The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Tips for Soloing World Bosses

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magsorc normally just runs matriarch but when she also runs clannfear vs WB, the clannfear will indeed tank - as long as we are totally alone. The moment another player shows up the boss ignores my clannfear and the third heal from my matriarch goes to the other player instead of my clannfear. So I found the clannfear fairly valuable when truly solo but when others show up the clannfear seems pretty worthless so that is why I dropped him and opted to use his two very valuable slots for other things.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use your VMA build with a little more focus on mitigation and self heals.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can really depend how high CP you are. True noob toons will have a rough time IMHO, but as soon as you hit 160 CP it starts getting doable.

Trick is a skill like templar jabs to get strong healing & damage at the same time.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Solo most WB on a Tank Build, good 15 minutes but i get them down
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »
    I Solo most WB on a Tank Build, good 15 minutes but i get them down

Haha. I tried that on my pure main tank DK vs Dire Bramblepatch (troll in central Deeshan). The troll has an insane health regen rate that is every bit the equal of my tank's small dps. The result was a 15 minute standoff where each could jiggle the other's health bar but neither could get the other below 95% health. Eventually, my tank got bored and dragged the troll back far enough so he reset and ran back to his spawn point. A bit frustrating but mostly hilarious. Most alliance zone WBs though he can eventually wear down to dead though.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Tip #1: Do it before update 23 drops ;)
    Tip #2: Consider a monster set like Mighty Chudan or Iceheart, the plague doctor mentioned above is another option, but I prefer just swapping out my head and shoulder pieces
    Tip #3: If you are on PC, use an add-on like Bandits UI to warn when big hits are incoming so you can block or dodge
    Tip #3A: If you are on console and don't have add-ons, watch the boss enough to get a feel for what the tell is that a big hit is coming. Some don't seem to have a tell but do follow a rythym (not a WB, but the final boss of vet BC1 is a good example of this).
    Tip #4: Straight DPS builds from popular sites are not the best for soloing difficult content. VMA builds tend to do much better.
    Tip #5: If getting it done, rather than soloing it, is the objective, go for a tankier build. Passers by will join in when they see you whittling it down and without dying..

VMA builds?
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been able to defeat the vast majority of the bosses in game solo with various builds, few of them could be described as "tanks", and most were pure DPS builds albeit with some slight changes. The rotation was different though, since you can't go to a mob that hits you for 10K+ and act as if it's a DPS dummy. You have to do a lot of heavy attacks in order to have your resources full, and be able to mitigate and/or heal incoming damage.

The few bosses I haven't been able to solo on any class are:
    - Summerset: Gryphons - got them close to 20% once solo but I made a mistake and wiped. Since the attempt took more than 15 minutes I haven't tried to repeat it.
    - Wrothgar: Ash Titan - got him in execute range once with Magicka Sorcerer but got killed by the adds. It's almost impossible to destroy all those portals since they keep respawning. May be easier on some pet builds but I don't play such a build on any character.

Others I've been able to solo on some classes, but not others:
    - Vvardenfell: Hunger that keeps healing off you - was able to solo him on Stamina and Magicka DK by casting Deep Breath just before he came back of hiding, and had been able to interrupt him that way. Stamina Sorcerer - no interrupts but constant heals from Critical Surge allowed me to solo by damaging him more than was able to heal.
    - Rivenspire: Gargoyle - it has a strong DoT (probably bleed) that you have to roll dodge/purge since once you got it it's very hard to outheal. Many of the adds also hit hard, and stun, so the tactic is to kite the boss on them and AoE together
    - Grahtwood: Tigers - especially hard to solo on Magicka classes since you have a fear/stun mechanic from one boss, and the other jumps on you and kills you outright if you don't break free instantly.

The rest were soloed by each of the builds below:

1) Stamina DK: 2H/Bow Hunding+VO/Maelstrom+Velidreth 18K HP
    2) Magicka Sorcerer (no pet): Lightning/Lightning Julianos+IA/Maelstrom+Ilambris 17K HP
    3) Stamina NB: 2H/Bow VO+Briarheart/Maelstrom+Velidreth 17K HP
    4) Magicka Templar: Lightning/Lightning Julianos+IA/Maelstrom+Grothdarr 17K HP
    5) Stamina Warden: 2W/Bow VO+Hunding/Maelstrom+Stormfist 20K HP (all attributes in stamina but Imperial + Min. Tough.)
    6) Magicka DK: Lightning/Inferno + BSW+IA/Maelstrom+Grotharr 17K HP
    7) Stamina Sorcerer: 2W/Bow VO+NMG/Maelstrom+Stormfist 17K HP
    8) Magicka NB: Inferno/Inferno MS+BSW/Maelstrom+Valkyn Skoria 16.5K HP
    9) Stamina Templar: 2H/Bow VO+NMG/Maelstrom+Slimecraw 17K HP

All builds used max stat blue food with either 5L/1M/1H or 1L/5M/1H gear configuration. Rotations were and heavy attack based. The only exception is Magicka NB, which used Witchmother's Potent Brew, but still got enough HP due to gear and class passives since this build is not suitable to such a rotation. I used only dropped pots and skills for gaining major buffs. The Summerset Geyser bosses are per par with world bosses so I've included those too. I haven't gone to Elsweyr yet, but I will try my hand there soon.

X/Y denotes that X is a full set on the front bar, while Y is slotted on the back bar only

Gear Abbreviations:
    - NMG - Night Mother's Gaze
    - IA - Infallible Aether
    - VO - Vicious Ophidian
    - MS - Mother's Sorrow
    - BSW - Burning Spellweave
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |