The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Best glyph and trait for Maelstrom lightning staff when only using 1-bar

malistorr
malistorr
✭✭✭✭
Hi all. I'm a high elf mag sorc (non-pet) using only 1 bar and soon the Maelstrom lightning staff. I was thinking the best for dps would be the glyph of shock infused. Please let me know if you agree or disagree and why. I don't be bar swapping and will be using wall of elements with this staff to get the max staff heavy attacks possible. I'm also using Undaunted Infiltrator and Infallible Mage so I can primarily heavy attack. Thanks in advance.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'm not sure why you're only using 1 bar...but I'd probably use the increase spell damage one. I haven't done the math on that, but I suspect that'll be the best choice.

That said, I strongly suggest using a second bar if you are able...your dps is gonna suffer for only having 1/2 of the skills to work with. Even if you only use that second bar to cast buffs.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Infused shock is the right choice. Higher vulnerability uptime, procs off-balance more reliably, best single target dps, etc etc.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am only using 1-bar because having to memorize complex rotations of skills, and needing to be able to bar swap, while doing all of this at a very fast and precise pace, just plain and simple doesn't sound like fun to me. I play the game after a long day at work and just want to relax. I'm already very high CP and honestly, most of the content in the game is barely a challenge at this point. I do have ways I can improve even more by finishing with transmuting my gear to the maximized traits and tweaking my CP a little more. But sitting around for days just practicing a rotation to get another 10% dps just isn't something I want to do. I already run 4-player dungeons and in almost every single one I have the best dps, or maybe it just seems like it because I'm beating everyone to the mobs and my AOE kills almost everything before any other player has even reached that point in the dungeon. It's so effective (see the easy mag sorc video by xynode) that I see no reason to change how I like to play for a little more dps. My single-target damage is high enough because I heavy attack, and every single thing about my character is designed for max damage on heavy attack. I know all the meta chasers will tell me I'm doing something wrong and that's ok. I like the mag sorc class and I like how I play and have fun. I'm very successful at the game as well so there's really no reason for me to change.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answer ccmedaddy. That's what I thought. Unless someone's seen Xynode's video and had a good explanation about how maelstrom works with wall of elements and all the other details of how a lightning focused mag sorc can do crazy damage, they won't really understand. You really have to know the mag sorc class and be familiar with all the skills and how they work with the gear, proccing, concussed, off-balance, etc. This is somewhat of a unique class I guess and works much differently than flame damage and/or stamina toons.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer ccmedaddy. That's what I thought. Unless someone's seen Xynode's video and had a good explanation about how maelstrom works with wall of elements and all the other details of how a lightning focused mag sorc can do crazy damage, they won't really understand. You really have to know the mag sorc class and be familiar with all the skills and how they work with the gear, proccing, concussed, off-balance, etc. This is somewhat of a unique class I guess and works much differently than flame damage and/or stamina toons.

Not true at all, a lot of people understand how the game works which is why they don't run his build. Not that I'm against it or him personally, but there are better lazy builds possible than his with less effort to collect the gear.

But if you wanted a 1 bar build I would swap Undaunted Infiltrator for just about any other semi-decent DPS set. Firstly it drops in medium which means you have to run 2 medium body pieces since you don't have the weapon, that drops your max stats compared to a 5/1/1 set up. Second the 3rd set piece is useless for you. Lastly it only buffs your heavy attacks, where as if you run another damage set it'll buff all your attacks.

I'd recommend Julianos since you can craft a heavy and medium piece for maximum undaunted bonus and it's just a good all-around build to use. Or run Necropotence so your pets (I assume you run 2, you should on this 1-bar lazy build) are buffed along with your heavy attacks, it'll drop your health a little bit though.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is almost no reason to use vMA staff if you are using one bar, the whole point of vMA staff is to have it on back bar and get the bonus of it on front bar as well. If you use vMA staff on an only 1 bar build, you will need to lose a monster set
    Edit: this whole "tailor me a build with *** restrictions" thing is not something i am willing to participate in. Your build is "unique", so go experiment it on your own. Theory crafting is theory crafting, people cant help u much cause they dont play such builds.
    Edit 2: "just get this 10% more dps" <--- xyn is getting 40k with this build on a 6m dummy, u saying u r on 36k with 1 bar?
    Edited by zvavi on July 26, 2019 8:53AM
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I asked what enchant/glyph and trait to use on a staff, but since you want to change the subject:

Runefang: I said I don't use pets at all.

