The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WHY ZOS WHY

allan0n
allan0n
✭✭✭
unknown.png

What in the hell are you guys thinking?? No doubt you've seen the constant complaints about being stuck in combat for huge periods of time. What makes you think this is a reasonable thing to focus your attention on when you have so many other problems plaguing your game? God knows how many time I've had to slot my own rapids while running scrolls or I'll be stuck in combat and have to sprint HUGE distances to get somewhere fast to defend something because you guys can't figure out how to properly let us disengage from combat. Or how about defending a keep and needing to switch to a utility skill like Negate or Siege Shield because the situation demanded it? Literally no one complained about this, and yet here you are messing with things that made this trainwreck of a game a little more bearable in it's broken state. I and a lot of my friends are cancelling our subscriptions because your negligence and lack of meaningful updates makes you unworthy of our money (at least now for anyone that actually cares about pvp). Crap like this, an incomplete Necro class, the AWFUL performance, and finding out that the ONLY event I actually care about is being cancelled has a lot of us feeling really defeated.

Fix your damn game and find it in yourselves to care about more than your super awesome Crown Store that we all know and love.

Edited for: grammar and so I don't get banned/immediately have this post taken down (the last sentence)
Edited by allan0n on July 1, 2019 10:37AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not enough swearing, you're not going to get their attention that way.
    Options
  • SixVoltCar
    SixVoltCar
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's easier than fixing the combat bug
    Options
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    allan0n wrote: »
    stupid Crown Store.

You can write and swear all you want...but these three words get you banned ;):p

TherealHämähäkki
    Options
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have fixed this bug a few times but it keeps resurrecting itself. The major issue is outfitter type addons that let you change at the click of a key. Very handy to change from defensive to offensive set while in a fight.

Get the problem?
    Options
  • LiamOfElysium
    LiamOfElysium
    ✭✭
    Why fix performance and broken abilities when you can annoy your player base
    Options
  • LiamOfElysium
    LiamOfElysium
    ✭✭
    They have fixed this bug a few times but it keeps resurrecting itself. The major issue is outfitter type addons that let you change at the click of a key. Very handy to change from defensive to offensive set while in a fight.

Get the problem?

it's not changing sets that he has an issue with. It's not being changing abilities like Rapid Manoeuvres to actual combat abilities because we are constantly stuck in combat
    Options
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you set up multiple bars and chose which one you want at will during a fight? The issue is the combat bug, being able to change your setup during combat should not be a thing as far as I am concerned.
    Options
  • allan0n
    allan0n
    ✭✭✭

Get the problem?

You still couldn't change your sets during combat so no, I don't see the problem. What's the harm in letting us change our skills?
    Options
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The harm is it will be abused and was abused thats why it was changed many updates ago, its a bug that has been removed.

Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get the problem?

No not at all. So what? It's a matter of tactical decisions, be it in mid combat or not. It's available to precisely everyone and it would remedy the stuck in combat bug. In fact it would make a far more fluent game play if you could actually slot a siege or a siege shield when it was actually needed, even if a grp member 200 meters from you happens to be in combat.

The minimum they need to change with this is to make it only valid if you yourself are in combat, i.e. you have attacked someone or have been attacked, not just anyone in your group.

A bug made a feature like AC is ok - because fluid combat, while a function that cripples tactical and fluid game play like this gets slaughtered. SMH.
    Edited by Idinuse on July 1, 2019 10:47AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • allan0n
    allan0n
    ✭✭✭
    The harm is it will be abused and was abused thats why it was changed many updates ago, its a bug that has been removed.

Are you still talking about GEAR or are we talking about SKILLS?
    Options
  • LiamOfElysium
    LiamOfElysium
    ✭✭
    So you set up multiple bars and chose which one you want at will during a fight? The issue is the combat bug, being able to change your setup during combat should not be a thing as far as I am concerned.

being able to change the setup of skills in a fight should be possible because of the combat bug. The inability to leave combat results in us either having rapids stuck on our bar, in place of an essential combat ability. OR; in us not being able to place rapids on our bar and use it to speed up our mountless journeys from place to place.
    Options
  • Prax3des
    Prax3des
    ✭✭✭

Still sounds like you're conflating swapping gear mid-fight with swapping skills mid-fight. I mean, I know I've wiped many a zerg with the OP skill 'Retreating Maneuver' on my bar, but come on.
    PCNA ★ templar apologist, "mercenarial dog"
    JUST SAY NO to faction locks
    Praxedes Amell ~ DC templar
    Arimenta Weiße ~ EP templar
    Cares-About-Map~ EP templar, AR50
    Loraumaire ~ AD templar
    Options
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem also lies with the aggro level you get either from players or NPCs.

