The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Banner Does Not Display Maintenance While Logged-In To Forums (Updated 13 July 2019)

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
The next patch or patch maintenance will ONLY be displayed in a forum banner(s) when the page loads and I am not logged-in to that forum.

Using Firefox, when I open a tab for a forum from Categories the forum software displays the forum's main page and shows that I am logged-in. Consequently, the banner on that page will not have any announcement of pending maintenance shown. (I do not know why the forum software apparently automatically signs me in -- perhaps because I am currently logged-in to another forum?)

As far as I can determine, the only resolution is to use the Account Options widget context menu (the last symbol following my account name on the line below the banner) to "Sign Out" of any one forum. When I do that, the forum software loads the Forums home page, on which it will display any available announcement of pending patch maintenance (during which the megaserver will be offline).

However, this is a very clumsy method for checking whether any maintenance is pending. If I want to view the forum which Firefox previously displayed on the tab, then I must select it from the set shown on the Forums home page, and sign-in again after it fetches that forum's main page.

Please correct the behavior of the forum software to display the announcement of the next patch or patch maintenance when the player reloads the page, regardless of whether the player is logged-in to the forum. It used to work that way, but it doesn't work that way now.

Thank-you for your time and attention to this matter.

@ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

UPDATE: the culprit evidently is that when I "sign-in" to a forum, the displayed dialog has the "Keep me signed-in" enabled by default. If I do not uncheck it, then I will never see another forum banner announcement of pending patch maintenance, or of an announcement that new software is available for examination on the PTS. IMHO, the default for that feature should be unchecked. Either that, or restore the display of banner announcements when the player reloads the page.

Edited by Shadowshire on July 13, 2019 7:19AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi