Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mag Warden Static Rotation (Scalebreaker)

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iron_Blurr wrote: »
    With all the new Magicka DoTs, I’m working on a Warden DPS rotation that can make the best use of them. It seems that there isn’t really room for a spammable, so Deep Fissure will essentially fill this role. Here is what I have so far for a rotation.

Pre-buff with the Netch, then repeat:
    Fissure, Scalding, Swarm
    Fissure, Winter, Blockade
    Fissure, Degen, Bear
    Fissure, Reach, Consuming
    Fissure, Scalding, Swarm
    Fissure, Winter, Blockade
    Fissure, Degen, Netch
    Fissure, Reach, Consuming

It’s really the same 12s rotation twice, just alternating between the Bear ultimate and recasting the Netch on step 9 (or 21). This will be performed with the following bars. These are set up in such a way that all passive buffs are on the front bar (4% Mag and Mag Regen from 2 Mage’s Guild skills, and 8% Damage Done from 4 Animal Companion skills). This is done because 16/24 skills are cast from front bar, so it will be the active bar 2/3 of the time. The damage done on front bar will actually be more than 2/3, since every Deep Fissure will hit while on front bar (just before casting the next one) as well as every active bear attack.

Front
    1. Deep Fissure
    2. Scalding Rune
    3. Fetcher Infection
    4. Degeneration
    5. Blue Betty
    U. Eternal Guardian

Back:
    1. Blockade of Flame
    2. Winter’s Revenge
    3. Flame Reach
    4. Consuming Trap
    5. Dampen Magic
    U. Eternal Guardian

The main thing I’m looking to discuss is the possibility of moving skills around to improve the rotation. The order they are cast is somewhat arbitrary. Fissure must be cast every 3s, or there will not be enough skills to fill the entire rotation (and no bar space to add anything else). I’ve kept it to where back bar skills are used in pairs of 2, filling the space between Fissures, so there is minimal bar swapping involved. I’ve also attempted to start with a good burst by beginning with Fissure (3 sec delay), Scalding (2 sec delay) and Swarm (slight delay from travel time), on the first cast of these skills you can skip Light Attacks and not even engage enemies until all of these attacks land together. I put the Bear in the middle of the rotation (instead of opening with it) because I plan to wear Master Architect with this build, and the Major Slayer proc will be more useful if most of my DoTs are already ticking. With a bear every 24s, the 10s buff should have just over 40% uptime on me and 2 allies. The second gear set I’m planning is Z’en’s to go for a full group buff build, and because this rotation keeps 80-100% uptime on 5 single target DoTs (Swarm, Scalding, Degen, Reach, and Consuming).

I want Blockade to be fairly early in the rotation to gain the Maelstrom Light Attack buff as soon as possible (but I put it after Winter’s because I find Blockade it’s easier to bar swap after). I also need to use Blockade morph over Unstable to keep the Maestrom effect the full 12s, despite the fact that Unstable is higher DPS.

I also tried to keep similar skills paired in the rotation, like my 2 AoE DoTs are cast together. I would like to mirror the feel of each attack on the same bar slot on front and back (Fissure and Blockade are both on 1 and are frontal rectangular areas, ideally Scalding and Winter’s should be on the same key since they are both ground-placed circular abilities, and entropy/swarm would be consuming/reach on back bar). I’m struggling a little to make this work, while keeping the rotation as simple as possible (preferring consecutive key presses and similar patterns over something like 1,4,2,1,5,3,1).

The rotation above is currently:
    1,2,3,1 swap 2,1 swap
    1,4,R,1 swap 3,4 swap
    1,2,3,1 swap 2,1 swap
    1,4,5,1 swap 3,4 swap

It’s not terrible, but I feel like it can be improved before I spend any time trying to commit it to muscle memory. Please discuss, I’d like to hear any ideas on how to make this build/rotation more effective. Thanks.

