Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Possible Future Zone Expansions

Breakinger
Breakinger
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone! so this is my first post and I wanted to ask the community what you think we'll see in future? what regions we'll explore next and how will we experience them? (PvE, PvP).
I drew my own take on this matter over the map from Game-Maps.com. Let me know what do you think of this and share your own thoughts on the future.
oq3tyd1qfb831.png

The spoiler on map: I also think there could be the same update as I showed on Nebany area. Colovian Estates that is.
About Black Marsh, I don't think they'll do a major update in near future for this region due to Murkmire being fairly fresh. Same with the Morrowind. But hey, I might be wrong (And I'm surely am knowing ZOS).
Also, edit that Skyrim update might come in 2021 instead due to 10 years anniversary.
Edited by ZOS_GabeS on March 25, 2021 1:59PM
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a few things missing here, namely akavir and lyg. Both continents are very possible for zone content + story even if lyg is techinically not in the same "dimension" as Tamriel (lyg is basically parallel Tamriel)

Quote from the wiki to explain it a bit better:

"Lyg, also known as the Adjacent Place, is a parallel version of Tamriel which can only be reached by sliding sideways in some unusual manner, only being entered through its "non-cardinal" directions. The realm was said to have been created during a strange occurrence in which Nirn was folded up, with Tamriel leaving a klecksographic imprint of itself in some unknown location, that being Lyg. Everything vaguely associated with Tamriel is, in turn, related to Lyg in some way. Lyg is said by Vivec to be an illusion of "the vocal or the middle realms of thought."

It is also considered to be the birth place of what we know as molag bal today, the "ruddy man" originally and mehrunes dagon thanks to meridia doing meridia things and it backfiring.

So overall its an interesting place we could visit.

Akavir also has a lot of potential as there are multiple races there that have never been seen before in a modern visuals.

There are also many many many daedric realms to visit still especially ones like apocrapha which is the realm of Hermaus Mora and various other large daedric realms. We've already sort of been too nocturnals realm as well so.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a similar thread, maybe you can catch up on some ideas there:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/480473/chapter-iv-whats-coming-after-elsweyr#latest

I expect an Imperial Chapter (Nibenay) next and Skyrim for 2021.
    Edited by Seraphayel on July 5, 2019 10:43PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    There is a few things missing here, namely akavir and lyg. Both continents are very possible for zone content + story even if lyg is techinically not in the same "dimension" as Tamriel (lyg is basically parallel Tamriel)

"Lyg, also known as the Adjacent Place, is a parallel version of Tamriel which can only be reached by sliding sideways in some unusual manner, only being entered through its "non-cardinal" directions. The realm was said to have been created during a strange occurrence in which Nirn was folded up, with Tamriel leaving a klecksographic imprint of itself in some unknown location, that being Lyg. Everything vaguely associated with Tamriel is, in turn, related to Lyg in some way. Lyg is said by Vivec to be an illusion of "the vocal or the middle realms of thought."

It is also considered to be the birth place of what we know as molag bal today, the "ruddy man" originally and mehrunes dagon thanks to meridia doing meridia things and it backfiring.

Akavir also has a lot of potential as there are multiple races there that have never been seen before in a modern visuals.

There are also many many many daedric realms to visit still especially ones like apocrapha which is the realm of Hermaus Mora and various other large daedric realms. We've already sort of been too nocturnals realm as well so.

Let’s finish Tamriel first please.
  • Eraldus
    Eraldus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope we get a Dawnguard or Knights of Stendarr themed DLC that adds a new skill line based on these factions, and that also adds spears and a skill tree dedicated for them.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know they have the original adventure zone Murkmire planned out but I don't think that is anytime soon.

They have that Riverwood area but my guess is on a Skyrim 2021 release for the anniversary year, again it will be a year long story.

Sai Sahan coming back into the game could mean we are also heading to Hammerfell soon too.

But they also have other Cryodiil zones already planned too back during when Dark Brotherhood was released and they have talked about ending the Three Banners War for a long time so it's possible next year could be a massive year long story ending the current war and starting a new war. God they need it and maybe this is part of their massive performance improvement system they have spoken about it.

Hopefully during Southern Elsweyr we get a small glimpse! :)

PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a very large zone with a minimal amount of Wayshrines, where the enemies get progressively harder the further away you get from home base. It should allow 1-50 characters to explore about 1/3rd of the zone worry-free, CP1-CP811 characters 2/3rds, but the final third is dangerous even for maxed-out toons.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

Let’s finish Tamriel first please.

Well yes of course but a lot of people also seem to think that it will end with just Tamriel - and have no idea about lyg and akavir at all. This is why I pointed it out.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eraldus wrote: »
    I just hope we get a Dawnguard or Knights of Stendarr themed DLC that adds a new skill line based on these factions, and that also adds spears and a skill tree dedicated for them.

I am unsure how they can work dawnguard in to be honest. At least a skill line, as a story it can be done but people would probably want a skill line too and with us already having the anti-undead skill line through FG idk...
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Skyrim expansion will come in 2021 for the original game’s 10th anniversary.

Considering all the mountains in Skyrim and the fact that Eastmarch, The Rift, Falkreath and Riverwood are already completed, I’d say the expansion would not be split up into two separate expansions and will be just one. My money is on ZOS releasing a smaller part of Skyrim (eg, Winterhold and the surrounding areas) as a small DLC Q2/Q3 and then release the rest of Skyrim on 11/11/21.

I think in 2020 we’ll be getting either east or west Cyrodil and Hammerfell in 2023.

I’m a bit concerned with what’s left. Expansions are the biggest market for ESO and Black Marsh has space for 2 expansions. But I don’t see people being that bothered with Black Marsh, especially after Murkmire being fresh.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to necro this thread, but I'd like to hear an update from the OP now that we know what's coming in 2021.

They updated this map already:

ESO-World-Map-Tamriel.webp?v=20210127

(I think this map is fantastic)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is I the only one getting issues with the holes in the map: West of the rift, between northern and southern Elsweyr east of Wrothgar
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen others complain about those but they are simply just areas reserved for future expansions. Most likely so they can do Khajiit, Orc/Reach flavored DLCs again, instead of writing themselves in a corner like they did with the Altmer, Bosmer and Breton.

I'm personally more bothered by the botched, inaccurately drawn/placed provinces, like Craglorn, Cyrodiil, Eastmarch-Rift.
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    Although I am a fan of Cyrodiil, I would love to see Falkreath and Whiterun added in Skyrim. Blackwood will be released in June since it's the anniversary of TES IV Oblivion. But they already said that the Q4 DLC will be related to the Deadlands and Skyrim 10th anniversary will be in november.

So my guess would be that the future DLCs in 2022 will be Skyrim related. So, probably Whiterun, since it's the most popular hold in the province.

High Rock, Valenwood, Summerset and Elswyr (althought that gap between regions needs to be fixed) are all the complete provinces, which leaves us with: Hammerfell, Skyrim, Morrowind, Cyrodiil and Black Marsh unfinished. I would say Morrowind is 80% complete; Black Marsh doesn't have that much attention to get a DLC in the near future; the rest of Hammerfell is mainly desert so nothing much to add for now; that only leave us with Cyrodiil and Skyrim. They already made Blackwood Chapter, so Skyrim is the best guess. Unless they want to focus in regions without chapters, so the best guesses are Hammerfell and Black Marsh.
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Sorry to necro this thread, but I'd like to hear an update from the OP now that we know what's coming in 2021.

Link to see the map bigger. Plus I think it is awesome too.

https://game-maps.com/ESO/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online.asp

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That strip of land between Wrothgar and Western Skyrim that would be a perfect site for a DLC around the Breton city (and surrounding kingdom) of Jehanna. It would be a good chance for a bit of redemption in showcasing the political intrigue, magical aptitude, and chivalric questing attitude of Breton society that they haven't done the best of demonstrating in the past.

The area's a bit small for a DLC, so they could do something different by putting a public dungeon in the area set in a different part of the Forgotten Vale (for a tiny bit of Snow-Elven lore).

And before someone brings it up, yes, I know about Jehanna docks. Thing is, the docks are too close to that stronghold that they put where Farrun should be to be the actual location of the city of Jehanna (based on previous maps). The city is in actuality a bit more east, lying closer to the border with Skyrim.
    Edited by ealdwin on March 27, 2021 6:25PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting to see what they do with the purified DB sanctuary. The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if they did nothing.

VoHjLnY.jpg
    PC EU
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we have left:

- Hammerfell
    - Highrock
    - Blackmarsh
    - Middle Skyrim
    - Upper Skyrim
    - Middle elsweyr
    - West cyrodil
    - Most of East Cyrodil
    - Solstiem
    - Right Morrowind
    - Velothi mountains
    - Balfeira
    - Telvanni Isles
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What we have left:

- Hammerfell
    - Highrock
    - Blackmarsh
    - Middle Skyrim
    - Upper Skyrim
    - Middle elsweyr
    - West cyrodil
    - Most of East Cyrodil
    - Solstiem
    - Right Morrowind
    - Velothi mountains
    - Balfeira
    - Telvanni Isles

What we have left of Tamriel ... I (as probably many others) do not give up the hope that we will see other corners of Nirn one day.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we have left:

- Hammerfell
    - Highrock
    - Blackmarsh
    - Middle Skyrim
    - Upper Skyrim
    - Middle elsweyr
    - West cyrodil
    - Most of East Cyrodil
    - Solstiem
    - Right Morrowind
    - Velothi mountains
    - Balfeira
    - Telvanni Isles

I would LOVE to see more of Morrowind, including the Telvanni Isles! :love:

Please not more Skyrim for a while as we just had a whole year of that! :persevere:

Based on another’s astute observation (sorry, I cannot remember whose) that the next year’s chapter is mentioned in a first quarter DLC dungeon, I expect that next year may be Blackmarsh. I know this year is also part Argonian-centered, but it’s also Imperial and Deadlands so if it is Blackmarsh, it will probably involve additional elements as well, although I cannot guess what that may be. :)
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I expect that next year may be Blackmarsh.

I can't imagine that, I always get the impression that swamps are not that popular (maybe one of the reasons why we will have also Deadlands this year and not just a larger part of Black Marsh).

• GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    What we have left:

- Hammerfell
    - Highrock
    - Blackmarsh
    - Middle Skyrim
    - Upper Skyrim
    - Middle elsweyr
    - West cyrodil
    - Most of East Cyrodil
    - Solstiem
    - Right Morrowind
    - Velothi mountains
    - Balfeira
    - Telvanni Isles

What we have left of Tamriel ... I (as probably many others) do not give up the hope that we will see other corners of Nirn one day.

Ya I just didnt list the plane of oblivion because there are so many. Also skipped more blackreach
  • Breakinger
    Breakinger
    Soul Shriven
    Considering this thread got somewhat revived, I'd like to add some fuel to fire. After getting Blackwood and knowing that Q4 zone will be Deadlands, similar to Coldharbour, the logical conclusion for next year's expansion would be Hammerfell. This year both Imperials and Argonians got the love along with Daedra. But if they'll skip the region, it could be because they either are trying to save up hype because TES6 is going to be in Hammerfell or they will do other regions first. Yeah, they could go back to Morrowind considering it's been years since Morrowind chapter. Skyrim is most likely skip due to it being too fresh and Black Marsh is less likely.

I think they probably could not do next chapter on Tamriel at all. They could move to Oblivion and have one filler chapter (until they'll do Hamerfell or Morrowind) or they could do something else. Best possible, non-Tamrielic region would be Pyandonea
    10whepe7vu0r.png
    Considering that we already have models for Sea elves, quests and some lore for them, we could assume they would like to expand on those mysterious Mers bit more. This will also expand on Altmers and probably on Bosmers too.

Other candidate for possible chapter could be Roscrea. An Island between Atmora and Tamriel. We don't know how big it is but we know it is populated and in future will be conquered by the Empire.
    y48xpwzaaae5.png
    Not necessarily region for chapter but Q4 too. Possible expedition to Atmora as very small zone like Psijic Island or Eyevea.

If ZOS gonna touch on Redguards but not Hammerfell itself, then other candidate for it could be Broken continent of Yokuda. It still exists and is very, very unknown continent to us.kt0r7ifopli4.png
    As list goes one, least likely regions I'm listing lol.

The less likely places we're gonna see are Akavir, Aldmeris or even Lyg. I always considered Akavir as plan B for Bethesda when they'll run out regions on Tamriel. Plus, Not knowing something is best part of the mystery.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Love this map too. It's funny to see that 2 regions were guessed from OP from 2019 ( skyrim and blackwood) and if next year we get hammerfell, he/she would have guessed it all right haha.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on June 3, 2021 2:12PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!