The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is Zaan really that good for PvP?!

Lokey0024
Lokey0024
✭✭✭✭✭
I had Zaan on me for 3 seconds tops and kill feed read 12k?! This normal?
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What class were you on?
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    What class were you on?

MDK. 7 heavy Tourgs pact /Sun/slimecraw monster. Around 25k spell resist 2700 crit resist. Only thing I can think of is vamp but 10k in 3 seconds still seems a bit crazy. No debuffs, guy was hard charging because he had a zerg capping a flag in IC and was spamming puncturing sweeps. Was dead before I could swap bars and heal.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on July 20, 2019 4:21PM
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    I had Zaan on me for 3 seconds tops and kill feed read 12k?! This normal?

only if you're zerging someone down like most proc sets
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically on my magDK (all light) I can HoT through it and I have healing ward plus coagulated blood.

If you’re a vampire, yes it is hitting you hard. As soon as it procs you need to roll dodge then mist form out of there.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically on my magDK (all light) I can HoT through it and I have healing ward plus coagulated blood.

If you’re a vampire, yes it is hitting you hard. As soon as it procs you need to roll dodge then mist form out of there.

Was 2 sweeps and I went from 24k health to 0. Fire breath/ember tried to bar swap and fell over. Been getting a lot of WTactualF moments recently.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on July 20, 2019 4:37PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zaan indeed does a ton of single target damage. In a 2 piece. You can burst heal through it (if you are on a class with a strong burst heal), shield through it, or dodge out of range, preferably cc'ing the Zaan wearing first.

I would be surprised if Zaan doesn't get an adjustment soon, but at the moment it's a relatively underused set. (Yet they nerfed the single target damage of Overwhelming Surge, a 5 piece set that did less damage. :s )
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NBrookus yeah overwhelming got a slight nerf losing about 800 damage per tick, but I’m interested in the newly gained magicka regen you get per tick.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus yeah overwhelming got a slight nerf losing about 800 damage per tick, but I’m interested in the newly gained magicka regen you get per tick.

A max of 150 regen is pretty tiny. Nonetheless it's a buff for casual PVE; the damage will be higher pulling mobs. But losing the single target pressure it provided puts this set into the decon pile for me.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this Cyrodil CP PvP?

If so, pretty much anything is OP with the right CP allocation. That’s why CP PvP is out of control.

Most of these calls for PvP related nerfs, are due to CP.

On my MagDK, in no CP PvP, I shrug off Zaan like any other annoying mechanic.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Against a single opponent that you are at least just as mobile, it's quite good.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NBrookus I wasn’t even thinking of PvE, I was thinking more PvP which would be less damage and less regen, but paired with other sets I think it could be banging on a mag warden. Specifically with Betty Netch and the updated Succession set and Grothdar. Backbar VMA restro staff. Sounds pretty killer for in a small group. Obviously there’s better sets, but I think the cheese potential is cheddar.
    Edited by khajiitNPC on July 20, 2019 5:36PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus I wasn’t even thinking of PvE, I was thinking more PvP which would be less damage and less regen, but paired with other sets I think it could be banging on a mag warden. Specifically with Betty Netch and the updated Succession set and Grothdar. Backbar VMA restro staff. Sounds pretty killer for in a small group. Obviously there’s better sets, but I think the cheese potential is cheddar.

@khajitNPC Ah, I don't magwarden. I tried for a while when the class was added and it just didn't suit me.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Used to be better when I still had my dark elf flame damage passive *grumble grumble*
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends really, if you cant lock your target down most stam builds can easily kite out of range, Pretty worthless against nbs that can just cloak it, templars that can cleanse it and sorcs that can just streak out of range. If you manage to stay on your target tho its a lot of Damage.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NBrookus yeah overwhelming got a slight nerf losing about 800 damage per tick, but I’m interested in the newly gained magicka regen you get per tick.

It got a big buff overall, now aoe, increased proc chance and magicka return.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You might have been stage 4 vamp. Sos recently increased the damage vampires take through making it multiplicative/additive er something, instead of what it was before. So that stuff hurting.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't be a vampire in PvP.
    PC EU
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In no cp yes. Even in a tanky setup this can hit over 20k damage, and it has 0 counterplay on most classes since speed was nerfed and it goes through all objects, like ceilings, trees, walls ect and even goes through block. You can turtle up in 1v1 but if your outnumbered it's going to be huge pressure, I mean around 14-20k dmg in a few seconds that can't be blocked is a lot.

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be a vampire in PvP.

My mag dk is a vamp. Elusive mist makes Zaan feel like a tickle.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on July 22, 2019 3:24PM
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭

It got a big buff overall, now aoe, increased proc chance and magicka return.

That mag return will be pathetic in pvp and same with the aoe damage. Especially now that every stam build will have major evasion. It's a flat out nerf in pvp. Any class that was utilizing it had it up about full time. Especially for templar as it proc'd off any skill. Now it has to be a skill that does damage. Used to be great on templar as it kept damage going out even when you went defensive. I'll be dropping it from pvp builds but adding to pve builds.
    Edited by NuarBlack on July 22, 2019 5:12PM
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's only good in PvP if you're fighting a potato who doesn't understand roll-dodging backward. Fantastic in PvE for stack and burn fights though.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a magplar I just purge it
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc has streak
    NB has cloak
    Templar has Ritual

Warden kinda has Betty
    DK doesn't have jack for an auto break

So is Zaan that good? Can be until you face the first three listed.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only ever died to it once when I was severely outnumber.

The damage was insane tho
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    In no cp yes. Even in a tanky setup this can hit over 20k damage, and it has 0 counterplay on most classes since speed was nerfed and it goes through all objects, like ceilings, trees, walls ect and even goes through block. You can turtle up in 1v1 but if your outnumbered it's going to be huge pressure, I mean around 14-20k dmg in a few seconds that can't be blocked is a lot.

The fact the beam from Zaan goes through all of that yet Necro can los it’s own tethers ?? Wtf
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    I use zaan's in PvE and PvP. Its not as effective as you would think in PvP because people can easily cleanse, roll dodge, heal or move out of range which happens to me all the time. It does hit pretty hard but only if you can keep the entire proc time on them which rarely happens from my experience in PvP. Each tick gets stronger so if its only on you for a couple seconds its easily survivable.
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    It's only good in PvP if you're fighting a potato who doesn't understand roll-dodging backward. Fantastic in PvE for stack and burn fights though.

Also works well if your target is lagging so badly they don’t even see the proc until it’s too late. That’s the only time it ever kills me.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone roll dodges backwards and zaan breaks it just means the user is a potato. Nothing is stopping them from following their target.

I have streaked TWICE and still had the zaan beam on me.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

If someone roll dodges backwards and zaan breaks it just means the user is a potato. Nothing is stopping them from following their target.

I have streaked TWICE and still had the zaan beam on me.

Must be pre-change then, iirc they made.the range less than a single streak a bit ago
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheShadower92
    TheShadower92
    ✭✭
    It does good dmg, but you can purge it or break the tether by moving away.