The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Jewelry Crafting Master Writ Improvements

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    lillybit wrote: »
    And about that drop rate on deconning. I know mats are supposed to be rare but if you're only going to get a single grain, at least make it guaranteed. At the moment you have to decon 20-30 items for a single plating. That's 80-120 vet trials to upgrade a single piece to gold (assuming you have enough Zircon!).

The drop rate on decons is actually 75% with 3/3 in the passive. (Source: My data from deconning around 500 purple jewellery items.) It's been a very long time since I did probability calculations, but I think that means it should be an average of 13-14 items per plating.

If it's taking you 20-30 decons to make one plating, check that you do have 3/3 for Jewelry Extraction.

I definitely have all passives, I have done from day two (download took too long first day :D), but I still haven't had one zircon drop for 5 or 6 tries now. I can't actually remember the last time I had enough to make a whole plating.

Your drop rate is significantly better than mine if you're getting 75% but maybe the difference is in how many you're deconning at one time.

I only decon purple or gold with my main most of the time (the others go towards levelling up my next crafter - who won't have the passives so haven't looked at their drop rate) and I will normally only do them a few at a time, usually no more than 5. I've almost never got better that 50% and some times I'm lucky to get anything. If I saved them and did dozens at I time I might see an improvement but I'm a massive hoarder and have storage issues :D

Plus, assuming you're deconning all qualities, are you getting 75% across the board or is that just how many purple/gold you end up with? It could be that you've been lucky and had more higher quality ones drop and less green and blue, bringing that 75% down.
    PS4 EU
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    And about that drop rate on deconning. I know mats are supposed to be rare but if you're only going to get a single grain, at least make it guaranteed. At the moment you have to decon 20-30 items for a single plating. That's 80-120 vet trials to upgrade a single piece to gold (assuming you have enough Zircon!).

The drop rate on decons is actually 75% with 3/3 in the passive. (Source: My data from deconning around 500 purple jewellery items.) It's been a very long time since I did probability calculations, but I think that means it should be an average of 13-14 items per plating.

If it's taking you 20-30 decons to make one plating, check that you do have 3/3 for Jewelry Extraction.

I definitely have all passives, I have done from day two (download took too long first day :D), but I still haven't had one zircon drop for 5 or 6 tries now. I can't actually remember the last time I had enough to make a whole plating.

Your drop rate is significantly better than mine if you're getting 75% but maybe the difference is in how many you're deconning at one time.

I only decon purple or gold with my main most of the time (the others go towards levelling up my next crafter - who won't have the passives so haven't looked at their drop rate) and I will normally only do them a few at a time, usually no more than 5.
    That might be the issue. I do them en masse. Just deconned 26 purples and got 18 Zircon Grains, which is 69% - but another time I could decon 26 purples and get 21 Zircon Grains.

If I saved them and did dozens at I time I might see an improvement but I'm a massive hoarder and have storage issues :disappointed:
    Any jewellery I get that isn't bound goes into mails of 6 to a friend, who bounces them back. It's not uncommon for me to have 8 bounce mails containing 6 purple items each sitting in my Inbox. Much better than 48 individual mails which would block other players from sending me mail.

Plus, assuming you're deconning all qualities, are you getting 75% across the board or is that just how many purple/gold you end up with? It could be that you've been lucky and had more higher quality ones drop and less green and blue, bringing that 75% down.
    It's 75% for both blue and purple. I do a load of the same colour together - 20 to 100+ depending on how lucky I've been with cheap jewellery at the Guild stores.

Haven't deconned enough greens or golds to know about those, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 75% across the board.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would agree that Zircon is the pain point as other have said.

Why?

1. When they "halved" the number of plating required. Terne went from 2->1 (50% reduction), Iridium 3->2 (33% reduction), Zircon 4->3 (25% reduction), and Platinum 8->4 (50% reduction). So, Zircon got the smallest reduction leading to a shortage of materials.

2. No Jewelry Hireling. I regularly get purple materials from my Blacksmithing/Clothing/Woodworking hirelings. I also regularly get raw materials from the hireling, which I can then refine for more improvement materials. Not so with Jewelry.

3. Lesser drops of purple jewelry vs purple gear. In vet dungeons each boss drops a purple body piece, which can be deconned. Only the final boss drops jewelry OR a weapon, so less supply of purple materials for Jewelry crafting (also why Woodworking has a much, much smaller "pinch point" at purple, it's harder to get purple WW drops than BS/Cloth)

Suggestions:
    1. Revert back to requiring 2-3-4-8 to upgrade jewelry pieces, BUT reduce the number of grains needed to make a plating from 10 to 5. This would leave Terne and Chromium untouched, but help to alleviate the "Zircon Crunch"

2. Add in a jewelry hireling. It's a "hard" craft, just like BS/Cloth/WW... make it the same in that regard. ZoS' reasoning for not having an Alchemy hireling was that there was nothing "special" that you could get from it (no purple/gold "mats"), Jewelry does have "special" items.. so it should have a hireling by that logic.

I am perfectly fine with the rationale that "Jewelry crafting is unique" that it should be somewhat more difficult to obtain the jewelry crafting materials. You need less of them (only wear 3 pieces, versus 9 to 11 of the others), it's jewelry rather than clothing. Purple is more than adequate for 99.99% of the content (Blue for 98% of content). But there is an artificial pinch point in the process that should be fixed.

Have that "scarcity" in the 5:1 grains, and the lesser drops of jewelry versus other materials.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Suggestions:
    1. Revert back to requiring 2-3-4-8 to upgrade jewelry pieces, BUT reduce the number of grains needed to make a plating from 10 to 5. This would leave Terne and Chromium untouched, but help to alleviate the "Zircon Crunch"

Have that "scarcity" in the 5:1 grains, and the lesser drops of jewelry versus other materials.

Halve scarcity but double requirements... wouldn't that just put us back where we are?

4 plates @ 5 grains = 20 grains
    2 plates @ 10 grains = 20 grains

Although reducing scarcity might change guild store prices.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Suggestions:

Halve scarcity but double requirements... wouldn't that just put us back where we are?

You currently use 3 plates of Zircon to upgrade = 3 x 10 = 30 grains
    New plan would use 4 plates of Zircon to upgrade = 4 x 5 = 20 grains

33% reduction in materials used for Zircon.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestions:

You currently use 3 plates of Zircon to upgrade = 3 x 10 = 30 grains
    New plan would use 4 plates of Zircon to upgrade = 4 x 5 = 20 grains

33% reduction in materials used for Zircon.

I think reduction to 5 grains would be a brilliant solution - I've said before that requiring 5 grains with the current 1/2/3/4 system it would be the perfect balance of scarcity and accessibility (at the moment I can upgrade a set to gold in about the time between updates, about 3 months, without going out of my way to spend days farming and buying gold mats. I think that's too long given the very real chance that it'll be nerfed in the next patch or replaced with a new BiS set. You should have a chance to at least use it after taking that long to upgrade it!)

Going back to 2/3/4/8 would still make it better for lower improvement grades tho and still keep gold at the same rarity, which I think is what they're most concerned about, so would be a good compromise.

Unfortunately I don't see them changing the grains system ever, tho I hope I'm wrong!
    PS4 EU
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the changes that need to be made to make it even close to worthwhile...

1. Deconstruction of jewelry needs to give either multiple grains (rather than the chance of just one). RNG = more or less grains with a maximum of a full plating.
    2. Grains/Plating rewards in normal jewelry writs - the higher the writ you do, the higher the grade of upgrade material.
    3. Trait stones need to be able to be gotten from deconstruction... ALL traits stones... And let us deconstruct the purple research jewelry too!!! Exclusively hiding trait stones behind specific activities/merchants is making the master writs completely worthless... especially Swift!! I mean, swift you nerfed so badly it doesn't even need to be hard to get the trait stone anymore!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The recent PTS patch removed swift from master writs, so that's something.

The issue I have with JC master writs is that I'm still trying to build up my stash of mats. When master writs were first introduced, many of us were sitting on a decent supply of surplus mats and the mat sink made sense. It doesn't make sense with JC since there is not a surplus of mats for us to waste using them in Master Writs, no matter how much they are worth. I have done exactly 2 JC master writs, and they were legendary, swift. Yes, swift, since at legendary the voucher cost of the trait stone appeared to be factored in. They were easily worth 100 vouchers more than harmony/bloodthirsty/triune. I've heard that infused is worth a lot, but I've never gotten a legendary infused to compare with swift. And, I did legendary since my bottleneck is zircon, so if I'm going to have to use zircon platings, it's much better to use them in a legendary piece where I'll get a lot more vouchers. And, I still have about double the chromium plating vs. zircon, since chromium drops from daily JC writs.

