Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

WHY ZOS WHY

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    The moment you allow ability swaps in combat, you will get add-ons/macros which automate that change for you.

Then we'll be in a situation where people can run builds with more skills than expected. This is fine, as long as their fix all the locked in combat issues having the same skills locked during a fight isn't an issue.
    @Turelus But it did never work this way. You could only swap abilities "in combat" if you did not take action in combat like doing or taking damage/healing. So the whole point you made is pointless and i actually thought they saw their mistake and did go back to the state it was a few updates ago but they only did it per accident and see it as a bug.

What was wrong about the initial combat system to being able to swap things if you did not take action in a fight for some time?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was the best feature hands down from Elsweyr pts when you was able to mount/change skills/travel after not being damaged or quit doing any damage for a brief period of time, like 10 sec. It made in combat bug almost non existent as you will disengage soon after a tp and was able to change a skill or two while stuck to rapids or in pve from trash setup to single target which should be done in non bugged state anyway (hello vSS, WS etc).
    No fixes for a bug but a "fix" for a go around option that was unable to hurt anyone, glhf.
    Options
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the posts that are like this ''WHY ZOS WHY'', they're amazing
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
    Options
  • Prax3des
    Prax3des
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    This is fine, as long as their fix all the locked in combat issues having the same skills locked during a fight isn't an issue.

You say this like it's a simple fix of a minor bug, not something that's been an issue for at minimum a year and a half of this game's existence.
    PCNA ★ templar apologist, "mercenarial dog"
    JUST SAY NO to faction locks
    Praxedes Amell ~ DC templar
    Arimenta Weiße ~ EP templar
    Cares-About-Map~ EP templar, AR50
    Loraumaire ~ AD templar
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I recall it was the original change to not being able to swap skills in combat that caused the current stuck in combat bug.
    Maybe by them messing with it again stuck in combat will go away? lol
    Options
  • LiamOfElysium
    LiamOfElysium
    ✭✭
    As I recall it was the original change to not being able to swap skills in combat that caused the current stuck in combat bug.
    Maybe by them messing with it again stuck in combat will go away? lol

'fix' one thing, break 50 others
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I said it a while ago, and I'll say it again. At this point, it's just best if Zenimax were to rewrite the in-combat status, because it's clear they have no idea how it works, and so can't fix it in a timely manner. Everything about it sucks, from the fact that you can be put in combat from your friend pulling some trash 20 meters away, to that same friend pulling some trash 200 meters away, and yes, to the fact that it takes so damn long for you to leave combat.

You shouldn't be thrown into combat until you yourself attack something or have taken damage, and you should leave combat if you haven't attacked or taken damage in 15-20 seconds. So many times I've been trying different setups in BGs, die, rez at spawn, start switching gear around quickly, only for a team mate to run off and start fighting, throwing me into combat while I'm missing a few pieces of gear or a few skills.
    Options
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RiP swapping to Negate when I find myself suddenly in combat with a ballgroup in Cyro.
    Hello frustration and annoyance! Oh you never left? Okay, well hello anyway.
    Options
  • YOB
    YOB
    ✭✭✭
    @Turelus it worked properly it's not like you were able to swap skill 5 secs after hitting someone, No, you were able to swap skill after a good 2 minutes at the verry least, they just had to fixe the combat bug, but no... they had to focus on something else that they actually fixed. and ruin it.

At this point a feel like the combat bug is intentional smh...
    31840a518b54a39cc8dd95890c8d2bb0.gif
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the problem. Of course you shouldnt be able to use programs to actively change skills mid combat because the potential for abuse is staggering. That said, you shouldnt get stuck in combat for 30 minutes at a time, and frankly, the later is the more pressing issue.

With the game in it's current state, you should be able to switch skills while in combat. Once they fix the stuck in combat bug, go ahead and remove it.
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have lost count on how many threads there are in the forums complaining about the bugs and performance issues with ESO. Yet nothing has been fixed and a doubt they will be. Heck ZOS rarely even answers questions from players anymore.

Folks the only way to get ZOS's attention is take away their profits. If you have a subscription cancel it. Boycott the crown store and refuse to puchase any expansions or dlc's. In other words don't spend any money on their game. If you still want to play the game play for free. If the game folds well it will be their fault but at least you did not waste any money on it.

Face it their game is broken and it is not getting any better just getting worse. Now I am sure not every player will agree with me but if you play PvP you know exactly what I am talking about.

Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have fixed this bug a few times but it keeps resurrecting itself. The major issue is outfitter type addons that let you change at the click of a key. Very handy to change from defensive to offensive set while in a fight.

Get the problem?

Honestly could care less.Sounds like a pvp problem.Things like this shouldn't keep us from mounting and changing one skill when we need to.
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is the problem. Of course you shouldnt be able to use programs to actively change skills mid combat because the potential for abuse is staggering. That said, you shouldnt get stuck in combat for 30 minutes at a time, and frankly, the later is the more pressing issue.

With the game in it's current state, you should be able to switch skills while in combat. Once they fix the stuck in combat bug, go ahead and remove it.

I mean this in the best way possible.

Please apply for a job because this is actually a freaking good idea! ;_;

If not, I don't blame you. :(
    Options