For how I play, which is basically just using 5 skills for buffs/protection and AOE DPS, and then ONLY heavy attacking, there is not another better set than Undaunted Infiltrator. I have been testing (as has Xynode supposedly spent thousands of hours testing). Nothing comes close. Because yes, my Boundless Storm, Lightning Flood. Elemental Rage, and Wall of Elements can do a little bit more AOE damage with another set, but heavy attacks will be so much weaker that total dps isn't even close. I've tried it in the build editor for example, entering in every single detail about my build, and lightning staff heavy attack damage goes down by 20% with the 2nd best set instead of UI. UI also gives over 2,000 max magicka, which is almost another 200 spell damage equivalent damage to everything. The wasted slot isn't ideal, but with such a powerful heavy attack I don't really care about it.

Runefang, you said there is a better lazy build available. Please let me know what 2 gear sets your recommend that would be better for how I play. I will go test it out and report back results. I've already tried so many. For how other people play there are lots of sets that would be better, but they are for other classes and other play styles where people utilize different skills. But again, I'm willing to try what you're saying will be better for me if you give me the specific gear to try. I've already tried Julianos and it's much weaker than UI for how I play. It's not even close.

I'm currently using a full set of light armor (IM). And my lightning staff and jewels are UI. I don't have the Maelstrom staff yet so I'm using a heavy piece of Grothdar usually. So I have all 3 armor types and get the undaunted passive maxed out. If I were to switch to Maelstrom staff it would replace my UI staff so I would have to ditch the monster set yes, for UI head and shoulders so I still have a complete set. So I'll lose 2% max health and magic because I'll only have 2 armor types instead of 3. But I'll be replacing that, and whatever I can get from the monster set, with 1,341 extra base heavy attack damage which I think gets buffed by several things in my build and becomes at least a few thousand more dps just like the heavy attack bonus from UI and IM gives me.

IM + 903
    UI + 1161
    Maelstrom + 1341

Oh yeah charged lightning staff with shock glyph = almost 100% chance to proc concussion. Then using wall of elements sets them off-balance. And oh yeah, 70% bonus to heavy attacks for off-balanced enemies. And I never have to worry about recovery/resources at all. Other people in my groups do much more damage from my super-high concussion uptime and off-balance (in case others aren't applying it which is many PUGS). I'm also getting minor slayer bonus of +5% damage to dungeon and trials monsters. Enemies I hit with heavy attacks have Minor Vulnerability so I get an 8% damage bonus when doing solo content (I do a lot of that) and for PUG groups where people don't have/do what they're supposed to. +1,666 spell crit. +129 spell damage. + 2,192 max mag. Using Boundless Storm I get Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing my Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280. I get 20% spell damage increase from Power Surge. I have self-heals for 2,550 health from every critical strike from the same skill. (which keeps me alive in many a fight) I have inner light slotted for an extra 7% max magic from Inner Light level IV and Magicka Controller passive. It also gives me Major Prophecy, increasing my Spell Critical rating by 2191. So I don't have to use spell power potions. I use potions that restore about 8,000 magic, health, and stamina for better survivability. (Really helps when doing solo content or playing with crappy healers which is often.)