JC still remains of little use outside of upgrading/transmuting dropped pieces. Actually crafting jewelry still remains far too expensive.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plates are too much precious to waste them on writs even on blue ones, sorry.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As many others have said the issue is not the reward or the cost, but the supply. You could make the jewelry crafting writs half the cost per voucher of the others crafts, and a lot people still wouldn't do them, because there are more important uses for the limited supply. Until the supply issue is addressed jewelry crafting writs will not be worth doing. Every change you make in an effort to fix this while avoiding the real issue will just make it worse. Either the supply needs to be increased or the writs need to be removed in favor of other rewards.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the "new" jewelry crafting writs are in on the PTS, and we don't have to do writs to get them. I decided to do some testing. Rather than just copy all of them over, I put the relevant information in a spreadsheet and copied that to here. These are based on current prices on Live on PC/NA. I'm in 3 fairly large trade guilds in various locations, so I think my MM pricing data is moderately accurate.

DcNSrpI.jpg

Link to the spreadsheet on Google Sheets

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L5N8aThBNQFG87psmtKrEvrw_dm27NmA/view?usp=sharing

In conclusion. Triune are not worth doing (they're like Hakeijo/Perfect Roe one)

Blue will be worth doing.. and depending on the drop rates, I might be able to sustain doing blue from the grains I get from refining the materials from the surveys I get from Jewelry on 36 characters... maybe

Purple might be plausible (However, I believe with limited supply, if people are doing master jewelry writs, there will be more demand, with no change in supply, so prices will go up)

Gold still seem like they aren't worth doing. Yet, substantially better than they were before.
    Edited by tmbrinks on July 22, 2019 10:08PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DcNSrpI.jpg

Looks like gold writs cost maybe 200/voucher less than live for the top reward ones.
    So if you're just looking for 1100 writs to get your storage boxes, forget Blacksmithing / Clothing / Woodworking. The qualifying time for jewelry is much faster and you're done in two writs.

Research time and potential motif costs are hidden cost/voucher for the other crafts.
    IF (big IF) plating cost doesn't rise to match the new payouts (and I wouldn't be surprised if people pulled their auctions the night before changes go live), then we're starting on a new problem -- Jewelry writs being too good.

Voucher payout inflation is not the answer.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 23, 2019 1:34AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IF (big IF) plating cost doesn't rise to match the new payouts

After analyzing these numbers, you can be sure it will rise because jewelry master writs will be better to craft.

Edited by redlink1979 on July 23, 2019 1:20PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    Until the grain system is gone and jewelry crafting falls in line with the other crafting skills I won't be doing the jewelry MWs.
    Currently the only value to me with the JC system is being able to change the traits.
    MinnesotaKid

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now that the "new" jewelry crafting writs are in on the PTS, and we don't have to do writs to get them. I decided to do some testing. Rather than just copy all of them over, I put the relevant information in a spreadsheet and copied that to here. These are based on current prices on Live on PC/NA. I'm in 3 fairly large trade guilds in various locations, so I think my MM pricing data is moderately accurate.

DcNSrpI.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L5N8aThBNQFG87psmtKrEvrw_dm27NmA/view?usp=sharing

In conclusion. Triune are not worth doing (they're like Hakeijo/Perfect Roe one)

Blue will be worth doing.. and depending on the drop rates, I might be able to sustain doing blue from the grains I get from refining the materials from the surveys I get from Jewelry on 36 characters... maybe

Purple might be plausible (However, I believe with limited supply, if people are doing master jewelry writs, there will be more demand, with no change in supply, so prices will go up)

Gold still seem like they aren't worth doing. Yet, substantially better than they were before.

Seems so much wrong pricing on plating and traits, there shall be no Voucher cost to include as you should earn or if doing other writs then clearly have to pay for them.

Use TTC for average pricing. Current writs are profitable and any further buff will negatively effect on ESO economy.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 23, 2019 2:31PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »

DcNSrpI.jpg

Seems so much wrong pricing on plating and traits, there shall be no Voucher cost to include as you should earn or if doing other writs then clearly have to pay for them.

Use TTC for average pricing. Current writs are profitable and any further buff will negatively effect on ESO economy.

TTC is listed prices... not actual sales. All of the values I used for the cost of materials encompass hundreds of sales over the past few weeks. They may not be the same as yours. On the top, the cost listed is for 1 Terne, 2 Iridium, 3 Zircon, and 4 Chromium... I just factored it into that initial calculation at the top, since that's what you'll use for completing the writ.

