The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Cast time on Soul Siphon

Rianai
Rianai
✭✭✭✭✭
Unlike other ultimates that got a cast time added, Soul Siphon is a purely defensive skill. As such it is used when under high pressure and in those situations it is absolutely crucial to be able to dodge, weapon swap and block cast unhindered and without having to worry about a skill not going off. Putting a cast time on a skill like this basically undermines it purpose of being an oh **** button, which is pretty much the only use this skill has (the duration is too short for preemptive use/to open up an offensive window).

Cast times on offensive ultimates are bad enough already, on defensive ones it is even more detrimental.
Edited by Rianai on July 29, 2019 11:00PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. I've died many times mid-animation with this skill due to lag on live.

With a cast time added to it on PTS, it's going to feel useless in near-death situations (where you really need it).
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I missed this. I almost feel like these changes are from disgruntled animation artists who go, ‘I worked hard on this animation so dammit you’re going to watch it! Stop animation cancelling it!’.

I’m also leery about an actual cast time because if crushing shock becomes a good spammable I’ll get stunned.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 30, 2019 12:42AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there goes the hope that ZOS might have learned from Murkmire PTS that defensive skills and cast times don't mix well at all (Actually, cast times and the ESO combat system don't mix very well in most cases, but w/e).
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Oh I missed this. I almost feel like these changes are from disgruntled animation artists who go, ‘I worked hard on this animation so dammit you’re going to watch it! Stop animation cancelling it!’.

I’m also leery about an actual cast time because if crushing shock becomes a good spammable I’ll get stunned.

Or maybe the skills that changed currently are the only ones without a cast time or delay on live. Hmmm...