The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BUG: Necropotence 5 Piece not applying to certain pets

Glory
Glory
Class Representative
I noticed some disparities for the Necromancer using the Necropotence set between what tooltips say and the damage they are doing. So I did testing across all class pets to see if there is an issue across the board. Tests are done with no Champion Point allocation, no other buffs, done on unmorphed skills (although I also tested certain morphs as well).

I tested with 4 pieces of Necropotence + 1 replacement piece (a Sun piece with the same enchant/trait)/ 5 Necropotence. Here are my results:

Results
hj800po11srm.png

Summary:
  • Testing is done on a Dwarven Centurion target dummy, thus the damage dealt should be 63% of the tooltip.
  • Highlighted in red are disparities.
  • Necromancer's Blastbones, Mender, and Arcanist are not affected by Necropotence 5 piece. Interestingly, it is not affecting Colossus smashes.
  • The Mender doing the same healing for both 4 piece Necropotence and 5 piece Necropotence strongly suggests that the set is not applying whatsoever.
  • The only other pet affected (that I tested) is the Sorcerer's atronach, whose Zap is not affected by Necropotence's 5 piece. Interestingly, the initial hit is affected.

I have not tested sets that spawn pets, and there is a possibility that I missed a pet.

Thank you for reading. I am attaching two videos below as evidence.

Necromancer testing:
https://youtu.be/0pZqU8Tmiqs

Sorcerer testing (apologies for half screen):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcOXL_swxx8&feature=youtu.be
mDK will rise again.
Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Note: this appears to be the case on live too
    mDK will rise again.

Ádamant

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I did a little testing of my own on both live and PTS, and it seems like Necropotence is working OK on Necromancer pets. Try it out when wearing 5 Necropotence, without changing any gear, and casting a spammable (I used the Ricochet Skull) both with and without a pet active.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Hmm, I did a little testing of my own on both live and PTS, and it seems like Necropotence is working OK on Necromancer pets. Try it out when wearing 5 Necropotence, without changing any gear, and casting a spammable (I used the Ricochet Skull) both with and without a pet active.

Yes, the magicka is applied to your character.

The damage and healing done by your pets is not affected by the magicka.

Pets are supposed to inherit the magicka from the player, and they do not inherit the 5 piece from Necropotence.

Are your pets doing the amount of damage they're supposed to? Or are they doing the same amount as if you had no 5 piece bonus?
    mDK will rise again.

Ádamant

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »

Pets are supposed to inherit the magicka from the player, and they do not inherit the 5 piece from Necropotence.

Are your pets doing the amount of damage they're supposed to? Or are they doing the same amount as if you had no 5 piece bonus?
    Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying - I'm not 100% sure if the pets themselves were inheriting the extra damage/healing or not.

Edit: Tested a little on PTS, and the Intensive Mender's healing is identical both with and without the 5-piece bonus from Necropotence. I think the Skeletal Mage is also unaffected, but I didn't test it much. Mine actually got a larger max-crit without Necropotence active, but I assume that's because it happened while Concussion was up, but didn't when I had 5 Necropotence going.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on July 17, 2019 2:02PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no doubt this will result in the classic ZOS-buff-that-is-really-a-two-part-nerf:

Natch Potes, Page 3: "Pets will now correctly increase their damage/healing when a 5-piece bonus is active!"

Natch Potes, page 27: "Changed the 5-piece bonus of Necropotence from 3150 max magicka to 1250 max magicka"
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Glory wrote: »

Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying - I'm not 100% sure if the pets themselves were inheriting the extra damage/healing or not.

Edit: Tested a little on PTS, and the Intensive Mender's healing is identical both with and without the 5-piece bonus from Necropotence. I think the Skeletal Mage is also unaffected, but I didn't test it much. Mine actually got a larger max-crit without Necropotence active, but I assume that's because it happened while Concussion was up, but didn't when I had 5 Necropotence going.

Yep! This is exactly the results I got! Thank you for confirming :smile:
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I have no doubt this will result in the classic ZOS-buff-that-is-really-a-two-part-nerf:

Natch Potes, Page 3: "Pets will now correctly increase their damage/healing when a 5-piece bonus is active!"

Natch Potes, page 27: "Changed the 5-piece bonus of Necropotence from 3150 max magicka to 1250 max magicka"

I don't think so, it just seems like a little oversight. If not - we will adapt!
    mDK will rise again.

Ádamant