The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Golden vendor only shoulders/weapons/jewelrys pls (helping with rng)

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
idk whats wrong with ppl that they want helmets from the golden vendor. the content is rly not hard and its not even rng involved in it. u just do it once and u have it whats the problem. there is no grind nore rng behind it.

it would be a better thing when golden vendor help out with actual rng like trial weapons. but helmets ? rly ? thats mindblowingly lazy. i did those vets with ppl that did like 20 k dps which is easy to achieve. those dungeons are rly not that hard. i do those by groupfinder where i get ppl with 500 cp or below sometimes.

on a sidenote im pvp player and im mainly playing bg in this game.

to those that say getting the helmet in heavy or smthing else is hard. u have 3 ppl with you untill now i allways could exchange with people my helmet. be social and chat this is an mmo afterall.

let me also put another perspective for u guys up. WHY NOT ADD ALL THE SETS TO THE ITEM SHOP if u go down that road of not willing to play a certain part of the game to achieve something.
THERE this way u dont need to bother wasting ur time at all.
Edited by Noctus on June 30, 2019 3:22PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're entitled to an opinion I guess but if dungeons are that easy, you should be able to get enough keys to find the shoulders you need.

More helmets from the vendor I say.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Golden vendor sell all full set every time pls
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Golden vendor selling exactly the jewelry i need every single week. Amen.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ildun wrote: »
    Golden vendor sell all full set every time pls

God yes tired of double shoulders etc
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    idk whats wrong with ppl that they want helmets from the golden vendor. the content is rly not hard and its not even rng involved in it. u just do it once and u have it whats the problem. there is no grind nore rng behind it.

it would be a better thing when golden vendor help out with actual rng like trial weapons. but helmets ? rly ? thats mindblowingly lazy. i did those vets with ppl that did like 20 k dps which is easy to achieve. those dungeons are rly not that hard. i do those by groupfinder where i get ppl with 500 cp or below sometimes.

idk whats wrong with you? why do you want to make people play the way you want? find yourself a guild and do normal trials if you need it. its pretty easy as iam told.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

idk whats wrong with you? why do you want to make people play the way you want? find yourself a guild and do normal trials if you need it. its pretty easy as iam told.

yes its easy u dont get what i mean think. there are actually ppl on the forum now asking for more monster helmets from golden vendor which is ***. monster helmets actually dont need to be grinded and arent an rng drop. on the other hand u can waste like 15 keys and still not get the shoulders. golden vendor should help out with rng and not with things that require skill to achieve.

Edited by Noctus on June 30, 2019 9:37AM
  • Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason helmets and sholders are on there is so that people who play primarily pvp are able to obtain them without having to dip into pve. Try to be considerate of players who play other ways than you do.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, without helmets, what would be the point of Gold Vendor & AP farming ? Shoulders you can get from undaunted chests, and jewellery you can get on normal mode (sometimes you can even solo the dungeon) & then upgrade it.

If something, imho there should be more reasons to PvP than less. Ppl sit on millions of AP, just because there is nothing rly worth it to spend them on. The only thing is essentially monster helmets.

So if something, there should be more stuff at Gold Vendor to chose from. Maybe adding Weapon sets (of course with ridiculous high price, could work).

Note: I know some ppl don't like this idea, but, when gold vendor was introduced, I seen ppl not liking golden having monster helmets. Because it is a nerf to PvE-ers somehow...

Eso End-game progression is basically a gear-progression. You have worse gear, means you will be always behind to better players, who besides having better gear are more skilled in general.

So the less ways to obtain/farm gear = bigger gap between average & top players.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 30, 2019 9:54AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the dungeons were easy, no one would care about the Golden. Have you not seen all the dozens of threads started by players who hate the dlc dungeons so much that they want them REMOVED from the random dailies?

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they ask for the new sets to be added not just helmets
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If the dungeons were easy, no one would care about the Golden. Have you not seen all the dozens of threads started by players who hate the dlc dungeons so much that they want them REMOVED from the random dailies?

Except for the fact that the Golden mitigates the randomness of acquiring shoulders from Undaunted chests?

And lets you attain legendary-quality jewelry for much cheaper than upgrading?

And provides an additional option for converting AP to gold?

No, no. No reason to care at all.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dlc dungeons require a dedicated tank and not fake tank thats why ppl complain. those people just want to have their exp daily quick and easy without worry about ppl that are not even 160 cp on a normal dlc dungeon. however i never failed even once doing those dungeons on normal with groupfinder.

on vet dlc dungeons are only hard if u absolutely ignore every mechanic.

if u want i carry u through the dungeon of ur choice but dont talk bs on forum like this or devs flush skill in this game down the toilett
    Edited by Noctus on June 30, 2019 10:04AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've obviously never spent hours grinding a dungeon for a medium helmet and gotten 3 lights and 4 heavies. But go ahead and speak for everyone.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

You've obviously never spent hours grinding a dungeon for a medium helmet and gotten 3 lights and 4 heavies. But go ahead and speak for everyone.

idk about you but i have an addon that shows me who looted what and ask the person to exchange with me. most painfull experience for me was to grind weapons and jewelry of those dungeons. i even paid a good ammount of gold for a weapon drop of a groupmember. helmets are allmost 100 % dropping in the wanted weight to you or a groupmate.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. And well, some dungeons ARE hard. And rightfully so. When you release the head pieces of powerful sets, this will inevitably lead to them being nerfed. You had Earthgore head in the golden, which lead to whole groups of zerglings ALL running Earthgore (by the demand of some certain guild leaders...), which lead to frustration, and people calling to nerfs. Aaaand what happened? Well, Earthgore was destroyed - because people were EXPLOITING it in PVP, so a set which was very good for PVE as well, was rendered useless for everyone.
    It was to some degree locked behind a "skill wall" for a while, then let lose for everyone to have. It was a bad idea. Obviously.

So YES... Only monster set shoulders at the golden, please. We don't need more essential monster sets being made usless junk because of this.
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    dlc dungeons require a dedicated tank and not fake tank thats why ppl complain.

As someone said, some players don't enjoy dungeon. They just want to have chance to try those effect in other content, they won't go to dungeon.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Translation of this thread:
    "im t0tally 1337 and wanna brag"
    ;)
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What!!!!!! No RNG!!!!!!!!

What utter blasted rubbish!!!!!!

I ran that f****ing dungeon trying to get iceheart in heavy 113 times, not once did that ba****d dungeon drop it, so do not talk this trash about no rng being involved!

The moment it appeared in the golden I bought it and swore I would never do that stupid dungeon ever again! If I had my way every item in the game would be in there along with a massive gold/ap cost, then we would see how popular those trolling, glitch fest dungeons really are 😈
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

first of all the ap cost is not massive at all. also u wanna tell me that each of ur groupmates didnt get that helmet too?
    Edited by Noctus on June 30, 2019 10:36AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    I agree. And well, some dungeons ARE hard. And rightfully so. When you release the head pieces of powerful sets, this will inevitably lead to them being nerfed. You had Earthgore head in the golden, which lead to whole groups of zerglings ALL running Earthgore (by the demand of some certain guild leaders...), which lead to frustration, and people calling to nerfs. Aaaand what happened? Well, Earthgore was destroyed - because people were EXPLOITING it in PVP, so a set which was very good for PVE as well, was rendered useless for everyone.
    It was to some degree locked behind a "skill wall" for a while, then let lose for everyone to have. It was a bad idea. Obviously.

So YES... Only monster set shoulders at the golden, please. We don't need more essential monster sets being made usless junk because of this.

The problem you describe was created by the developers, so the onus is on them to solve it. Players should not be punished for bad content design. Players can only play the game we are given.