So yeah, I never said I have the best build or most DPS. But I have fun playing and my character is very powerful and cruises through just about anything in the game.

zvavi, saying nobody plays with builds like this is just pure ignorant. And honestly I think you know better. Builds similar to mine appeal to many people who want to be powerful while still having fun playing the game. (How many views does Xynode have on youtube? Sorry dude, you're proven wrong)

Dummy damage is not relevant to anything really. I don't even bother testing there. I test in real-world using add-ons mostly. But since I'm not a meta-chaser, and don't have problems passing content in game, I don't test a lot like some people do. My build is setup for AOE damage as much as anything, and my DPS is well into the 40,000+ range real-world damage because I just melt anything that even comes close from my Boundless Storm, Lightning Flood. Elemental Rage, and Wall of Elements. Never mind the splash damage from my heavy attacks. I can cruise around and kill whole mobs just with AOE, but oh yeah, for boss fights my heavy attack damage is very high. I don't need any other skills and therefore don't need another bar. I don't have to time everything perfectly and don't have to bar swap = much more fun IMO. To each their own I guess. I play games to have fun and not so I have to train like a potential olympic athlete to get every possible point of damage.

if you look back on the original post, I had a very specific question. The last 2 of you that replied didn't even attempt to answer the question. So I'm not sure why you posted at all? Runefang at least tried to give some helpful information, although not related to my question, and I believe he's just flat out wrong (for my play style). For yours you may be right.

Zvavi: You replied to a post to say that you don't want to help or answer the question asked, so why reply at all? Don't you have better things to do with your time? Seriously dude, what was even the point of your comment other than just to make yourself look really really bad?
    Edited by malistorr on July 26, 2019 10:10PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point was telling you "people here that theory craft dont play builds like that, so you will have to experiment." Also, the thing of "being powerful" is totally subjective, and plainly misleading to players who read that. You didnt answer my question though. Cause you were implying that you are hitting 36k (40k-10%)
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked what enchant/glyph and trait to use on a staff, but since you want to change the subject:

Runefang: I said I don't use pets at all.

For how I play, which is basically just using 5 skills for buffs/protection and AOE DPS, and then ONLY heavy attacking, there is not another better set than Undaunted Infiltrator. I have been testing (as has Xynode supposedly spent thousands of hours testing). Nothing comes close. Because yes, my Boundless Storm, Lightning Flood. Elemental Rage, and Wall of Elements can do a little bit more AOE damage with another set, but heavy attacks will be so much weaker that total dps isn't even close. I've tried it in the build editor for example, entering in every single detail about my build, and lightning staff heavy attack damage goes down by 20% with the 2nd best set instead of UI. UI also gives over 2,000 max magicka, which is almost another 200 spell damage equivalent damage to everything. The wasted slot isn't ideal, but with such a powerful heavy attack I don't really care about it.

Runefang, you said there is a better lazy build available. Please let me know what 2 gear sets your recommend that would be better for how I play. I will go test it out and report back results. I've already tried so many. For how other people play there are lots of sets that would be better, but they are for other classes and other play styles where people utilize different skills. But again, I'm willing to try what you're saying will be better for me if you give me the specific gear to try. I've already tried Julianos and it's much weaker than UI for how I play. It's not even close.

I'm currently using a full set of light armor (IM). And my lightning staff and jewels are UI. I don't have the Maelstrom staff yet so I'm using a heavy piece of Grothdar usually. So I have all 3 armor types and get the undaunted passive maxed out. If I were to switch to Maelstrom staff it would replace my UI staff so I would have to ditch the monster set yes, for UI head and shoulders so I still have a complete set. So I'll lose 2% max health and magic because I'll only have 2 armor types instead of 3. But I'll be replacing that, and whatever I can get from the monster set, with 1,341 extra base heavy attack damage which I think gets buffed by several things in my build and becomes at least a few thousand more dps just like the heavy attack bonus from UI and IM gives me.

