The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Healer Classes?

Iskiab
Iskiab
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So I’ve been looking at classes trying to decide on which to choose for a stam healer. I primarily play mag so I’ve been debating the ups and downs but lack enough experience to make a choice. Here’s what I’ve come up with, have I missed anything?

DKs:
Access to major mending but at a high magicka cost. 4K mag major mending buff for 6 seconds
Lots of health regen and tankiness
Wings

Sorc:
Amazing stamina sustain.
Self burst heal and recovery with the dark deal stamina morph
Streak

Templar:
Easy access to minor mending
Lots of of key buffs, good passives
Good stamina sustain
Healing ultimate

NB:
Healing ultimate
Can get minor mending from a mag heal

Warden:
Easy access to major mending
Lots of stam heals
Good Ult gen
Strong buffs
Healing Ult

Necro:
Not much going for them I see

Am I missing anything? Warden seems the no brainer choice but stamsorc and stamdk might be good choices too. It’s not about how many abilities you get after all but how good they are.
Edited by Iskiab on July 22, 2019 6:09PM
Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
Havoc Warhammer - Alair
LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is your goal just to have good healing for yourself or for your team?

Stamsorc offers little team healing outside of vigor. Also don't forget stamdk now gets cauterize scaling off stamina.
    Edited by NuarBlack on July 22, 2019 6:34PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam Necro has life amid death that acts about as good as healing springs. You got vigor, the tethers, the wraith....all without slotting a Resto Staff. It could maybe work.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Goal is a stam healer for pve and pvp.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had no luck healing PvP with Stam. PvE was ok, but your heals cut in half in Cyrodil make them very weak.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I had no luck healing PvP with Stam. PvE was ok, but your heals cut in half in Cyrodil make them very weak.

They’re already prevalent in cyrodiil. Fengrush’s guild for example is over half StamWardens (or were) and uses them for cross healing.

I’ve been looking at stamina healing after the patch. It’s definitely coming, and I expect them to be very strong with the PTS changes. For example with the right build the stamwarden spores group heal has a higher tooltip then breath of life (8.3k).
    Edited by Iskiab on July 22, 2019 7:10PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Against good opponents, it'd be Stamina Warden all the way. For that matter, Stamina Warden is probably a better healer than Magicka Warden in at least some cases, since they can basically ignore Negates.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, after looking more stamwarden looks like a no brainer. It’s the only stam class that has easy access to major mending, the other classes are way behind.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mainly stam warden.

StamDk also has strong off-heals with cauterize(can hit up to two targets I think?) however it simply can't even compare to stamden. Both classes have major mending, stamden has it on low hp, stamDK has it on demand for high mag cost.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, Stam DK self healing is amazingly strong (probably overpowered, to be honest), and they can get some pretty strong off-heals going, but I don't see one working as a dedicated healer.
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Do you also want to buff your group like current healers already do? If so, you need to consider classes that give good buffs like minor savagery and stuff like that.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Warden even in Cyrodiil. Works very well minus the cleanse thing. Templer is ruling when it is about removing effects.
    Stamden has enough magicka to use seeds and ice fortress. And seeds will be even better with u23. It is also good to use both pools.

I used 5x Naga Shaman with Undaunted: Bone Surge for a while but then switched to Battlefield Acrobat. With cost reduction glyphs on the jewels this is a heal machine with no sustain problems ever.

Dual wield, both + healing traits. All medium armor for crits and sustain. 2nd set Fortified Brass for some suvivability. With one crafted set you can decide about the jewel traits. PVP all inpen, PvE divine

Heal bar:
    Budding Seeds, Soothing Spores, Bull Netch, Deadly Cloak, Ice Fortress
    Ultimate either Grove or Reviving Barrier. Grove is cheap but sometimes a visual pain in PvP.

If you feel uncomfortable with Deadly Cloak in PvP, then try Shuffle.
    Edited by mague on July 24, 2019 6:40AM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Did Warden even in Cyrodiil. Works very well minus the cleanse thing. Templer is ruling when it is about removing effects.
    Stamden has enough magicka to use seeds and ice fortress. And seeds will be even better with u23. It is also good to use both pools.

1. Actually, in most cases MagSorcs do the cleansing role.

2. That being said, when I experimented with a StamWarden healer 2 years ago, I managed to the cleansing as well - of course, it is only sustainable every 6 or so seconds. The trick is that there is hardly a method to restore Stamina in the game, but a lot of methods to restore Magicka. Here are some:

a) Wardens get ressources back when they heal someone. HoTs are more effective in that regard, including Healing Thicket, which should be used whenever things get rough, or whenever you need a small break. (The weapon trait "decisive" is a must).

b) The Psijic heal skill has some nice synergies with Nature´s Embrace. It can restore almost infinite amounts of Magicka.

c) Nature´s embrace and "Guard" can be used together, which means you could increase your Mag reg by 20-30% if you wanted.

d) And there is are still alternative methods like equilibrium or the Asylum shield.