Try the exact same setup but drop Winters Revenge. Winter tooltip max rank: with 5 pfGod, 5 mothers sorrow and 2 crit Cost=3765 mag. Damage=2044 frost damage every second for 12 seconds.
    With same exact setup. Mystic orbs rank 1: Cost=3138 Damage=1577 damage every HALF second.
    Basically Mystic orbs does more dps by a HUGE margine(50%+) and costs less mag.

Yes, I’ve come to the same conclusion about Winter’s Revenge. At least on Sorc or Necro there’s still a trade off for using Graveyard or Lightning Flood vs Mystic Orb, since they give a unique synergy to teammates. Even Blazing Spear is has some benefits with good passives and Burning Light procs. There’s no redeeming quality on Winter’s Revenge though. Bad damage, bad passives, high cost, relatively small size, weak status effect, and no group utility. It made my list here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/491186/3-underperforming-skills-that-should-be-addressed-in-update-24#latest

What kind of dps were you able to pull on your magden? Race and gear?

@MooseKnuckles88 Best I’ve seen so far is about 91-92k on an Iron Atronach. That’s on Altmer with Ghastly Eyebowl, Siroria, Mother’s Sorrow, Zaan, and Shadow Mundus. I also had to shorten the rotation to 10s to get that, so that Swarm, Consuming, Orb, and Reach don’t fall off for 2s. Only able to fit 3 Shalks per rotation, along with 7 DoTs (Scalding, Reach, Degen, Consuming, Fetcher, Unstable Wall, and Mystic Orb), and casting the Netch and the Bear in place of a Deep Fissure when they are needed.

Still some room for improvement, and I’d really like to get the Bear worked into a static rotation. The main problem with this is that it isn’t always ready at 20s, and a 24s rotation has proven to be a DPS loss. I’m going to try working on a static 21-22s rotation next, since the Bear should fit nicely into that, and it’s close to the duration of most DoTs.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on September 12, 2019 2:14PM
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, i was curious. The best I've done was 90k on console with a Liko inspired rotation but using mystic orbs over winters revenge on a Altmer. I desperately tried to make my Breton work but I could not get much beyond 87k no matter how hard I tried. I haven't caught on to the bash weaving sensation yet, and being on console, I just really don't wanna make things more complicated for myself. Just about every 90k dps magden parse I've seen on YouTube has been Altmer as well. Maybe one Dunmar, but not sure
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, i was curious. The best I've done was 90k on console with a Liko inspired rotation but using mystic orbs over winters revenge on a Altmer. I desperately tried to make my Breton work but I could not get much beyond 87k no matter how hard I tried. I haven't caught on to the bash weaving sensation yet, and being on console, I just really don't wanna make things more complicated for myself. Just about every 90k dps magden parse I've seen on YouTube has been Altmer as well. Maybe one Dunmar, but not sure

@MooseKnuckles88 I actually prefer Breton since the racial passive rebalance. Altmer is the only race with 1 of their 3 passives completely useless (maybe tied with Bosmer’s roll dodge passive). I just haven’t bothered with a race change on my Warden yet.

I have not tested this on Warden specifically, but I bet Breton would do well with a rotation that other races cannot sustain. Maybe something like:

Fissure, Scalding, Swarm, Degen, swap
    Consuming, Reach, swap
    Fissure, swap
    Orb, Winter, Unstable, swap

Add in the Bear and the Netch on cooldown.

I know this would require some sustain investment on Altmer and Dunmer, negating any DPS benefit from using multiple high-cost skills. It also leaves no flex spots for shields or passives, but should result in fairly high DPS on Breton.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on September 13, 2019 12:00AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refined my rotation a little more, going to call it good for now at 95k. Not sure if mag warden can do much better than this with a static rotation, but still open to any ideas to make it happen.

Rotation is:
    Deep Fissure, Scalding Rune, Fetcher Infection, Degeneration, Deep Fissure, swap
    Consuming Trap, Flame Reach, swap, Deep Fissure, swap, Mystic Orb, Unstable Wall, swap

Replace one Deep Fissure with the Bear or the Netch whenever they are off cooldown. There's one flex spot, where I currently have Inner Light slotted, which can be used for a shield or utility skill as needed.

image.png
    image.png

Definitely a good candidate for Z'en's, looking at the uptimes on the 5 single target DoTs, and not bad Burning uptime to bridge any gaps.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on September 13, 2019 7:37AM
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff man! I'll give it another go on my magden if I can tonight using your rotation. I think 3 shalks per rotation is big help. Currently, I'm only getting in 2 per rotation
    Edited by MooseKnuckles88 on September 13, 2019 3:06PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refined my rotation a little more, going to call it good for now at 95k. Not sure if mag warden can do much better than this with a static rotation, but still open to any ideas to make it happen.

Rotation is:
    Deep Fissure, Scalding Rune, Fetcher Infection, Degeneration, Deep Fissure, swap
    Consuming Trap, Flame Reach, swap, Deep Fissure, swap, Mystic Orb, Unstable Wall, swap

Replace one Deep Fissure with the Bear or the Netch whenever they are off cooldown. There's one flex spot, where I currently have Inner Light slotted, which can be used for a shield or utility skill as needed.

image.png
    image.png

Definitely a good candidate for Z'en's, looking at the uptimes on the 5 single target DoTs, and not bad Burning uptime to bridge any gaps.

Practiced it a little more, and this same setup is approaching 97k.

image.png

I saved a log if anyone is interested: https://www.esologs.com/reports/a9jBkhG1rcpA47zq
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭

Rotation is:

image.png
    image.png

image.png

I saved a log if anyone is interested: https://www.esologs.com/reports/a9jBkhG1rcpA47zq

Awesome stuff man, you're not using channeled acceleration or barbed trap? Or am I missing something. And if your not that's cool too, just curious
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rotation is:

image.png
    image.png

image.png

Awesome stuff man, you're not using channeled acceleration or barbed trap? Or am I missing something. And if your not that's cool too, just curious

@MooseKnuckles88 Channeled Accel is definitely a DPS loss. Barbed Trap could be a small gain if used dynamically, replacing one Deep Fissure similar to how Netch and Bear are being used. It would definitely help sustain, but I haven’t tried it with this rotation. Using it every 10s would be a loss, so it can’t be part of the static rotation.

Definitely depends on gear too. My crit on the dummy is high enough that Minor Force would be good, since I have on Mother’s Sorrow and receive Minor Prophecy. However in dungeons and trials I’ll most likely be using some combination of Master Architect, Siroria, and Z’en’s, with no crit bonuses. Even if I use False God’s that’s still pretty low Spell Crit. Adding Barbed Trap would also remove the only flex spot, so no ability to slot a self-heal or shield.
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭

Rotation is:

image.png
    image.png

image.png

@MooseKnuckles88 Channeled Accel is definitely a DPS loss. Barbed Trap could be a small gain if used dynamically, replacing one Deep Fissure similar to how Netch and Bear are being used. It would definitely help sustain, but I haven’t tried it with this rotation. Using it every 10s would be a loss, so it can’t be part of the static rotation.

Definitely depends on gear too. My crit on the dummy is high enough that Minor Force would be good, since I have on Mother’s Sorrow and receive Minor Prophecy. However in dungeons and trials I’ll most likely be using some combination of Master Architect, Siroria, and Z’en’s, with no crit bonuses. Even if I use False God’s that’s still pretty low Spell Crit. Adding Barbed Trap would also remove the only flex spot, so no ability to slot a self-heal or shield.

Well, I'm looking forward to getting back on tonight and trying something new. What race do you have on your magden?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rotation is:

image.png
    image.png

image.png

Well, I'm looking forward to getting back on tonight and trying something new. What race do you have on your magden?

Currently have an Altmer and an Argonian Magden. I wouldn’t really recommend either. Breton is much easier to sustain, and has the bonus Spell Resistance. Even Dunmer is better than Altmer IMO, but those two are very close.