The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[PC-EU] The SCAMMER crown seller or On how to get the fetcher tucked up tighter than Telvanni slave.

AyMistr00s
AyMistr00s
Soul Shriven
We're watching you... scum.
Hallo ESO community, this is an open-letter of sorts, on a problem i didn't know to exist before i got it.

I come with both, a warning and a plea.
"In Bangkorai, around July 8 1:50 am UK time, @**************, character ****** ***** **, offered to exchange crown store merchandise for gold.
We had an extensive talk, ALL IN-GAME. Though, he simulated a fictitious discord talk to had taken place inbetween, attempting to invalidate in-game negotiations records that way.

This person took the gold and fled, saying i gave the gold as gift and even scammed his/her relatives, which, obviously is untrue, as i'm claiming back what he stole.
I can provide pictures of the whole conversation if needed.
Please, analyze the situation, restitute my gold and terminate these actions."

I've been sending this ticket over the last few days, ever since the thief - who i tried to warn you all of in my previous post, tho ****** pointed i shouldn't, due to server rules, which are currently protecting this individual - hoping i could get some help for myself and all else who could get scammed in similar ways.
Ofc, ZOS-sent version has way more details and a proper-er description of everything that happened. And a picture. Can't show those things here, sadly.
I'm even a lucky case, as i got pictures and ZOS should have registers of the conversation to intervene and do justice.

Today, all my tickets got closed without a proper answer, nor gold restitution. So, i believe either i'm doing this wrong or the customer service is failing me. If it exists at all, maybe i'm dreaming there's any customer service. If so, this is all senseless blahbling, and i apologize. Outrageous, but senseless.
So, hopes lost on solving this decently, i bow to the community.

All in all,
How should i proceed so we all get safety from the criminal and i have some chance of being heard and some even smaller chance of having justice done?
Well, this might interest no one in the end. Understandable if so.

Still, my duty to myself and every other possible victim.
And here my warning, for you all:
DO KEEP RECORDS OF YOUR BUSINESS. CARE IS NEVER ENOUGH HERE.
Particularly, about discord talks. Never mention any, nor trade under the such. He did that on purpose, and if u aint careful enough, it can trick you hard. I'm not so certain i'll succeed myself XD

And if you know a trusted crown seller, love that person. He's a good boi for you.
Nobody deserves this headache ^^

Sincerest apologies for any bother, stay safe, n'wah, and please do help catching this fetcher. ^^
Edited by AyMistr00s on July 16, 2019 12:34AM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you ever decide to try again, you might want to see if any reputable guild is offering escrow services. The gm of one of my guilds does this; guildies who want to sell crowns contacts the gm to say how many. Guildies who want to buy contact the gm to find the going price, and say what they want gifted and give the gold to the gm. GM tells the seller to gift X, and the seller informs the gm when its done. The buyer tells the gm the gift was received, and the gm sends the gold to the seller.

Of course this only works if your gm and guild can be trusted.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't really help bring this guy to justice, but in the future use Tamriel Crown Exchange. They can offer a broker and protect against scamming. I really appreciated working with them. You might pay slightly higher exchange rate, but you'll be protected.
    PC/EU DC
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I middleman for my Guilds and for Crown Black Market. It helps take away the stress that you may be getting robbed. Besides some language barriers when I have to use Google translate we never had any issues. Dealing through zone is just adding more risk.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS even added it to the ToS now that exchanging crown gifts for gold is a "buyers beware" market. As mentioned above, don't try to chase after cheap crowns. There are a number of reputable sellers who can minimise the risks. And never arrange trades through non-game means. ZOS made it clear that unless they can verify in-game chat logs, they won't take your word for it.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trading with a unknown person it's highly risky. If the proposed deal sounds too good to be true, that's probably a scam.
    This is why crown trading must be done with reliable sources: friends or guild mates.
    Edited by redlink1979 on July 16, 2019 2:45PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We should have and use Crown Promissory Notes instead https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6125916/#Comment_6125916
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 16, 2019 7:25PM