The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

If I hear the potion sound, i should drink the potion.

bigelle.x3_ESO
bigelle.x3_ESO
✭✭✭
make it happen
Edited by bigelle.x3_ESO on August 2, 2019 4:54PM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You use magic to inject the potion into your veins like an insulin pump when you need it
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1

It's rather annoying that I have to triplecheck if my char chucked that thing or not.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So should the potion animation be on the global cooldown to make sure you dont cancel the animation? Since the current animation of the circles around your feet seem to be unnoticeable to some.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    So should the potion animation be on the global cooldown to make sure you dont cancel the animation? Since the current animation of the circles around your feet seem to be unnoticeable to some.

No, what he means that if your character does not actually consume the potion, there should be no sound.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we need an add-on named Pavlov?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Client side prediction at its worst ...
    dry.gif

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally believe you should collapse to the ground when it runs out unable to move and slowly watch your health drain to zero.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More spoon feeding being demanded lol
  • ArenGesus
    ArenGesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

I think you don't understand what's being asked for here.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I wish this was a thing...
    *Hears the potion sound thinking I drank the detect potion... nightblade goes invisible, cant see him. Check the potion didnt drink it...*
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • emelee_ESO
    emelee_ESO
    ✭✭
    Also agree with this suggestion! There have been so many times where I hear the noise, so I think I drank the potion, but then take a look, and nope, didn't happen.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    emelee_ESO wrote: »
    Also agree with this suggestion! There have been so many times where I hear the noise, so I think I drank the potion, but then take a look, and nope, didn't happen.

And not only did it not happen, but then you are being told "You are busy." Until "busy" turns into "You can't do that while dead."

Having to babysit the potion icon until such time as the server gets the message feels like it defeats the purpose of a "quick"slot...

Edit: because definite articles are a thing.
    Edited by virtus753 on August 2, 2019 10:58PM
  • EatYourVegetables
    Just mash the button 3x in succession. 85% chance you'll get the potion. That's what I do, same for ultimates.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This can be rather irritating when it happens 3 feet from cleansing pool in VMA round 7....
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I suffer from bad lag so PVP forget about using it reactively....

In PVE I find there is a special timing inbetween skills that I hit it and it takes straight away but if I miss that window it requires spamming.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stated before above make it part of your rotation to hit it three times in succession to ensure the fact that it's took I mean that's all we ever do is come up with walk arounds for everything that doesn't work
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on August 3, 2019 6:25PM
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArenGesus wrote: »
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

I think you don't understand what's being asked for here.

Maybe they mean literal spoon-feeding! I, for one, wouldn't be opposed to that, all things considered. Might be more reliable than trying to chug a potion on my own these days.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It usually happens to me if I'm moving. Rather than stop to drink a potion I find if I jump and drink the potion while in the air it will work. Now if I could just find a trick to get my ult to go off.

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question here I'm on a console does PC have an add-on that automatically uses the potion for the player
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not that I'm aware of. Regular addons can't be used to press in-combat buttons, I think (i.e. skills, quickslot items, attacks, etc.)
    There are addons that will switch to a pre-defined potion when certain conditions are met (fall under 30% health -> equip health potion in quickslot), but you have to press the button yourself. (And the helpfulness of an addon like this can be debated anyway once you know what you're doing.)
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it just me, or is this a fairly new issue? Since Elsweyr dropped, I've had to spam my quickslot key a lot more than normal, because the potion just won't actually be used.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is this a fairly new issue? Since Elsweyr dropped, I've had to spam my quickslot key a lot more than normal, because the potion just won't actually be used.

This is an old issuse.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Not that I'm aware of. Regular addons can't be used to press in-combat buttons, I think (i.e. skills, quickslot items, attacks, etc.)
    There are addons that will switch to a pre-defined potion when certain conditions are met (fall under 30% health -> equip health potion in quickslot), but you have to press the button yourself. (And the helpfulness of an addon like this can be debated anyway once you know what you're doing.)

Thank you for your feedback and yes I agree with the fact that an automatic take would become expensive especially for more experienced player who may go through I don't know 20 pots a day compared to the auto using up 200 a day
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

This is a very very very old problem within the game like I said I've made it part of my rotation based on I know how much stamina moves takes up and spam my pots 3xs every 4th rotation
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just mash the button 3x in succession. 85% chance you'll get the potion. That's what I do, same for ultimates.

ZOS will call it a feature and say it raises the game's skill ceiling.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 5, 2019 7:08AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS will call it a feature and say it raises the game's skill ceiling.

No it's not unfortunately it's one of the Walk around that Im willing to actually do due to the fact I can't seem not to want to use my potion
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This mostly occurs during channeled skills
    IMO the potions (like dodge or block) should work when channeling....that would help alot in pve
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Trader08
    Trader08
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    No, what he means that if your character does not actually consume the potion, there should be no sound.

I managed to make an addon to fix that:
    "Potion Taken Sound Fix"
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2463-PotionTakenSoundFix.html

• Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chugging a pot after a cast time ability always fails to drink despite hearing the sound. I have to mash the potion button several times. Even if the cast has completed there is another 1.5 second delay where drinking a potion will not work. It's like cast times trigger a gcd where potions cannot be used afterwards.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trader08 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »

I managed to make an addon to fix that:
    "Potion Taken Sound Fix"
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2463-PotionTakenSoundFix.html

Thanks dude, I'll give it a try. But sadly it only treats the symptome, not the cause.