The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Golden vendor only shoulders/weapons/jewelrys pls (helping with rng)

• Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    I agree. And well, some dungeons ARE hard. And rightfully so. When you release the head pieces of powerful sets, this will inevitably lead to them being nerfed. You had Earthgore head in the golden, which lead to whole groups of zerglings ALL running Earthgore (by the demand of some certain guild leaders...), which lead to frustration, and people calling to nerfs. Aaaand what happened? Well, Earthgore was destroyed - because people were EXPLOITING it in PVP, so a set which was very good for PVE as well, was rendered useless for everyone.
    It was to some degree locked behind a "skill wall" for a while, then let lose for everyone to have. It was a bad idea. Obviously.

So YES... Only monster set shoulders at the golden, please. We don't need more essential monster sets being made usless junk because of this.

So only people who are capable of doing the hard pve dungeons should be able to exploit broken items? I don't see the point you are trying to make here. If the thing was too strong why should it be okay for a select few to exploit it.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

cant help it i feel disgusted when ppl rather have RNG than achieving something by skill.
    pushing 10 buttons in a right order barely can be called a skill. even a lab monkey can do it to get a banana. i saw it on national geographic. pve for me is a waste of time and iam not interested in a additional grind.

yet ppl struggle to reach the higher end dps parses or tanking properly in dungeons. u basically called 50 % of the playerbase monkeys.
    i know some ppl who could only do vma by having 810 cp
    however ur not that skilled urself to judge ppl like that.
    i do get ur point i as pvp player dont wanna be bothered with doing raids for example. i would rather have something like vma to get the trial gear pieces. everything that requires skill for me is fine but just getting it by paying gold or AP feels so wrong. i dont feel any reward by that
    idk wrote: »
    I do not get the OP. Does not seem to be complaining about the game. Just seems to be complaining for the sake of complaining. Who really cares if someone buys a helm from the golden vendor, or anything else for that matter. It just seems rather petty.

on 2nd thought. who would care when i buy those sets from the item shop. by ur logic thats fine too isnt it?
    Edited by Noctus on June 30, 2019 3:44PM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    You have a lot of time to waste in PvE and I'm happy for you, but everybody is not in your situation, personally I don't farm vet dungeons because they are hard but because PvE(except story quests) annoys me terribly.

The Golden is made for PvPers who have not the intention to practice PvE for x reason, what they buy here has absolutely nothing to do with you.

u have awfully lot time urself farming that AP. me and many other ppl can get any monsterhelmet in 10 - 20 mins.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk whats wrong with ppl that they want helmets from the golden vendor. the content is rly not hard and its not even rng involved in it. u just do it once and u have it whats the problem. there is no grind nore rng behind it.

it would be a better thing when golden vendor help out with actual rng like trial weapons. but helmets ? rly ? thats mindblowingly lazy. i did those vets with ppl that did like 20 k dps which is easy to achieve. those dungeons are rly not that hard. i do those by groupfinder where i get ppl with 500 cp or below sometimes.

on a sidenote im pvp player and im mainly playing bg in this game.

If the dungeons were easy, no one would care about the Golden. Have you not seen all the dozens of threads started by players who hate the dlc dungeons so much that they want them REMOVED from the random dailies?

Thers are threads asking for the removal of PvP. Should we take them serious as well?

Many threads asking for a PvE, or more specifically non-PvP mode in Cyrodiil. Why not? Who are we to force others into our playstyles? Where is the line drawn?

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of the obvious, wanted to mention, no one ever hooks me up with the helm I need, gotta grind that .... More than once lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk whats wrong with ppl that they want helmets from the golden vendor. the content is rly not hard and its not even rng involved in it. u just do it once and u have it whats the problem. there is no grind nore rng behind it.

it would be a better thing when golden vendor help out with actual rng like trial weapons. but helmets ? rly ? thats mindblowingly lazy. i did those vets with ppl that did like 20 k dps which is easy to achieve. those dungeons are rly not that hard. i do those by groupfinder where i get ppl with 500 cp or below sometimes.

If the dungeons were easy, no one would care about the Golden. Have you not seen all the dozens of threads started by players who hate the dlc dungeons so much that they want them REMOVED from the random dailies?

Thers are threads asking for the removal of PvP. Should we take them serious as well?

Many threads asking for a PvE, or more specifically non-PvP mode in Cyrodiil. Why not? Who are we to force others into our playstyles? Where is the line drawn?

as i said before just add everything to the item shop. this is how i like to play games. whales like me would love that :D. we dont like to grind AP or pve but we love to buy stuff.
    #wherestheline
    Edited by Noctus on June 30, 2019 3:48PM
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like a fair way to allow pvpers to get some gear they need. Its not like it drops BIS gear every week
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not get the OP. Does not seem to be complaining about the game. Just seems to be complaining for the sake of complaining. Who really cares if someone buys a helm from the golden vendor, or anything else for that matter. It just seems rather petty.

cant help it i feel disgusted when ppl rather have RNG than achieving something by skill. i would rather have golden vendor to sell weapons instead additional to the shoulders and jewelry becouse that would help out with the RNG problem.

Imo...remove rng, &...

PvP monster sets should be introduced to the Golden, & remove PvE Monster sets.

Block PvE gear from PvP.

Edited by Wolfpaw on June 30, 2019 4:10PM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

cant help it i feel disgusted when ppl rather have RNG than achieving something by skill.
    pushing 10 buttons in a right order barely can be called a skill. even a lab monkey can do it to get a banana. i saw it on national geographic. pve for me is a waste of time and iam not interested in a additional grind.

so emma aint as skillfull as a monkey i suppose ?

my offer still stands if ur EU PC emma i get u the helmet u want in 15-20 mins
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

cant help it i feel disgusted when ppl rather have RNG than achieving something by skill. i would rather have golden vendor to sell weapons instead additional to the shoulders and jewelry becouse that would help out with the RNG problem.