Staying in combat while being 100 200 ingame-meters away from the foe is outright stupid.

Well, at least I can beat the [removed profanity] out of the other player that decides to follow me. A wolf would restore health after one bite and beat a brave retreat.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 1, 2019 5:20PM
    Options
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have 2 bars of 5 skills, use them.

The combat bug is a separate issue, don't use it to call for a system that has been abused in the past. Best way to fix stuck in combat is to die to fall damage. :) Bit hard for Bosmer.
    Options
  • LiamOfElysium
    LiamOfElysium
    ✭✭

The combat bug is a separate issue, don't use it to call for a system that has been abused in the past. Best way to fix stuck in combat is to die to fall damage. :) Bit hard for Bosmer.

I just- ....
    I can't
    Options
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lel. And risk your death counts towards a player?

Then you can rez at a keep instead of at the cost of one stone.
    Options
  • allan0n
    allan0n
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm sitting in a keep stealthed for 30+ seconds while a bunch of people are knocking on my door with a ram I SHOULD be able to switch some *** skills around. Why should we be doomed to having the same skills because a group member of ours is fighting/sieging or the way more common issue of not ever being able to get out of combat if you aren't a Nightblade? No one talking about being able to switch skills WHILE actually fighting.
    Edited by allan0n on July 1, 2019 10:52AM
    Options
  • allan0n
    allan0n
    ✭✭✭
    stupid Crown Store.

You can write and swear all you want...but these three words get you banned ;):p

Fixed
    Options
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stupid Crown Store.

Fixed

Oh boy...that was close ;)
    TherealHämähäkki
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what i expierienced in the last week. There were somehow 2 states of in combat.

One wouldnt let me switch anything at all. Normal in combat tho.

But sometimes i was able to switch skills at least. But still couldnt mount or Change Gear.

The state of combat where i was able to switch gear was after i didnt attacked or got attacked for like a few Seconds. Then i was able to Switch. I throught this was intended cause it was quite nice. Still not able to switch skills while i directly fight someone but i could switch when i wasnt fighting
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with op. Sadly, the only ZO$ reaction we will prably see here is moderation actions, as usually. They suck at many things, and communication is one, wich in turn makes the other issues even worse.
    Options
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pathetic. I was happy when changing skills during passive combat was made possible again. Ir was at least a workaround, since ZO$ seems to be neither capable nor willing to fix the combat bug.
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just- ....
    I can't

:D:D:D:D

There you have it folks. Just die and run back.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoccEff wrote: »
    This is pathetic. I was happy when changing skills during passive combat was made possible again. Ir was at least a workaround, since ZO$ seems to be neither capable nor willing to fix the combat bug.

I actually thought that was their fix for this annoyance. Turns out they fixed the fix that shouldn't be fixed. Oh well.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How? What is there to abuse? In its most recent functionality It wouldn’t allow you to swap skills if you were actively engaged ( taking or dealing damage or with ongoing hots to someone in combat), but it would let you swap if you were in an in-combat state but not fighting. This was the perfect balance. It allowed you to swap skills at the beginning of a dungeon Even if someone ran ahead and pulled trash. It allowed you to slot rapids or other skills when still in combat minutes after the fighting stopped in Cyrodiil.

It didn’t give any advantage, how could it possibly have been abused?
    Edited by Reverb on July 1, 2019 11:29AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ You really nailed it. That's how I used those stuff too. When going from BGs to Cyrodiil I switched few skills here and there when the keep was UA.

I really cannot see any logic in this and time they invested reverting it.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Going by your forum user name, you must be here since Beta. Do you honestly not see the problem in not being able to change your bars for 15+ minutes at a time, regardless of actual combat status? Nobody is pushing for bar changes during actual combat. The in-combat bug is not a separate issue if it locks you out of your bars as long as you are *wrongly* considered to be in combat.
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welp. I can kiss actual fluid combat goodbye again.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The moment you allow ability swaps in combat, you will get add-ons/macros which automate that change for you.

Then we'll be in a situation where people can run builds with more skills than expected. This is fine, as long as their fix all the locked in combat issues having the same skills locked during a fight isn't an issue.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options