IM + 903
    UI + 1161
    Maelstrom + 1341

Oh yeah charged lightning staff with shock glyph = almost 100% chance to proc concussion. Then using wall of elements sets them off-balance. And oh yeah, 70% bonus to heavy attacks for off-balanced enemies. And I never have to worry about recovery/resources at all. Other people in my groups do much more damage from my super-high concussion uptime and off-balance (in case others aren't applying it which is many PUGS). I'm also getting minor slayer bonus of +5% damage to dungeon and trials monsters. Enemies I hit with heavy attacks have Minor Vulnerability so I get an 8% damage bonus when doing solo content (I do a lot of that) and for PUG groups where people don't have/do what they're supposed to. +1,666 spell crit. +129 spell damage. + 2,192 max mag. Using Boundless Storm I get Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing my Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280. I get 20% spell damage increase from Power Surge. I have self-heals for 2,550 health from every critical strike from the same skill. (which keeps me alive in many a fight) I have inner light slotted for an extra 7% max magic from Inner Light level IV and Magicka Controller passive. It also gives me Major Prophecy, increasing my Spell Critical rating by 2191. So I don't have to use spell power potions. I use potions that restore about 8,000 magic, health, and stamina for better survivability. (Really helps when doing solo content or playing with crappy healers which is often.)

So yeah, I never said I have the best build or most DPS. But I have fun playing and my character is very powerful and cruises through just about anything in the game.

zvavi, saying nobody plays with builds like this is just pure ignorant. And honestly I think you know better. Builds similar to mine appeal to many people who want to be powerful while still having fun playing the game. (How many views does Xynode have on youtube? Sorry dude, you're proven wrong)

Dummy damage is not relevant to anything really. I don't even bother testing there. I test in real-world using add-ons mostly. But since I'm not a meta-chaser, and don't have problems passing content in game, I don't test a lot like some people do. My build is setup for AOE damage as much as anything, and my DPS is well into the 40,000+ range real-world damage because I just melt anything that even comes close from my Boundless Storm, Lightning Flood. Elemental Rage, and Wall of Elements. Never mind the splash damage from my heavy attacks. I can cruise around and kill whole mobs just with AOE, but oh yeah, for boss fights my heavy attack damage is very high. I don't need any other skills and therefore don't need another bar. I don't have to time everything perfectly and don't have to bar swap = much more fun IMO. To each their own I guess. I play games to have fun and not so I have to train like a potential olympic athlete to get every possible point of damage.

if you look back on the original post, I had a very specific question. The last 2 of you that replied didn't even attempt to answer the question. So I'm not sure why you posted at all? Runefang at least tried to give some helpful information, although not related to my question, and I believe he's just flat out wrong (for my play style). For yours you may be right.

Zvavi: You replied to a post to say that you don't want to help or answer the question asked, so why reply at all? Don't you have better things to do with your time? Seriously dude, what was even the point of your comment other than just to make yourself look really really bad?

Ok.... so you have extensively tested and theory crafted and build edited... why do you come onto the forums and ask about something as simple as a weapon enchant/trait?

I think only you can answer your question. I feel from your previous comments that any suggestions will likely met with a response about how they wont work for 'your pkaystyle'.

I sure you will figure this one out.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am only using 1-bar because having to memorize complex rotations of skills, and needing to be able to bar swap, while doing all of this at a very fast and precise pace, just plain and simple doesn't sound like fun to me. I play the game after a long day at work and just want to relax. I'm already very high CP and honestly, most of the content in the game is barely a challenge at this point. I do have ways I can improve even more by finishing with transmuting my gear to the maximized traits and tweaking my CP a little more. But sitting around for days just practicing a rotation to get another 10% dps just isn't something I want to do. I already run 4-player dungeons and in almost every single one I have the best dps, or maybe it just seems like it because I'm beating everyone to the mobs and my AOE kills almost everything before any other player has even reached that point in the dungeon. It's so effective (see the easy mag sorc video by xynode) that I see no reason to change how I like to play for a little more dps. My single-target damage is high enough because I heavy attack, and every single thing about my character is designed for max damage on heavy attack. I know all the meta chasers will tell me I'm doing something wrong and that's ok. I like the mag sorc class and I like how I play and have fun. I'm very successful at the game as well so there's really no reason for me to change.

I have a solo build, and if you don't have a monster set, you could rock 5 Infiltrator, jewelry + 2 armor pieces, 5 Unweaver armor pieces and the VMA Lightning Staff charged. Off balance will be up about 100% of the time giving your heavy attacks 70% increased damage. It is disgusting. Best if luck to you, man!
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have a solo build, and if you don't have a monster set, you could rock 5 Infiltrator, jewelry + 2 armor pieces, 5 Unweaver armor pieces and the VMA Lightning Staff charged. Off balance will be up about 100% of the time giving your heavy attacks 70% increased damage. It is disgusting. Best if luck to you, man!

