The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

necro tank

IWinWithPewPew
IWinWithPewPew
✭✭✭
so, is anyone playing necro tank? , how well does it do compared to the other tanks? :D
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to DK, it's crap.
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    well guess i'll keep DK then
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty good if you don't think the only viable tanking class is Dragonknight.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer my dk but necros are fun and decent tankys. Play both enjoy yourself.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necro tank is ok, but behind DK and Warden based on my experience because:

1. Necro's "pull" ability is hot garbage. Not only can you not control the pull, but you can also pull enemies OUT of the aoe. Hard pass.

2. The root ability has a 2 second delay. Not the end of the world, but not nearly as easy to manage as the instant cast on DK talons and Warden gripping shards.

3. The goliath ultimate (or whatever the tank ult is called) is a bad version of Molten Armor since it doesn't improve mitigation or help the team in any way.

4. Pro: Ultimate generation is really good on the necro, making it a strong offtank choice.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    necro tank is great at 4 man content and off-tanking in 12 man content. It definitely has downsides compared to DK, but honestly play for fun not for meta at this point.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msalvia wrote: »
    Necro tank is ok, but behind DK and Warden based on my experience because:

1. Necro's "pull" ability is hot garbage. Not only can you not control the pull, but you can also pull enemies OUT of the aoe. Hard pass.

2. The root ability has a 2 second delay. Not the end of the world, but not nearly as easy to manage as the instant cast on DK talons and Warden gripping shards.

3. The goliath ultimate (or whatever the tank ult is called) is a bad version of Molten Armor since it doesn't improve mitigation or help the team in any way.

4. Pro: Ultimate generation is really good on the necro, making it a strong offtank choice.

I prefer to use the res ultimate for my necro tank. Super useful when you're the last one standing in a vet dungeon and you don't have time to res your teammates normally. It's the first thing that came to mind when I heard necro tank and thought of powerful necro specific abilities. Not terrible to use as a PVP tank either.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If im not mistaken, a no death run can be achieved if a person dies but you dont wipe. Necros can help with that alot.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    If im not mistaken, a no death run can be achieved if a person dies but you dont wipe. Necros can help with that alot.

No. I wish it was like that.. One death even without wipes will cancel no-death run.