tooltip, and at max timer a 20k tooltip heal.

I don’t know if stacking pen will be as effective anymore, or magblade in general, because stam self healing will be really high.

That’s why I’m thinking of going stamblade but playing it like a magblade. 3x swift traits, darloc, maybe Zaan, maybe steed mundus, with concealed on my back bar. So just be a fast stamblade so I can self heal and hit harder. Like a magblade plus, because I’ll have dodge rolls.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 11, 2020 9:46PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't get away from magblade? Then be a magblade! I went through that with my woodelf. I tried using Concealed passively on stamblade. It never really worked out. I guess, if you're really used to Darloc now and you're a vamp, things may be different for you, but the upshot for me was that stamblade plays differently and that I'd better learn to play as one, were I to continue with it. Stamblade felt fast outside of cloak, especially as a woodelf with a bow. Magblade is the opposite.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tried something new recently. Decided not to go "all in" as a healer and found that I am having more fun doing both healing and damage.

IMG-6e54b19d-0418-43ce-884c-3796b1625930.png

Still getting used to the setup:

5 New Moon Acolyte (Front bar infused inferno)
    5 Bright Throat Roast
    1 Willpower (Back bar defending resto)
    2 Troll King

It's a lot more dangerous than what I'm used to (healing now in light armor), and I definitely need to practice more discipline with spamming Offering.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tried something new recently. Decided not to go "all in" as a healer and found that I am having more fun doing both healing and damage.

5 Bright Throat Roast
    2 Troll King

It's a lot more dangerous than what I'm used to (healing now in light armor), and I definitely need to practice more discipline with spamming Offering.

Instead of a back bar defending willpower I’d try a powered potatoes resto bar with a weapon damage glyph on it (glyph optional).

You’ll get more bang for your buck, you’ll have larger healing and better defense. Plus the healthy offering self dot will tick for less because of a lower stat pool since the dot doesn’t increase with healing done modifiers. Plus resto heavies are the shiznit because of major mending and more resources restored, you can really strip out sustain if you get used to using them.

Impale’s also really good for healers, it’s hard to fit on your bar as a dps but kill stealing as a healer plus against kiters it’s really good.

I also went back to the fear traps. They’re really good to break up enemy pushes.

I found splitting healing and damage more effective too. Basicly in a clash heal, then as the tide turns in your groups favour switch to doing damage to help clean up. It’s definitely more fun too.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 12, 2020 5:47AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

5 Bright Throat Roast
    2 Troll King

Instead of a back bar defending willpower I’d try a powered potatoes resto bar with a weapon damage glyph on it (glyph optional).

You’ll get more bang for your buck, you’ll have larger healing and better defense. Plus the healthy offering self dot will tick for less because of a lower stat pool since the dot doesn’t increase with healing done modifiers. Plus resto heavies are the shiznit because of major mending.

Impale’s also really good for healers, it’s hard to fit on your bar as a dps but kill stealing as a healer plus against kiters it’s really good.

I also went back to the fear traps. They’re really good to break up enemy pushes.

I found splitting healing and damage more effective too. Basicly in a class heal, then as the tide turns in your groups favour switch to doing damage to help clean up. It’s definitely more fun too.

Ah I forgot about Potentates. Yeah that's gonna get changed lol! I go for the weapon/spell damage glyph already.

I can't do Impale with my setup - everything is too valuable.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

5 Bright Throat Roast
    2 Troll King

You’ll get more bang for your buck, you’ll have larger healing and better defense. Plus the healthy offering self dot will tick for less because of a lower stat pool since the dot doesn’t increase with healing done modifiers. Plus resto heavies are the shiznit because of major mending.

I found splitting healing and damage more effective too. Basicly in a class heal, then as the tide turns in your groups favour switch to doing damage to help clean up. It’s definitely more fun too.

Ah I forgot about Potentates. Yeah that's gonna get changed lol! I go for the weapon/spell damage glyph already.

I can't do Impale with my setup - everything is too valuable.

Ah okay, I’ve been playing with the healing orbs too with mixed results. The base healing is the same as radiating regen, and if people would L2Synergy the burst heal would help your self healing. I’m hoping it’ll be better and more people will synergize it once I’m out of low MMR on my new magblade.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 12, 2020 5:40AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes brothers and sisters - i agree that Magblade on bgs is most fun (and efficient for the team) to be played as a suppor(healsy)/deeps hybrid.. because with the same stats you can get finishes and heal pretty damn good. Finding the own comfort zone and skill layout that works at most situations is the hardest part - but most rewarding when it all clicks.

Being in Light armor and sort of squishy, but crazy amount of critical heals (can semi-cheese also big bg scores with lots of Crit heals heh). High risk and reward.

I`m running Impale

(even when on support role, even when i promise i am someones pocket Healblade - i quietly slot in Impale and "steal" kills, do not look at me like that.. i finish them for the team, i swear i am not selfish. :joy: )

But i know the issue of finding room for it, so at many setups it is on my Resto bar (true story), getting a lot of finishes from those who try to run away to recover, Impale the retreating ones or Resto heavies them if they are rollypollies. Getting finishes and filling resources and getting Major Mending from the Resto heavies. But yes, Impale is <3

I absolutely hate the cast-time on Soul Siphon (it was one of my favourite NB support skills), now it gets interrupted often, is clunky & works bad (not at all) at high ping spikes (aka lag) and makes healing feal not fluid and smooth as before with it. ZOS please remove the cast-times already.. You are making players sad.

