Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trial/Skin Carries

• p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    And one thing to be aware of, end-game community is pretty small. And people tend to remember the names of their carries. So don't be surprised if some guild will turn you down when you decide to join them for a real progression run.

I have yet to see a raiding guild accept a member, or at least make them a rank for raiding, without a real parse. We want to see someone can do actual damage (or handle their role) in actual raids vs dummy parses.

It's not just about the parse though. I know a guy who bought pretty much every carry he could at the beginning and made a bit of a meme out of himself. Later he decided to get something done legit. And even despite his solid parses those guilds that carried him pretty much laughed at his face when he tried to get a spot.

I guarantee there is more to the story that what you are sharing. No raiding guild will laugh at a solid player that can put out worthy dps and stay alive. They always want good players. Even if recruiting is closed they are always wiling to accept a strong player.

A high parse is only good if the player can stay alive and doesn't get the team killed. If this player was trying to use their skins and their parse to jump into high level raids without bothering to learn and progress them like the rest of us have, no way. This is obviously hypothetical, since I don't actually know if the player did those things.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have nothing against mercenary services, I know that some roleplayers just need some skins or pvpers that care about fashion but can't have years of practice and real life time to commit for progression. Plus gear runs can be in demand by players of same skill level, not everyone have enough time for a farm runs with their guild all week long for some lokke dagger.
    Sometimes people believe that skin they bought will get them to the endgame (ikr?) but it's a different story, you literally making your life just harder as everyone would know if someone got carried or not on first raid together, it's not that hard to notice or even check info from other gm's.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If a group is willing to carry someone and there's nothing against this in the TOS then I don't see an issue with this but honestly I would never even consider buying a skin carry because surely you wouldn't have a sense of accomplishment from getting something you didn't earn. I can see why some people who may not want to do PVE content or just people who have no time to run in progression groups may want to buy these skins though.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's fine unless it involves real money or account sharing. I earned my skins, but I don't care if someone bought theirs. Not everyone enjoys progression raiding/has enough time for it, after all. And it's not like you can buy all trial hm carries and join a good raiding guild: they don't care about your skins, they will test your skills before you can join. And if someone doesn't have any real trial experience, it will be obvious.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZoS is really ok with guilds selling carries, I'm surprised they don't have a section for advertising it. I've never seen a post saying something like "Guild X - we sell carries!".
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has put a tonne of time and resources into progressing vet trials I have no problem with people buying skins. Just another market. As long as people are at least somewhat discreet about it. People can get about tasteless and tacky when big sums are involved.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    And one thing to be aware of, end-game community is pretty small. And people tend to remember the names of their carries. So don't be surprised if some guild will turn you down when you decide to join them for a real progression run.

I have yet to see a raiding guild accept a member, or at least make them a rank for raiding, without a real parse. We want to see someone can do actual damage (or handle their role) in actual raids vs dummy parses.

It's not just about the parse though. I know a guy who bought pretty much every carry he could at the beginning and made a bit of a meme out of himself. Later he decided to get something done legit. And even despite his solid parses those guilds that carried him pretty much laughed at his face when he tried to get a spot.

I guarantee there is more to the story that what you are sharing. No raiding guild will laugh at a solid player that can put out worthy dps and stay alive. They always want good players. Even if recruiting is closed they are always wiling to accept a strong player.

A high parse is only good if the player can stay alive and doesn't get the team killed. If this player was trying to use their skins and their parse to jump into high level raids without bothering to learn and progress them like the rest of us have, no way. This is obviously hypothetical, since I don't actually know if the player did those things.

I had thought that clearly stating that no raiding guild will laugh at a solid player that can put out worthy dps and stay alive would be understood to be in real raiding conditions and not a test dummy parse but it seems that was not clear enough. Will try to do better next time.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling in-game services for in-game gold is fine. People don't care about your skin as long as you have some kind of skills to back it up. If you wear your vHoF/vAS/vCR skin while raiding with an end-game group and you're a floormat on every part of a trial, you'll get laughed at for being a bum.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

I had thought that clearly stating that no raiding guild will laugh at a solid player that can put out worthy dps and stay alive would be understood to be in real raiding conditions and not a test dummy parse but it seems that was not clear enough. Will try to do better next time.

As you can see from my signature line, I am on Xbox, which means we don't have raid parses available to us. All we have are target dummy parses which have to be clipped and sent to someone. This goes for PS4 as well. It had nothing to do with clarity, and more to do with the fact that things are not the same across the board.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could care less. Gold is gold and how they play is not my business. Services are offered to help our toons put food on the table, lol.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would never want to be carried. I take pride in my accomplishments and work to achieve my goals. I've never paid for a carry nor have I ever sucked up to someone to be put in a group or prog to be carried. I've run with quite a few people who have their skins and quite a few that don't. It's easy to spot many of those who didn't earn it. They are the one's that are proudly displaying their skin, while hugging the floor during most of the fight. Note, all of this pertains to trial groups, those who have tested or should have tested to get into the group. On the converse, I've run with quite a few who have no skins, who know the content and should have their skin. Due to some circumstance or another, such as the group dissolving before the complete, they just don't have it. They are the one's I would rather run with than the floor hugging skin buyer. To those of you who have been carried, honestly I don't care what you do. It's your choice. Just don't try to pass off your skin as knowing how to do the content. It will become apparent quite quickly that you aren't who you pretend to be.
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as there isnt real money involved it should be fine.
    Obviously carries for crowns are also fine because ZO$ makes money off it, even tho its borderline RMT (Real-Money-Trading) :)
    Edited by ATomiX69 on August 5, 2019 10:23AM
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas