The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Question to Players: CP system

Jagdkommando
Jagdkommando
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys does anybody know about CP system future changes? Also do you have any interesting suggestion about future of CP system?

I was waiting for some news about CP in these updates, but alas...
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, don't think they've mentioned anything.

I'd like to see a CP system with just perks that provide unique ways to play.

Introduce an offensive category, defensive category and RP/quality of life category. Every 30cp, 1 perk can be chosen as it rotates the constellation. Results in 27 perks or 9 perks per category with 810 cp. (Please bump this up to 900, WHOLE numbers.. yay!)

Perks can be similar to the current nodes in the star system, following a path in order to unlock the better perks down the tree. Make them do unique things and buff the existing 1's that feel too weak.

Take out the 300cp = 20% max hp/mag/sta requirement and apply this to ALL characters when they reach cp 160. (Leveling could frankly use a nerf anyway, since the introduction of level scaling.)

Give back some of the damage/mitigation to class passives. Healing done, Healing received, Dot damage, direct damage, etc. This helps them feel more unique again. Necro has kind of adopted some of what I'd expect to see, eg 1500 pen, 1250 hp, 10% dot damage.

Nightblades could have higher direct and crit damage, DK higher flame/poison damage, sorc higher physical/shock damage, etc. These systems exist, but are very weak making them feel non existent.

These would help lean the classes in to specific play-styles and themes more so than they do now, when everyone is powerful, no one is. Every dps has at least 18% dot, direct and crit damage, etc. So giving back unique power to the classes helps those classes work with not only IN CLASS abilities, but out of class abilities to make choices more meaningful.

For example, Soul Trap is now a strong dot that everyone will be using. If Mag Warden was the only class to have +10% mag damage/Frost damage, they might find it more useful than a DK with +10% fire damage and not enough bar space for both, the DK would choose something like Flame Reach.

In the current context of the game, there isn't enough abilities to make that distinction and the CP normalizes everyone. With the changes, a Sorc may be a dedicated lightning blockade runner since DK's get much more synergy with Flame blockade in comparison. This would actually introduce more class diversity, not only within the class but the extra abilities available to everyone. There is only 10 skill spaces, so with enough abilities available, you would see people running completely different builds instead of the 6 basic universal skills and 4 class skills like right now.

I could see this working very well with spellcrafting too, which seems easier than ever before to introduce after the combat standards are finalized. This will create more class diversity as long as you limit the type of skills you can craft and lean in to the classes damage roles as mentioned above. A 5 slot skill tree with 1 offensive single target, 1 offensive aoe, 1 self buff, 1 defensive/utility single target and 1 aoe defensive/utility. Once again, a sorc would lean in to skills with shock damage since they get +10% for those abilities.

Anyway, context is key here. That would take a lot of work, but 1 can dream. As it stands, everyone has +21% dot damage, +11% mag damage with a sorc having only +5% shock damage, so everyone is slotting the same abilities since your in class specialization is NOT strong enough. Thanks for reading if you did.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 25, 2019 12:31AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to add to my previous comment, the current iteration of the cp system is not solely responsible for power creep like many have suggested and hopefully ZOS understands, so moving the bonuses to the classes is almost mandatory if removed, at least to some extent. Since the game has been balanced around CP for years, I doubt they're prepared to re-balance EVERY dungeon and trial effectively.

The real issue is new sets, scaling like LA change, systems like Mundus/5pc with 20% scaling and skill changes.

So with that in mind. The major flaw of the CP system is it NEVER felt rewarding to me. It feels like a system designed to throttle the player. At CP160, you just feel weaker than everyone else and content in the game and earning CP doesn't make you feel like your getting stronger because all the stars are statistical advantages, with diminishing returns in mind, this results in TINY differences between builds of 2-5% Crit damage on a scale of 85% vs 90%.

I'd like a cp system closer to something that augments your abilities slightly with new effects, once again, giving the player more ways to specialize there class in to thematically interesting builds.

Eg. poison damage has 10% chance to spread to a target within 4m.

Something more active than passive if that makes sense.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they redesign the system I hope they get rid of CP 1-160. I remember when I first started playing, ‘Oh I’m max level, time to start playing... what do you mean my gear isn’t max level until CP 160’.

It’s such a weird time in the game for a new player. They might as well call it what it is, CP160 is max level and CP 1-159 is like being level 49.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 25, 2019 1:16AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adjust scaling such that New Lv50 = Old CP160, maintaining identical stats for everyone and their gear at cap, and removing superfluous crafting material tiers. New players should be granted the same available CP as anyone else in the game upon reaching Lv50.

A level playing field isn't something that needs to be "earned" in any sort of game worth playing. Playing catch-up, grinding for months on end, doesn't give newer players a sense of progression, it's the sense of digging yourself out of a very deep hole.

My advantage as a 5+ year vet is my experience, practice, extensive gear library, and in-game social contacts. I don't need inherently higher stats too. Nor do I need "Enlightenment" with 1600+ CP, why does this still pop up every day?
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to add to my previous comment, the current iteration of the cp system is not solely responsible for power creep like many have suggested and hopefully ZOS understands, so moving the bonuses to the classes is almost mandatory if removed, at least to some extent. Since the game has been balanced around CP for years, I doubt they're prepared to re-balance EVERY dungeon and trial effectively.

The real issue is new sets, scaling like LA change, systems like Mundus/5pc with 20% scaling and skill changes.

So with that in mind. The major flaw of the CP system is it NEVER felt rewarding to me. It feels like a system designed to throttle the player. At CP160, you just feel weaker than everyone else and content in the game and earning CP doesn't make you feel like your getting stronger because all the stars are statistical advantages, with diminishing returns in mind, this results in TINY differences between builds of 2-5% Crit damage on a scale of 85% vs 90%.

I'd like a cp system closer to something that augments your abilities slightly with new effects, once again, giving the player more ways to specialize there class in to thematically interesting builds.

Eg. poison damage has 10% chance to spread to a target within 4m.

Something more active than passive if that makes sense.

Interesting approach, agree with you, the system need to be changed and not balanced. Yet no answer from devs about cp.
    Options
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I propose a system based on selected group role
    Options