3.) So it basically comes down to how good your targetting skills are. That´s why the use of Nature´s embrace for more than transport is such a good indicator for a StamWarden´s actual skill level: You can do an "Embrace -> Spores -> Vigor -> Cleanse -> (Mend Wounds HA ->) Charging Manoevre" healing rotation, and you can carry your whole group with it (at least with Troll King), while still having a real damage bar.

PvP groups that are too small to have a real role separation (like a real Purge monkey), or groups that have unreliable players fighting with their solo setups (PuG zergs, LfG zergs, call them how you want) thus greatly benefit from such a healer type who does all the important stuff his- or herself.
    Edited by Thraben on July 24, 2019 10:13AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

2. That being said, when I experimented with a StamWarden healer 2 years ago, I managed to the cleansing as well - of course, it is only sustainable every 6 or so seconds. The trick is that there is hardly a method to restore Stamina in the game, but a lot of methods to restore Magicka. Here are some:

a) Wardens get ressources back when they heal someone. HoTs are more effective in that regard, including Healing Thicket, which should be used whenever things get rough, or whenever you need a small break. (The weapon trait "decisive" is a must).

b) The Psijic heal skill has some nice synergies with Nature´s Embrace. It can restore almost infinite amounts of Magicka.

c) Nature´s embrace and "Guard" can be used together, which means you could increase your Mag reg by 20-30% if you wanted.

d) And there is are still alternative methods like equilibrium or the Asylum shield.

3.) So it basically comes down to how good your targetting skills are. That´s why the use of Nature´s embrace for more than transport is such a good indicator for a StamWarden´s actual skill level: You can do an "Embrace -> Spores -> Vigor -> Cleanse -> (Mend Wounds HA ->) Charging Manoevre" healing rotation, and you can carry your whole group with it (at least with Troll King), while still having a real damage bar.

PvP groups that are too small to have a real role separation (like a real Purge monkey), or groups that have unreliable players fighting with their solo setups (PuG zergs, LfG zergs, call them how you want) thus greatly benefit from such a healer type who does all the important stuff his- or herself.

Damn, that’s clever. I looked at symbiosis because using dw the light/heavy attack would be a ranged heal, but dropped the idea when I saw heavy attacks only recover magicka.

Do you guys think a build like this would work? Any tips? My bars lack damage abilities and my back bar looks messed up to me, it’s a work in progress.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=165192
    Edited by Iskiab on July 24, 2019 12:58PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam warden all the way
  • csaba.isoniceb17_ESO
    csaba.isoniceb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Iskiab wrote: »

Damn, that’s clever. I looked at symbiosis because using dw the light/heavy attack would be a ranged heal, but dropped the idea when I saw heavy attacks only recover magicka.

Do you guys think a build like this would work? Any tips? My bars lack damage abilities and my back bar looks messed up to me, it’s a work in progress.

Hey,

Any update on this build. I'm really cruious about, since I always play healer roles (temp, warden, nb) and hybrids.

Tessai
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think only wardens will be able to group heal as stam. other classes would need too much magicka to be considered "stam".

for self healing any class have average to great things.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Hey,

Any update on this build. I'm really cruious about, since I always play healer roles (temp, warden, nb) and hybrids.

Tessai

I messed around on PTS looking to see how a stamwarden healer would work. Here was my impression:
    - echoing vigor was nerfed so it’s not as good as it was, but still decentish
    - I’m not sure if ring of preservation is practical, it’s not targeted and is always placed at your feet
    - For that reason I think a bow back bar makes the most sense. Put the ring down and sit it it and switch to your bow bar for damage... if you use it at all
    - Seeds are awesome and a big heal, I think sit behind the group so you can hit people with it
    - Symbiosis is great as a Stamwarden healer, probably mandatory
    - The magicka return for symbiosis only seems to work if you actually heal someone, so a heavy attack on a full health player return no Magicka
    - The ability that heals with your light and heavy attacks works with symbiosis, whether they’re full health or not. However, it counts every tick of the heavy attack as a light attack for healing
    - There’s a great synergy with the healing with light attacks and symbiosis, can’t recall the name of the ability but it’s good

I think stamwarden could work, it’d take some playtesting. Core abilities would be dw/bow, symbiosis and the heal when you LA, seeds, and potentially purge but I’m not sure if purge will work well. You might deplete your magicka with purge so wouldn’t be able to keep shimmering shield up.

Edit - Green Lotus is the ability I’m talking about.

TLDR: Green Lotus works with Symbiosis, Circle of Preservation might only be good in pve, Budding Seeds is great but is positional so I think a bow back bar is better, purge is possible with Symbiosis but it might be better to use the magicka for magicka spells or shimmering shield, I only looked for synergies and values, and didn’t playtest the build so a lot of things I’m not sure about
    Edited by Iskiab on August 11, 2019 2:48PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Is your goal just to have good healing for yourself or for your team?

Stamsorc offers little team healing outside of vigor. Also don't forget stamdk now gets cauterize scaling off stamina.

The new power surge seems a good option to use if you want group heals for stam sorc. Also, maybe using the new ring of preservation healing morph as well as healing morph negate. Also, blood alter seems good now.