I see some very selfish comments in this thread from hypocrites who believe that broken or overpowered gear is just fine as long as they are they only ones who have it! This is absurd. If wider availability is necessary for ZOS to fix broken gear, then so be it.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭

OMG I was watching @Ninja614's stream last night and he was farming a medium divines shadowrend helm, and it never dropped in many, many runs! I don't subject myself to that kind of grind, but seeing what other folks have to go through.. no thank you!

Please have helmets AND shoulders show up at the same time on the golden vendor!
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pinesy wrote: »

OMG I was watching @Ninja614's stream last night and he was farming a medium divines shadowrend helm, and it never dropped in many, many runs! I don't subject myself to that kind of grind, but seeing what other folks have to go through.. no thank you!

Please have helmets AND shoulders show up at the same time on the golden vendor!

he was farming for a special trait omfg. even when he buys that from golden vendor he would still need to transmute it. Arent golden vendor items usually impen ??????

getting the helmet itself was easy was it not. and even the weight of the item is not problem becouse u have 3 ppl with u and chances are high one of em got light medium heavy. however as a medium armor user ur fine with getting light or heavy aslong as u have the right shoulders…… u have light helmet u need heavy shoulders for example. ofc depends on ur build but thats usually how it is.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see some very selfish comments in this thread from hypocrites who believe that broken or overpowered gear is just fine as long as they are they only ones who have it! This is absurd. If wider availability is necessary for ZOS to fix broken gear, then so be it.
    What? He was complaining about pvp nerf affecting pve, and that he doesn't want it to happen again. Are you sure you are not the selfish hypocrite that believes that sets should be destroyed for everyone because you cant get them?

Ok, salt aside, i do not think that helmets should be in there as well (all helmets, including base game dungeons) but i dont mind them there. And i do agree that if they are available, all of them should be available.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not get the OP. Does not seem to be complaining about the game. Just seems to be complaining for the sake of complaining. Who really cares if someone buys a helm from the golden vendor, or anything else for that matter. It just seems rather petty.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I do not get the OP. Does not seem to be complaining about the game. Just seems to be complaining for the sake of complaining. Who really cares if someone buys a helm from the golden vendor, or anything else for that matter. It just seems rather petty.

cant help it i feel disgusted when ppl rather have RNG than achieving something by skill. i would rather have golden vendor to sell weapons instead additional to the shoulders and jewelry becouse that would help out with the RNG problem.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or they could have both shoulders and helmets on sale at the same time...
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

cant help it i feel disgusted when ppl rather have RNG than achieving something by skill.
    pushing 10 buttons in a right order barely can be called a skill. even a lab monkey can do it to get a banana. i saw it on national geographic. pve for me is a waste of time and iam not interested in a additional grind.
    Edited by oxygen_thief on June 30, 2019 2:12PM
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭

cant help it i feel disgusted when ppl rather have RNG than achieving something by skill. i would rather have golden vendor to sell weapons instead additional to the shoulders and jewelry becouse that would help out with the RNG problem.

The Golden is obviously ZOS's way to cater to the pvp community who have no fun in running dungeon thousand times to get a specific monster set. The fact that pve players can use the Golden to shorten the RNG is just a side effect.

To make this perfectly clear I'd suggest ZOS stop selling Golden's items for gold, only for AP. And at least double, better triple the AP price for the set items.Then maybe the bragging of pve players about the golden would stop.

Or disable monster sets in pvp and scratch the Golden completely from the game.

I feel so disgusted from people who try to ruin the experience of other players for their own merits.

/Edit: wording
    Edited by Tranquilizer on June 30, 2019 2:11PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Monster shoulders are total RNG. Not everyone has access to the DLC dungeons. Granted that’s by choice but still a valid reason.

At the end of the day it doesn’t harm my game at all.
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    You have a lot of time to waste in PvE and I'm happy for you, but everybody is not in your situation, personally I don't farm vet dungeons because they are hard but because PvE(except story quests) annoys me terribly.

The Golden is made for PvPers who have not the intention to practice PvE for x reason, what they buy here has absolutely nothing to do with you.
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist