Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 23 - Bug Reports for Multi-Bidding

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing Multi-Bidding with Guild Traders. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be something that is very difficult to give the sort of feedback you want yes.

Firstly the vast majority of traders find the idea appalling.

Secondly trader change only happens once a week.

Thirdly you will never be able to replicate the live trading environment on a test server - nothing like it. People just don't behave the same in a test environment - there is no real risk to any behaviour. The trader system doesn't just run on scripts and code - it runs the way it does because of traveller behaviour.

Please read carefully the volumes of feedback already given and please explain to us how this idea is going to make things better for anyone but the very largest and wealthiest guilds who have the money to spend on multiple bids.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please explain to us how this idea is going to make things better

^This

I have no clue why anybody thinks this change would be good.

This whole thing makes no sense at all.

TherealHämähäkki
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to bid on Guild Traders on PTS today and found that the Guild Trader turnover time has been changed to 12 noon UTC on Mondays (8am EDT). Is this intentional?
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • SteamKitten01
    SteamKitten01
    ✭✭✭
    A copy of my post in the feedback thread:

I was doing some playing around on the PTS with the multi-bidding system and testing out placing more than one bid and noticed when placing identical bids, the order I bid in is not necessarily the order they show up on the bid list. Take the example below with bids # 4-7 for the guild in the image below. All 4 have the same bid but they are not listed in the order the bids were placed. I placed the Alinor bids first and then ported to Belkarth to place bids on traders there. I encountered the same issue when bidding for all 3 of my guilds that bids were not listed in the order they were placed. If I went back and added 1 gold to a bid, the correct bid would jump to the top, but if bids are exactly the same, it seemed to be random which bid was listed at the top of the list.

8r90kblkzmmx.png
    SteamKitten01- GM of The Traveling Torchbug (PC/NA)
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_PhilipDraven, got a few serious problems here.

First of all, the bidding screen has not changed at all.
    DSV0Z.png

It says that the guild has made 7/10 weekly bids, but there is no way from the bid screen to find out where they are. It should be possible to click that 7/10 number and get the Weekly Bids popup. Instead, you have to exit out of the bidding menu, and go to the Guild homepage in order to find out where the bids have already been placed.

Secondly - and this is a serious issue - the order of the bids when sorted by # is NOT correct.
    DSV1b.png

To me, this gives the impression that the Hollow City bid will take precedence over the Rimmen bid. However, I actually went to Rimmen first. Supposedly it is the older bid which will be honoured.

It is only when you sort by "Placed by" that the correct order of the bids is shown:
    DSV1i.png

This needs to be fixed because it will cause a great deal of confusion, especially if a guild has more than one person responsible for making bids.

Thirdly, there is a formatting issue. Bids above a million gold are missing the "gold" symbol. This makes the list look messy, which is particularly apparent when sorted by "Placed by". (This is only true for the PC/Mac interface and not for the gamepad/console interface.)
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Hi @ZOS_PhilipDraven, got a few serious problems here.

First of all, the bidding screen has not changed at all.
    DSV0Z.png

It says that the guild has made 7/10 weekly bids, but there is no way from the bid screen to find out where they are. It should be possible to click that 7/10 number and get the Weekly Bids popup. Instead, you have to exit out of the bidding menu, and go to the Guild homepage in order to find out where the bids have already been placed.

I second this a million times over. The menu with the list of bids needs to be available from the bid menu itself.
    Secondly - and this is a serious issue - the order of the bids when sorted by # is NOT correct.
    DSV1b.png

To me, this gives the impression that the Hollow City bid will take precedence over the Rimmen bid. However, I actually went to Rimmen first. Supposedly it is the older bid which will be honoured.

My understanding is that it's the highest, oldest bid, but the way this UI is laid out leads to confusion.
    It is only when you sort by "Placed by" that the correct order of the bids is shown:
    DSV1i.png

What if someone places a bid after you, but with an @name that begins with A? My guess is that sorting by "placed by" will cause their bid to jump to the top of the list. Again, this creates confusion. This interface needs to be sortable by time placed as its own column. What I see here is an unfinished and unclear UI that creates confusion, while the calls have been put in place for an addon to be created to replace that UI. Please don't force people to make addons to fix UI issues that need access to guild history. Given the issues with addons of this nature currently, putting the community in a place where making more is necessary is folly.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_PhilipDraven oh goodness, I logged into the PTS today to check the progress of the bids I made yesterday and... I have no idea? Three identical messages with no real content:
    DThnP.png

A lot of the players who bid on Guild Traders have bid access for multiple guilds. If you are dedicated to being logged in at Guild Trader turnover time, then it's not uncommon for friends to give you bid access for their guilds just in case they can't be present one week. Not only do I regularly place Bids for my own guild (UESP) and occasionally Hire Guild Traders for other guilds, I sometimes even have to Bid for another guild if the GM is having internet problems or family issues.

Therefore I've been complaining for months how you need to add the name of the Guild into these mails (it is very confusing when you receive one mail to tell you that your Guild won the bid and another to tell you that your Guild failed the bid).

But now, with the change to multi-bidding, this is even more confusing. WHICH of my bids did the guild win? Was it the Trader we really wanted, or one of the backups? There's no way to tell.

NA-only characters:
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [picture snipped]

My understanding is that it's the highest, oldest bid, but the way this UI is laid out leads to confusion.

Yes, I agree. Sorry, I was working on the assumption that my guild had been outbid in Rawl'kha, Mournhold and Stormhold, but had the highest bid in both the Hollow City and Rimmen. In that situation, where you have won with the same amount in multiple locations, it should be the older of the two bids which is honoured - i.e. Rimmen, which is where I went first.

I guess in order to test this properly, I'll have to make sure to bid at EACH location with the same amount.

NA-only characters:
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite concerned about how little testing Multi-Bidding has had. Two weeks in a row, you have left NA characters on the server when we were expecting to have had EU copies. Between that unexpected change and moving the Guild Trader turnover time to Monday at noon UTC (8 am EDT - right in the middle of server maintenance), most of us haven't been able to test it beyond the first week.

NA-only characters:
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please push the update for the 10x bidding off until the next dlc. Besides, this update not being good for the economy, it isn't up to standards for release. We haven't been able to test it enough, and there may be better options available down the road.
    Edited by Arrodisia on August 5, 2019 11:11PM
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JUST STOP MULTI BIDDING NOW
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*