Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove healer requirement from activity finder

Tannus15
Tannus15
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Since healers are not required anymore with the buff to self heals, can we remove the requirement for healers in the activity finder so that people don't get the incorrect impression that "healing" is an actual role in the game?

Not joking, not sarcastic, legit request.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remove the healer role every time I queue. It’s easy, just click the role healer in your group menu before entering the queue ;)
  • IneedaDollar
    IneedaDollar
    ✭✭✭
    I see you are a man of culture aswell
  • skipsarg
    skipsarg
    ✭✭✭
    As the only role I play is Healer and Zos appears to have executed my role completely your statement makes sense . Sadly for me I've been playing every day, since the start but it looks like my playing days in ESO are coming to an end
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sarcastic either, but they should really remove all role requirements since they serve no purpose and have been circumvented forever.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, the "cant spam springs or orbs, I have no purpose or role" meme
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter how good you are, there are still a lot of people out there who need all the help they can get.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've been unnecessary since the beginning. Healers are for trials are weak players.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

@SodanTok I too once made gigantic brain jokes about spamming orbs and healing springs not being a healers identity, but there is a deeper level of reality here.

springs and orbs was the only thing keeping healers in the meta, and now that they got nerfed with 0 compensation in any other areas, not only do magicka healers NOT cut it, and cannot heal most veteran trial content, but stamina offhealer DPS are BETTER at it.

I'd be fine with less springs/orbs if it meant we got class heals to work, or healers had some other purpose, but now they don't. they don't have anything to justify their existence, when a tank can throw 1 orb out for the group and a stamina DPS can offheal better than them, they have no reason to exist in most group content.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »

@SodanTok I too once made gigantic brain jokes about spamming orbs and healing springs not being a healers identity, but there is a deeper level of reality here.

springs and orbs was the only thing keeping healers in the meta, and now that they got nerfed with 0 compensation in any other areas, not only do magicka healers NOT cut it, and cannot heal most veteran trial content, but stamina offhealer DPS are BETTER at it.

I'd be fine with less springs/orbs if it meant we got class heals to work, or healers had some other purpose, but now they don't. they don't have anything to justify their existence, when a tank can throw 1 orb out for the group and a stamina DPS can offheal better than them, they have no reason to exist in most group content.

For vTrial I'm almost sure I'll put enough heal to do them, gonna sacrifice meta set for sure, but I can do it.
    Still workin' on !
    For DG old meta set still gonna be strong so no real change here.
    Vigor is probably gonna be toned down soon so we not gonna be useless in trial for sure.
    For DG we're useless since lot of time, nothing change here.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Slowbromance
    Slowbromance
    ✭✭✭
    ghuv8jm84r4g.gif
    Me unsubbing and looking for new games to play until next expansion.
    Edited by Slowbromance on July 30, 2019 1:01AM
    -Shadow hide you
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The elder scrolls 6 cant come fast enough
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still going to queue as heals 24/7
    anyone who tries to kick will be reported
    Edited by dcam86b14_ESO on July 30, 2019 1:13AM
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still going to queue as heals 24/7
    anyone who tries to kick will be reported

I’ll give you a head start.

You can begin reporting me now. I always vote to kick fake healers and fake tanks.

😁
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait there are healers queueing for the healer role? mind=blow
    (havent seen a healer in ages in dungeons lol, agree that they coould just remove the role requirement)
    Edited by YamiKuruku on July 30, 2019 10:32AM
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be changed to stamina DD, yeah. Maybe let magplar go in there.

Most Dds already queue as healers nowadays...
  • SassiestAssassin
    SassiestAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    I’m a healer, and yeah, if you’re really good at DPS having a healer isn’t beneficial (especially in vDLC HM, where it’s all ‘burn before boss oneshots.’)

But if you’re a low DPS group, healers are good for saving your bacon and givin’ Sick Buffs.

So I totally get where you’re coming from, but it’s not applicable to the majority of the player base.

Unless the new requirement is ‘X-Treme DPS: DPS Who Could Solo This Basically.’

But then you’d have Fake Good DPS.
    *slams a gallon of Respecting Support Roles juice on the table* Take a sip, babes.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, most DPS you find on the queue are too stupid to stay alive even with a healer present.
    Can't outheal recklessness.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »

SodanTok I too once made gigantic brain jokes about spamming orbs and healing springs not being a healers identity, but there is a deeper level of reality here.

I wasnt making argument that healers are in good place or anything, but this 'healers arent needed anymore because they cant spam springs and orbs' is quite literally just a meme. There is quite big portion of game below the skill level of people that can go 10 stamDD rotating vigor in veteran trials and survive. There is even bigger part of playerbase in 4man content than has trouble surviving even with healer. I have no doubt adding 3rd 100k DPS dd makes things easier than having healer because of all the mechanic skips and whats not but adding 3rd 20k dps DD doesnt have the same effect.

And since this topic is liteally about activity finder, in other words feature that pairs people of various skill level or origin and doesnt even work on trials, its just pointless thread using the 'healers useless' meme
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    They've been unnecessary since the beginning. Healers are for trials are weak players.

Well, good luck finishing vCoA when it was released without a healer. It's easy now but wasn't at all at the beginning.
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YamiKuruku wrote: »
    wait there are healers queueing for the healer role? mind=blow
    (havent seen a healer in ages in dungeons lol, agree that they coould just remove the role requirement)

I'm healer main, but I do dps build for non dlc, slot 1 heal, ele drain and everything else is dps. I do 30-40k with that build, more than majority of dps I meet
  • Vortigaunt
    Vortigaunt
    ✭✭✭

More like the “I do two times more dps than the actual two dedicated dps in my group combined” meme.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vortigaunt wrote: »

More like the “I do two times more dps than the actual two dedicated dps in my group combined” meme.

So you also get fantastic groups that you do more damage as a healer with just PotL, Blockade, Ritual and Jbeam than actual DPS as well?
  • Vortigaunt
    Vortigaunt
    ✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

So you also get fantastic groups that you do more damage as a healer with just PotL, Blockade, Ritual and Jbeam than actual DPS as well?

He was talking about fake dps qing as healers to shorten queue times and so was I
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

He was talking about fake dps qing as healers to shorten queue times and so was I

I also want to have a talk about fake dps queuing as dps, thèse sorcerer spamming cristal shard for example

If i have more than 15% of the dps a healer in a dunjeon, it s just PXE and relog on an other char
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s funny but because it’s sadly true... a dps would serve you better in most situations now.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Well, good luck finishing vCoA when it was released without a healer. It's easy now but wasn't at all at the beginning.

I did. I don't recall it being bad. Were you a vampire?
  • Lilly_Elessa
    Lilly_Elessa
    ✭✭✭
    Well. Yup. With these changes in may as well remove our role, our purpose is certainly gone. Save the people that don't know the hardship of finding out the hard way (by queuing for it), fully cut healers instead of stopping short.
    Not sarcastic, just bitter.