Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summerset end spoilers - This is the most bittersweet bug I've ever encountered

Itacira
Itacira
✭✭✭✭✭
And I never want it to end

4IAgcOT.png

vWGh6C5.png

(though tbh losing Leythen AND Darien one after another cheapened the loss of both as a whole imho)

JkVrXDp.png

THEY ARE RIGHT BEHIND YOU

Edited by Itacira on August 1, 2019 9:38PM
PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome!

If that had happened in my game, I think I would have been very tempted to park my brand new nightblade there forever, never to leave.

Poor Darien and Leythan!

(I didnt mind them both dying, but I thought the need for a divine artifact was poorly done. We find out we need one right before the mission, then apparently stumble through the tower just hoping we'll find what we need. It really could have used more foreshadowing, and I'd have felt a lot more prepared if the game actually let me get an artifact while I was off making deals with daedra.

That being said, I do love that Sotha Sil pointedly does not offer to produce a divine artifact even though at that point we have no reason to think his powers aren't divine. He doesnt because Mephala is standing right there, and I have to imagine he knew she'd have ripped him a new one if he presumed to claim divinity in front of her. :smiley: )
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 1, 2019 9:48PM
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano I DID just spend half an hour screencaping the hell of it but in the end the need for closure proved to be too strong and I crossed the portal back to Artaeum so I could finish the quest.

Also, Leythan looked really angry to be un-deaded.

1robufV.jpg

As for the artifact, I had a feeling that Dawnbreaker was going to be involved, but Darien's sacrifice for it felt contrived. I was hoping for something a bit ominous like using Dawnbreaker - and thus Meridia's essence - to purify the heart would give Meridia a direct connection to it, leaving the hanging threat that she might possibly one day use it for her own purposes.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just got that note in the Orsinium library from Darien, so this is an extra hit right to the feels :'(
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    I was hoping for something a bit ominous like using Dawnbreaker - and thus Meridia's essence - to purify the heart would give Meridia a direct connection to it, leaving the hanging threat that she might possibly one day use it for her own purposes.

I'm hoping that becomes a plot point someday when the writers decide to make good on the teaser they left us in Darien's book. If Nocturnal would have become connected to infinite realities by repairing the crystal, then it would sure make sense that using Meridia's divine energy to do it would give Meridia the same benefit. (And perhaps her vessel would be similarly connected to it...)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA