The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Imperial Race Debate

• Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it dumb tbh that the Khajiit got magicka bonuses like what why the rugs? And not Imperials cause Imperials are more capable in the arcane arts, just look at past games and lore. I mean it would at least make them a bit more diverse than mainly being seen as tanks or the rare stamina dps. Idk just my opinion.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Vetixio wrote: »
    I find it dumb tbh that the Khajiit got magicka bonuses like what why the rugs? And not Imperials cause Imperials are more capable in the arcane arts, just look at past games and lore. I mean it would at least make them a bit more diverse than mainly being seen as tanks or the rare stamina dps. Idk just my opinion.

Ultimate and mag spell cost reduction in addition to 133 mag/2s Regen not arcane enough?
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vetixio wrote: »

Ultimate and mag spell cost reduction in addition to 133 mag/2s Regen not arcane enough?

Thats true yes. But I meant like a small max magicka bonus like 1k or something? Maybe just change the stamina bonus from 2k stamina, to 1k stamina 1k magicka. Cause in the other TES Imperials have always been pretty balanced in their skill bonuses some being in stamina/warrior based skills and some being in magicka based skills. Whereas Khajiits are stealthy and have never had magicka bonuses.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • mimisapje
    mimisapje
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, i don't think mathematics, when picking a race. I just pick a race what I think would look good for the class.
    So now, i got 2 imperials, but are on stam: one stamplar DD and one DK tank.

I just started tanking in general, so my experienced tank friends suggested me to make a Nord, because it's more comfortable. But I like the looks of the imperial, so I went with that. So far i did some vDLC dungeons with him (on hm) and managed without any big problems, while not even having vigor unlocked.

On my stamplar i have more experienced and she can easily run in vTrials. She won't hit the top notch numbers, but she can pull her weight in it.

I believe if you have the skills, right gear (and positive mindset) you can hit high DPS with any race/class.
    Just don't compare yourself too much with others, and you'll have a great time.
    PC EU
    Falure - Breton Templar - Healer
    Lady Aurora Bellamont - Breton Templar - PVP
    Meluse - Imperial Templar - DD
    Nahzgra gra-Shatur - Orc Sorc - DD
    Elvanari - Breton Sorc - DD
    Ghathwen - Bosmer Warden - DD
    Nirathwen - Imperial Necro - DD
    Orci Porci - Orc Necro - DD
    Lexus Attius - Imperial DK - Tank
    Araure - Redguard NB - DD
    Mazikeen The Soulless - Breton Necro - DD
    Naevas of House Redoran - Dunmer DK - PVP
    Alisenwe - Altmer NB - DD
    Daddy Dawnbreaker- Breton Templar - Tank
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went Imperial for a thief and I regret nothing. Khajit may provide better stats but IMO diplomat is better to an experienced player.
    Edited by Cathexis on July 30, 2019 7:04PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.