Impossible, ofbalance has a cooldown which results in a max-uptime of 25%.
    Noobplar
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I backbar my Maelstrom Lightning staff, trait in infused, enchanted with crushing.
    WoE then procs the backbar enchant and the bonus has persistence to carry over on bar swapping since it's based on what weapon you've casted with (rather than currently holding).
    That way my main hand in precise shock is free to fire'n proc on whatever for the next 8 seconds.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

On bosses only, all other mobs, including players, can be off balanced infinitely.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On bosses only, all other mobs, including players, can be off balanced infinitely.

Other mobs, that can get off balance for more than 5 seconds. Are usually dead after 5 seconds
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

Mobs don't have the Cooldown. For bosses, yeah, but for most fighting with what he wants to do, mobs are going to be 90% what he fights.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Other mobs, that can get off balance for more than 5 seconds. Are usually dead after 5 seconds

Well, yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that they don't have a cool down like bosses do.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joosef_Kivikilpi, I need mostly light armor since I'm a mag sorc. So I will use 5 light armor body pieces of IM/IE (whatever the F it's called , why does it have 2 names?!)
    2 medium armor from Undaunted Infiltrator head and shoulders (also using UI jewels)
    So yes, I don't have a heavy armor piece for that extra undaunted passive bonus but it's something I have to sacrifice just like not having a monster set in favor of that 3rd very large buff to my staff heavy attacks. I hope to be able to get the staff soon and test this and I'll know if it's worth keeping or if some other setup might be better for my play style. So far nothing I've tested comes close which agrees with why Zynode suggested a similar setup to begin with. Although he's using Grothdar (which I am now) instead of going with 1-bar without the monster set.

I just don't want to have to bar swap and honestly don't need to use more skills than the 6 I have on my 1-bar. If I can pass all content in the game playing the way I want to than I'll be happy. I know some people just can't comprehend that a player wouldn't spend all night and day squeezing every last ounce of possible dps from their build, but yes, some people just like to relax and enjoy their games instead of turning in into a job. I'm quite confident that once I finish transmuting everything and get the staff that I'll be very happy with the results.

Back to the topic I asked about. I've used a charged staff before, but right now my UI staff is sharpened. I'll have to get the Maelstrom staff and change it to charged ASAP.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd suggest moving blockade and the maelstrom staff to your back bar which would only require you to bar swap every 8 seconds. You could also slot emergency utility skills on your back bar just in case you need them. As for trait I would actually suggest nirnhoned but it honestly won't matter for any non dlc non trial content.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Charged/Infused is needed to maximize concussion/off-balance on the lightning staff and get the 170% heavy attack bonus.
    The whole build really is built for heavy attack max damage. The fact that I'm a lightning mag. sorc with possibly best in game AOE is really a bonus. But together the toon can put out really nice dps. Enough to keep me happy and passing whatever I need to. Maybe some day I'll change my mind and be willing to swap. But for now, having to swap every 2 heavy attacks and use a skill, then swap back (and by then needing to use a couple of my AOE skils again before I can even start heavy attacking again) kind of throws the way I play out of whack.

One question I have though is if you use wall on the back bar with the maelstrom staff, when you swap to the front bar and another staff, doesn't that cancel out the maelstrom staff bonus to your heavy attack in your wall? Or does it carry over to front bar even though it was cast on back? I read somewhere that it doesn't carry over but searching around online I wasn't able to find a good description of that. I guess all the posts I read the people were just not that well informed.

SirMewser said that wall proccing concussed on back bar would carry over. Please confirm.
    Edited by malistorr on July 29, 2019 9:57PM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bonus carries over as long as you casted blockade on the bar with the maelstrom staff.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to guess that if you’re running a one-bar build you’re probably not in an optimized group with every available buff and debuff. The best trait is probably going to be Sharpened, since you are likely not hitting the Spell Pen cap of 18200 in most PVE instances. For overland content the Pen cap is a lot lower (9100?), and Infused is probably the way to go. Shock Glyph works well against a single target, but Berserker is much better at AoE and nearly as good for ST. My personal preference is Precise Flame front bar with Infused Berserker back bar, but that only works if you can rely on things like Alkosh, Crusher, and Major/Minor Breach.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok assuming that I'll have the buffs and debuffs. If it doesn't happen occasionally then oh well. I think my pen is over 11,000 now so if I go infused instead of sharpened I'll still be good with overland and maybe even dungeon/trial mob?. I can get any extra pen I need from the CP. I think for just general AOE of dungeon and overland mobs and the occasional boss fights charged/infused sounds like the way to go with lightning staff for a mag sorc. who wants concussion/off-balance and the 170% heavy attack damage bonus.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused Berserker might be the best compromise then. Works well in all content, can’t really go wrong with 452 Spell Damage (before multipliers) at 100% uptime, even if it’s not always the #1 choice.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume you're talking about glyph of weapon damage? Sounds good, but I don't think for mag sorc. using lightning staff it would be better than charged infused. Not for someone heavy attacking. But if I notice charged infused is visibly worse then maybe some day I'll test it and see what's better for how I play. I'm no expert on these things so I refer to information like this to make decisions. Hopefully it's correct:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/405520/concussion-lightning-staff-help-appreciated
    Edited by malistorr on July 30, 2019 12:29AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume you're talking about glyph of weapon damage? Sounds good, but I don't think for mag sorc. using lightning staff it would be better than charged infused. Not for someone heavy attacking. But if I notice charged infused is visibly worse then maybe some day I'll test it and see what's better for how I play. I'm no expert on these things so I refer to information like this to make decisions. Hopefully it's correct:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/405520/concussion-lightning-staff-help-appreciated

What a waste of a thread. Ignored all the advice. Why did you even bother to ask??
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

What a waste of a thread. Ignored all the advice. Why did you even bother to ask??

This is exactly the reason i said i refuse to give advice, since he obviously didnt want it. I did give some pointers, asked not to mislead other players with his "i am doing major damage" (which he obviously doesn't, even after saying it will add "only 10% of damage to his build") and his "viable for all content". but you know, opinions of other people doesn't matter. i was told I am just being an ass and making myself look bad :shrug:
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I did want advice, if it actually pays attention to what I asked for to begin with. I said I play with 1-bar and without pets, and wanted to know what is the best enchant and trait for a lightning staff. I didn't ask if you like or think my playing style is best. I didn't ask what gear to run. I don't care what's easy to farm, I have all the gear! I made it very clear I don't care if I'm bis or doing the most damage possible in the game. I said I want to do the most damage for my play style. You chose to waste your time replying, to say that you don't want to help. If you would have answered the 1 question I asked, I doubt there'd be any problem here. So please, do the forum a favor, go back and read my question, and read your reply, and let us know if you answered the question. Or did you do something completely different? If you want to have a conversation about best play style or best gear, why do it on a forum post where someone is asking about a weapon trait and enchant?
    Edited by malistorr on July 30, 2019 5:33PM
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't bother sorc aoe is getting nerfed next patch
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine then, charged is crap, infused with either lightening or weapon damage or nirnhorned, no idea what will be best. Experiment on your own.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will experiment more. This is from a post I read:

"Elemental weapon glyphs have 20% (84% after Charged and destro passive) chance to apply status effect opposed to AoE dots such as WoE which have 1% chance (4,2% after mentioned multipliers).

Light and heavy attacks CANNOT apply status effect. So without glyph, your chance to apply concussive comes only from WoE which has really low chance."

Since I mostly heavy attack I need concussion and off-balance to get the 170% heavy attack damage. I don't know if this can even be tested on a dummy, which I don't like to test on anyway since it doesn't seem to provide real-world/game dps.
    I'll have to test on overland mobs. I need about 500 damn transmute crystals. (Still need others to finish my armor etc.)