Imo...remove rng, &...

Block PvE gear from PvP.

i actually do agree with this. but i still want monster sets to be somewhat of an achievement like winning 10 matches in a row grants u one or reaching 80 kills in a match. but never a grind buying something of with AP feels so cheap not like an achievement at all.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Imo...remove rng, &...

Block PvE gear from PvP.

i actually do agree with this. but i still want monster sets to be somewhat of an achievement like winning 10 matches in a row grants u one or reaching 80 kills in a match. but never a grind buying something of with AP feels so cheap not like an achievement at all.

I can understand that, but I wouldn't want to hold players back that don't have a premade, not a top-tier player, but do contribute time & effort.

That said I wouldn't want players like you to not gain a reward worthy of your achievements. Skin variations would work?

2players equally geared face each other, skill>gear...you just look cooler killing your opponent 😎

1. Block all pve gear from pvp
    2. Golden vendor has all pvp monsters sets/jewelry available items & skin variations based on rank, ap, & achievements.
    3. Add a base starter pvp set for free to a vendor so players starting out the game new, or have all pve sets slotted, no ap to buy, can access pvp.
    4. Create PvP monster sets, weapon sets, more armor sets, skin variations, & lock pvp sets from pve content.
    5. Begin the process of balance/performance through separation of pvp & pve.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on June 30, 2019 4:40PM
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭

to those that say getting the helmet in heavy or smthing else is hard. u have 3 ppl with you untill now i allways could exchange with people my helmet. be social and chat this is an mmo afterall.

let me also put another perspective for u guys up. WHY NOT ADD ALL THE SETS TO THE ITEM SHOP if u go down that road of not willing to play a certain part of the game to achieve something.
    THERE this way u dont need to bother wasting ur time at all.

I don't know the problem with people who feel the need to complain about something that has zero effect on them. Nerfs will happen regardless of if the Golden exists or not. Get off your high horse guy. I pvp and pve equally. I do vet hm's and trials and have zero issue with the Golden giving out monster helms. I'm glad that Zos saw that pvpers needed a way to get access to these items and giving them a way to get them without having to go into vet dungeons. I wish more MMO companies would be this open to their pvp player base.
  • Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭

Imo...remove rng, &...

Block PvE gear from PvP.

I can understand that, but I wouldn't want to hold players back that don't have a premade, not a top-tier player, but do contribute time & effort.

That said I wouldn't want players like you to not gain a reward worthy of your achievements. Skin variations would work?

2players equally geared face each other, skill>gear...you just look cooler killing your opponent 😎

2. Golden vendor has all pvp monsters sets/jewelry available items & skin variations based on rank, ap, & achievements.
    3. Add a base starter pvp set for free to a vendor so players starting out the game new, or have all pve sets slotted, no ap to buy, can access pvp.
    4. Create PvP monster sets, weapon sets, more armor sets, skin variations, & lock pvp sets from pve content.

At that point you might as well just break it into two separate games...pvp players should have access to all gear in game pve players should have all access to all gear in games. People need to quit complaining about things they don't like as if they were the only ones playing the game and let eso fix their real problems insead of having to nerf everything.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the idea was that the length of time required to purchase a helm was approximately the same time it would take to grind the item itself.

I think that went out the door when AP was adjusted (in particular BGs)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bealeb319 wrote: »

Imo...remove rng, &...

Block PvE gear from PvP.

At that point you might as well just break it into two separate games...pvp players should have access to all gear in game pve players should have all access to all gear in games. People need to quit complaining about things they don't like as if they were the only ones playing the game and let eso fix their real problems insead of having to nerf everything.

Everyone does have access to all, just restricted for what you can equip for the purpose of balance.

Also it's not complaining, it's a suggestion from a paying customer.

Separation of gear is a great start to better performance & balance.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ildun wrote: »
    dlc dungeons require a dedicated tank and not fake tank thats why ppl complain.

As someone said, some players don't enjoy dungeon. They just want to have chance to try those effect in other content, they won't go to dungeon.

Nobody forces them to enjoy dungeons. But you should need to do them anyway, if you want them. It's like we should have Maelstrom/Master's weapons there too, because I sure didn't enjoy farming those bows I have - not after like 40 runs. But I did it anyway, and the rewards were weapons. I can't see why this should be any different.

Rings and shoulders are not the same, you can get rings from doing normal, and you don't get gold ones from doing veteran. Shoulders are really easy to get; you even get free keys when you level a new toon. And THAT's a grind. I've opened like 60 chests once, without even having the shoulder I wanted in wrong weight.

But sure. If you like useful sets being destroyed just because too many people run them in an unfair way (read Earthgore), I know where you stand.
  • Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bealeb319 wrote: »

Imo...remove rng, &...

Block PvE gear from PvP.

Everyone does have access to all, just restricted for what you can equip for the purpose of balance.

Also it's not complaining, it's a suggestion from a paying customer.

Separation of gear is a great start to better performance & balance.

I disagree. Separation of gear would be a nightmare to program which would be cost time and money. It would only be good for balance in the sense that there would be fewer gear options which means it would be harder for people who dedicate time to the game to find unique set combinations which work and alternatively make it easier for those who don't put in the effort. Further what it would do is make it so pve players never want to venture into pvp and vice versa. The balance problems in the game have absolutely nothing to do with what gear can be worn in what playstyle the balance problems are within the gear, the way stats are set up and the way abilities work (or dont).