The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bot question in Glister Vale Auridon

Durnik
Durnik
✭✭✭
Out doing surveys this evening and I happened to run past 2 bots running around. I followed them into the "Glister Vale" in Auridon. There are at least 10 of them all in a bunch running around. I reported as many as I could but its hard to focus them with the pets and the fact they are all right on top of each other. So my question is... If I report a few of them will the others be caught because they are with them? This particular area is always a hotbed for bots every time I run into it.

Incident numbers 190702-006728, 006723, 006715, 006713, 006704 are the ones I put in just tonight.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durnik wrote: »
    Out doing surveys this evening and I happened to run past 2 bots running around. I followed them into the "Glister Vale" in Auridon. There are at least 10 of them all in a bunch running around. I reported as many as I could but its hard to focus them with the pets and the fact they are all right on top of each other. So my question is... If I report a few of them will the others be caught because they are with them? This particular area is always a hotbed for bots every time I run into it.

Incident numbers 190702-006728, 006723, 006715, 006713, 006704 are the ones I put in just tonight.

AFAIK, you have to report them all. I have this gut feeling that an automated tool takes the account name that is reported and passes that information along as a "tally mark". The text of the report is available, if they want to look, but why should they?

Based on a phrasing from Jessica a few years ago, I have to wonder whether the deciding factor is how many "tally marks" an account gets. At a certain amount, someone takes a closer look.

Along these lines.... OP: Which megaserver and platform?

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA. Forgot that part...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In that case...

@Drummerx04 used to have an add-on that helped with bots. I don't think it is maintained anymore, and I don't know whether it works, but it might still work if out-of-date add-ons are allowed. https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1818-BotScanner2000.html

I have been told that it makes reporting bots very easy and it can pull them out of a bunched up group.

P.S. - I swung by there tonight and there were a couple others in the area. I don't know if they reported them, or not. I counted 11 20 bots. They included a Necromancer, so my guess is that these are players using automation to level up the character while they go do something else.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 3, 2019 3:17AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI... these bots have left Glister Vale. They are now out in the starting zones farming resources.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    I dropped by the vale a couple of more times and used that bot reporting addon. I'm just going to keep reporting them and hope for the best.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    7 new ones in the vale reported. I did not recognize these accounts. Yet.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durnik wrote: »
    7 new ones in the vale reported. I did not recognize these accounts. Yet.

Someone said that there were new bots there. Two of them got stuck running back and forth between Glister Vale and Mathiisen, where they apparently sell of inventory. I probably should not be saying that as they probably read this thread and are now alerted that their profile needs to be updated. Meh. Bots are stupid and they should know that already.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In that case...

@Drummerx04 used to have an add-on that helped with bots. I don't think it is maintained anymore, and I don't know whether it works, but it might still work if out-of-date add-ons are allowed. https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1818-BotScanner2000.html

I have been told that it makes reporting bots very easy and it can pull them out of a bunched up group.

P.S. - I swung by there tonight and there were a couple others in the area. I don't know if they reported them, or not. I counted 11 20 bots. They included a Necromancer, so my guess is that these are players using automation to level up the character while they go do something else.

@lordrichter it should still work unless something major has been changed around in ZOS's API. I still /lurk around on ESOUI so hopefully someone would let me know that something has broken.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    In that case...

@lordrichter it should still work unless something major has been changed around in ZOS's API. I still /lurk around on ESOUI so hopefully someone would let me know that something has broken.

I'm using it now and it works great. I have to change the subcategory from "other" to "cheating" but I don't think it really matters anyway. Great addon!