The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Zaan really that good for PvP?!

• MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zaan is extremely strong in PvP, anyone saying otherwise is either a liar or clueless. The drawback is the 18 sec cooldown, and the fact that against good players it will be useless more often than not. Most players are not good and you'll be able to kill them with a Zaan proc.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    p00tx wrote: »
    It's only good in PvP if you're fighting a potato who doesn't understand roll-dodging backward. Fantastic in PvE for stack and burn fights though.

If someone roll dodges backwards and zaan breaks it just means the user is a potato. Nothing is stopping them from following their target.

I have streaked TWICE and still had the zaan beam on me.

Must be pre-change then, iirc they made.the range less than a single streak a bit ago

Zaan proc? Then you start spamming gap closers.

The deadliest part of Zaan is Cyrodiil lag, though.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great for Duels and DPS tests but not that good for open world PVP.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    It's only good in PvP if you're fighting a potato who doesn't understand roll-dodging backward. Fantastic in PvE for stack and burn fights though.

If someone roll dodges backwards and zaan breaks it just means the user is a potato. Nothing is stopping them from following their target.

I have streaked TWICE and still had the zaan beam on me.

Must be pre-change then, iirc they made.the range less than a single streak a bit ago

Zaan proc? Then you start spamming gap closers.

The deadliest part of Zaan is Cyrodiil lag, though.

Fairly sure the streak will break Zaan even if you react with a gap closer due to the instant nature of streak
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

Also works well if your target is lagging so badly they don’t even see the proc until it’s too late. That’s the only time it ever kills me.

I wore it for a while when it was a new setoh, and I died a lot of times thinking it was my zaan proc but it was actually my opponents. Standing there thinking I'm dishing out damage and I'm like oh God where's my Shields going