Guess you need proof of the costs... (and yes, they might be slightly different than what I used to do calculations yesterday... they change!) I'd say the data I have is pretty damn robust.
    IxZA99a.jpg

Current Jewelry Crafting Master writs are profitable? That is completely and utterly false. The "best" of the current ones on Live are a 9-trait, infused purple ring for 115 vouchers... which comes out over 900g/voucher to craft. You can't sell anything from the writ voucher vendor for 900g/voucher. Average pricing for items sold from the vendor are between 650-700g/voucher.

Again, all of this is on PC/NA. If you're on a different server, you may have different numbers. I very, very clearly stated that I was on that server.

I didn't include any voucher cost whatsoever in the calculations. Just the cost to craft.

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    Current writs are profitable and any further buff will negatively effect on ESO economy.

And maybe this is also why ZOS is having a hard time with the numbers on the writs.
    Vouchers are just the gatekeeper that makes voucher items "exclusive".
    I really doubt ZOS's main concern with how they reward writs is based on the profitability of reselling stuff from that store. All that is really our problem and how we have priced things in Guild Stores.

They are really doing us a favour trying to make jewelry writs "profitable" when it's a problem we made ourselves. Honestly if changes are going to possibly make things worse, they should just leave it and we should just suck it up.
    They didn't price plating in Guild Stores. They didn't set the gold-voucher exchange for items coming out of the voucher store. These are things the players did -- and therefore the players can change.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 23, 2019 4:31PM
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    These adjustments are all fairly meaningless until the base system is addressed.

Imagine I decon a gold non-jewellery item. I can get 1 gold temper back when I decon, or 1/8th the requirements for a new gold piece. If I decon jewels, I can get 1 GRAIN back, or 1/40th the requirement for upgrading a purple piece of jewellery.

Now, whilst I understand JC was intended to maintain the relevance of gold trial jewellery and prevent people avoiding hard content to get top rewards, this makes the economic viability of crafted sets worse and means that these writs will never be worth doing. I have to have 300k+ upfront to do some writs if I don’t have mats. I get back a marginal gain which I won’t see for days. Instead of other master writs which I can race through, bank and make quick money on.
    Edited by highkingnm on July 24, 2019 1:42PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 24, 2019 1:01AM
  • RedBull_IR
    RedBull_IR
    ✭✭

Chromium might be a stretch but Zircon would be nice in place of it.

Really anything that addresses scarcity at this point would be a welcomed change.
    Edited by RedBull_IR on July 24, 2019 1:26AM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Crafting Forum disagrees about Chromium being rare or overpriced? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6233830

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Crafting Forum disagrees about Chromium being rare or overpriced? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6233830

You can include me in that camp. I think the rarity of Chromium is about right... it's Zircon that's the issue, as I noted in an earlier comment in this thread.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can include me in that camp. I think the rarity of Chromium is about right... it's Zircon that's the issue, as I noted in an earlier comment in this thread.

There's certainly competition for Zircon between Epic and Legendary writs. The wider use of plating to upgrade jewelry for use instead of writ turn-in means there's little sense using Zircon unless you're going all the way to Chromium.
    But with just Master Writs, using Zircon for Epic means potentially not enough supply for Legendary.

Doing too many Epics means your Chromium will be "more" simply because you haven't used it.
    So Legendary Writs need to be more rewarding than Epics. But that could also mean Epic Writs get trashed while waiting for a Legendary one. And you can wait because your supply of plating is scarce enough as it is.

Tweaking the rates I feel are a risky move that can be hard to roll back (and complicated by people willing to run a lot of alts for daily writs), so I think a vendor is still the best way to go.

Reducing Zircon cost is also an interesting move as you suggested above. Maybe no need to even upset the 10:1 ratio, just change the Plating Expertise progression so that at maximum you use 2 instead of 3. I'm not sure it helps with overall profitability of doing writs however. Might just lead to people dumping Legendary and just doing Epic.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 25, 2019 1:22AM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, the drop rates from refining are IDENTICAL to the other crafts.

Let me change that to "availability of full unit".

For jewelry plating I have less than 10% of the gold tempers in the other crafts. AND in those crafts I even give away some or trade away some or use to craft multiple master writs or upgrade my gear. I have never bought any gold tempers. Period.
    To date I have done only 1 Legendary Jewelry Writ and my count is still stupidly low.

By "drop rate" I don't mean any particular source. I mean ability to procure full units.

I certainly understand. ZOS is on record as saying they wanted Jewelry crafting to be "special". Whatever that means to them. That said...

1) Competition from the Golden Vendor.... ZOS isn't going to want drop rates to be so high that it makes the golden worthless (more so than it already is). They need it as an AP sink, and less, a gold sink

2) There is less "need" for jewelry improvement materials. A full build only uses 3 pieces of jewelry, whereas you have 9-11 pieces of the others for a full build (depending on spec). 12 chromium platings vs. 72-88 for the other crafts. Even taking into account the 10:1 ratio, in a full heavy spec (like a tank) it's 120:72 ratio for Chromium GRAINS to Tempering Alloy... that's hardly outlandish to me.

3) I have only done 2 jewelry crafting master writs. 1 for the dye. and 1 because i was impatient and wanted the 400+ vouchers to complete my personal crafting hall. The rest I don't do because they aren't worth it. I have obtained, however, well over 100 chromium platings from doing writs, collecting surveys dropped from writs and refining. I have not done any dedicated 'farming' for jewelry crafting materials. I have purchased platinum dust, to refine, so that I have enough to do the writs however.

I love this fact ... Collected 100 chromium platings

I'm not a crafter and I can't do gold jewelry not because of the lack of chromium platings ...yes they're hard to get but not impossible

However zircon for the purple platings and what ever the blue ones are ... That's impossible ... I don't seem to have a single source of getting that other than AP for purple jewelry and then deconing and that is too costly for my invested play time

And this is where JC is problematic

It's not the gold cost, but my time cost

If I'm spending more time "earning" my JC mats I'm not actually having fun doing what I enjoy

I can do master writs one in every 4 I get just through normal game play time , JC writs on the other hand I have nearly 200 stored that I can't complete and probably the same again I destroyed

The drop rate on master JC writs V materials seems unbalanced in favour of writs where others crafts are unbalanced in favour of materials meaning I get writs less often, but have the means to complete v JC where I'm over run with writs and no mats to clear even the simplest of them
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having checked the new writs on the PTS, I can say that most of them short of Triune will be worth doing for me (thanks for removing swift BTW)
    but my concern is the same as many others, in that the scarcity of Zircon is what I worry about the most. right now I've got about 48 Zircon in comparison to about 26 Chromium, and so if (when?) I get an excessive influx of purple jewel writs suddenly I'm going to run into the problem of a lack of Zircon.

(this is also actually low-key an issue I am starting to have with purple woodworking writs, although those materials are much more affordable.)

that said, the advent of a JC hireling could potentially alleviate the issue, because for most people it looks like the issue is more the rarity of purple than the rarity of gold, and that many people understand/are fine with the rarity of gold, for the most part.

just my 2¢ on the matter. in summary: Zircon is where JC is getting bottlenecked, and based on that, as well as remarks from other players in this thread/forum, that seems to be where the problem needs to be addressed the most/soonest.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    having checked the new writs on the PTS, I can say that most of them short of Triune will be worth doing for me (thanks for removing swift BTW)
    but my concern is the same as many others, in that the scarcity of Zircon is what I worry about the most. right now I've got about 48 Zircon in comparison to about 26 Chromium, and so if (when?) I get an excessive influx of purple jewel writs suddenly I'm going to run into the problem of a lack of Zircon.

(this is also actually low-key an issue I am starting to have with purple woodworking writs, although those materials are much more affordable.)

that said, the advent of a JC hireling could potentially alleviate the issue, because for most people it looks like the issue is more the rarity of purple than the rarity of gold, and that many people understand/are fine with the rarity of gold, for the most part.

just my 2¢ on the matter. in summary: Zircon is where JC is getting bottlenecked, and based on that, as well as remarks from other players in this thread/forum, that seems to be where the problem needs to be addressed the most/soonest.

euTc2wQ.jpg

Hopefully these changes in this week's patch notes will help that some. Will have to wait and see on the drop rates.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many writs did you do to test, @Zulera301, just out of curiosity?
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    euTc2wQ.jpg

So basically everyone is now a jewelry Hireling. And every account is 1-18 hirelings. Hmm...
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 30, 2019 2:58AM
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    euTc2wQ.jpg

So basically everyone is now a jewelry Hireling. And every account is 1-18 hirelings. Hmm...

It's a good improvement, gonna lower price of these thing little by little.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »
    euTc2wQ.jpg

Aznarb wrote: »
    euTc2wQ.jpg

I honestly, believe between the greater usage we'll see from people doing blue jewelry writs, and the occasional purple, that these two changes, coupled together, will keep supply and demand fairly close, and prices similar to current prices.