So currently am running Bolstering Darkness - Major Protection to the whole team. If i am on a team that is smart and stacked, i place it in front of us on a some corridor when near "contact" to enemies so everyone runs over it and gets the Major Protection buff just before the hottest action (most teams come in with heavy ultidumps that are charged up before the match while in queue) so NB giving Major Protection to the team is a good supporter. (Who says it always has to be a warden with Permafrost?? Okay yeah, Permafrost has damage and Snares too *sniff*)

So currently my bgs (healsy)Support setup has Bolstering Darkness and destro bar ultimate is Ice Comet (for reasons). Not gonna go full build details on this one, but Jorvuld`s is a big part of the setup, so some experienced ones can guesstimate what kind of things it includes. ;)

Stay STRONG magblade sisters & brothers -while we are not the "meta", with skill & cunning we can be the deciding factor on battle outcomes.

*Still, always after playing Magblade healer and then if hops into playing my Templar or Warden healer - they feel like easy, immortal and "godmode" simple to play compared to Magblade. Still, you can try leave your inner Magblade, but the Magblade will never leave from you. So you go back fast. Shadows are your home. And who cares about meta? Meta does not kill people - Nightblade kills people! Or.. ehh.. heals people too for crit heal medals scores. *coughs* :joy:

Okay, time to end this madness this time lol. Hope you all Magblades have a good day! :smile:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    O.O I just figured something out that’s pretty broken. Mist form doesn’t break stealth.

So with darloc in stealth in my build I get 650 magicka back a second. 650x4 means 2600 of the cost is refunded by darloc if I run mist the full duration.

I just tried it in a BG and surprisingly it didn’t help that much. Still squishy so a well timed leap will nuke me down before I can mist. I healed a lot of the BG too so didn’t get a chance to mist much too.

Still definitely cheesy, and the whine always comes with the cheese.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 12, 2020 11:40PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.O I just figured something out that’s pretty broken. Mist form doesn’t break stealth.

So with darloc in stealth in my build I get 650 magicka back a second. 650x4 means 2600 of the cost is refunded by darloc if I run mist the full duration.

I just tried it in a BG and surprisingly it didn’t help that much. Still squishy so a well timed leap will nuke me down before I can mist. I healed a lot of the BG too so didn’t get a chance to mist much too.

wait do you mean stealth or crouch? I've seen KristoferESO ages ago with his ghost build crouching into mist for added speed, is that still a thing? If mist + darloc works, that would actually be a pretty interesting option...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

wait do you mean stealth or crouch? I've seen KristoferESO ages ago with his ghost build crouching into mist for added speed, is that still a thing? If mist + darloc works, that would actually be a pretty interesting option...

Stealth I believe. I was misting while stealthed and remained stealthed.

I’m not sure what takes you out of crouch, damage attacks do but heals do not I think. I think it’s damage attacks or maybe damage taken that takes you out of crouch, it’s hard to isolate. Sometimes it feels like one attack will leave you in crouch, but multiple will take you out.

Darloc works from being crouched and not stealthed, it’s a bit wonky to get used to. I try to play the whole BG crouched but sometimes it drops on its own, it takes a lot of micromanagement.

I’ve been trying to figure out exactly what takes you out of what. I think it goes:

You remain in stealth:
    RAT, Hardened Ward, Mist, so mainly buffs

You remain in crouch but leave stealth:
    Heals

You leave crouch:
    Damage attacks

Edit - btw, here's a BG from this morning. There's a learning curve on using Darloc and I think I'm getting better at it:
    https://imgur.com/KWmVhzv

Good team and good opponents. All I need to add is a NB counter, I'm not sure maybe sap?
    Edited by Iskiab on February 13, 2020 6:43PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    Is it comparable in terms of dmg an pressure torugs pact + infused staff/shock to caluurion?

I'm looking at using torugs in my front bar since farming caluurion fire staff will take a while.
    Edited by fbours on February 18, 2020 12:15AM
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fbours wrote: »
    Is it comparable in terms of dmg an pressure torugs pact + infused staff/shock to caluurion?

I'm looking at using torugs in my front bar since farming caluurion fire staff will take a while.

i made a few tests when calu went live

see for yourself back then

https://youtu.be/0aDnIyisAbs

the description of the video is unaccurate, calu actually performs better than any other burst set
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I should make a video. I had a couple good games today, it’s always interesting seeing other people play.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should make a video. I had a couple good games today, it’s always interesting seeing other people play.

yeah, you detect your mistakes better when being recorded. My video is 1 year old and now I see terrible mistakes everywhere, anyway I just wanted to test calu because I knew it was going to be OP, as proved later on by gankers that run either calu or auroran or some other variant of proc set

edit:typo
    Edited by SpiderCultist on February 18, 2020 2:29AM
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still playing my Magblade but I was curious to see how Offering worked on a Stamblade.

Turns out...terrible building for a Stamina build, BUT Pelinals does make it actually heal worth something.

5 Pelinals
    5 Acrobat
    1 Bloodspawn
    1 Velidreth
    Front bar Acrobat bow
    Back bar Potentates resto

-9500 tooltip on Offering (I think it's like 11000-12000 on my Magblade)
    -3k weapon and spell damage
    -Rapid regen + vigor is pretty neat