The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bomser OP in IC - Nerf Hunter's Eye!

Taloros
Taloros
✭✭✭✭
Bosmer are just OP since the changes to racials and Imperial City. Before, you could sneak around there and gank people instead of doing any work yourself. But nowadays, everybody has a Bosmer in their team to detect attackers.

It's near impossible to even get into stealth as long as a Bosmer is in the district - completely broken.

Please, ZOS, end the Bosmer domination in Imperial City! Delete Hunter's Eye and give them back their stealth or whatever - but remove that broken ability!

Cyrodil also broken. AD is dominating every campaign due to OP Bosmer. They're like radar dishes on two legs. How are we supposed to group up before assaulting a keep when a single Bosmer break stealth in up to 100 yards distance?
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its ridiculous when i go into sneak on my Bosmer i can see everything like a whole bunch of zergs just squatting wondering why they have open eyes.
    Its just an OP skill i love it and hope it never gets nerfed,
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Become a Khajiit. No bosmer will pop you out of cloak.
  • Taloros
    Taloros
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Become a Khajiit. No bosmer will pop you out of cloak.

Are you kitting me?
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IC is not meant to be your private Tel'var farm.

Cope with it.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use one of the counters to Hunter's Eye.

Khajiit Racials has a counter.
    At least a few armor sets have a counter.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t played a woodelf but that sounds awesome
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh look, another nerf thread.

HOW REFRESHING
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if serious.... 🤔
    Edited by Daedric_NB_187 on June 29, 2019 3:19PM
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if serious.... 🤔

He’s very serious... ZOS needs to change the hunters eye passive at once or the game is doomed - people will stop buying crowns, will unsubscribe... dogs and khajiits living together... mass hysteria 😉!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t played a woodelf but that sounds awesome

I don't think hyping up their detection is the right way to go about this @Taloros . ZOS will end up using this against us whenever we claim that "detection is useless". While your intentions are noble, I don't think misinformation will get us anywhere.

@Icy_Waffles Yes, that sounds awesome but that is not how it actually is. It's all lies and all made up. 3m Detection is useless and actually hurts your own stealth by giving away information about your location to the enemy before you even spot them.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, I'm fooling rolling around in Way of Air spamming radiant magelight, that effectively shutdowns any nightblade operation in the area.
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    "Before, you could sneak around there and gank people instead of doing any work yourself."

Your crys for nerf are not worthy
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should make a Bosmer
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    Maybe I should make a Bosmer

Noooo, please don't do that! Then you too would be able to see the top secret Gold Courier mobs in PvE. They can only be detected by wood elves who stack Way of Air and Sentry set on top of the Hunter's Eye racial passive. They usually drop between 10k and 20k gold each.... but are far to stealthy for anyone else to see. But for a small fee, I might be able to reveal their spawn points, as a non-Bosmer can stand in one spot and spam AOEs and might get lucky and hit a Gold Courier by accident.

And it's not a well known fact, but all the lag in Cyrodiil is actually caused by Bosmer UltraDetectVision causing the servers to draw stealthed enemy players at over 1000 yards a way. Too many Bosmer in one area causes excessive mid-zone loading screens and in combat bugs. But please don't nerf! I've been able to buy all the notable homes and estates with my Gold Courier farm.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ll support anything that makes ganking harder, so leave it as is please. ;)
    Edited by MattT1988 on June 29, 2019 5:30PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    I’ll support anything that makes ganking harder, so leave it as is please. ;)

@MattT1988 If only it actually made ganking harder. Those 3 meters won't stop a guy from attacking you from stealth. That's still melee range unless you use something like Mage Light. And if you are already using mage light, then you have no need for those additional 3meters because no choke point is wider than mage light already reveals.
    Realistically, you'll never gain a tactical advantage from it, but there is a case where you are definitely at a tactical disadvantage because of it. (The eye indicator goes to "danger" for enemies you can't see yet, while at the same distance to that enemy, your eye indicator still says hidden. Effectively your enemy knows you are there before you know of him BECAUSE you are "better" at detection.)
    Edited by Ratzkifal on June 29, 2019 6:36PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please 'nerf' Bosmer stealth detection and replace it with something worthless. . . like, oh maybe improved ability to sneak undetected. . . .
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see it now.

"Nerf Hunters Eye, an open letter"
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see it now.

"Nerf Hunters Eye, an open letter"

See “wood/elf losing stealth passive, open letter”... and make sure you read all 80+ pages.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jaraal Only 10 to 20k... hmm, not worth the effort then.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soooo take away stealth detection after taking away stealth capabilities? What are we good at then? Falling??
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soooo take away stealth detection after taking away stealth capabilities? What are we good at then? Falling??

Cannibalism.

Hunters Luncheon: Incapacitate your opponent by hitting them on the head with a plate and serving them up for dinner.

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Taloros wrote: »
    Bosmer are just OP since the changes to racials and Imperial City. Before, you could sneak around there and gank people instead of doing any work yourself. But nowadays, everybody has a Bosmer in their team to detect attackers.

Ganking is OP! Everyone wants to do it! End all abilities to gank such as stealth!

PvP complaints always follow this trend: "Ability X is OP because I can't continue to do my own OP thing and bully other players." Honestly, it's pathetic. When there's no counter, you quietly exploit it. When there's a counter you whine.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 29, 2019 9:45PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Cannibalism.

Hunters Luncheon: Incapacitate your opponent by hitting them on the head with a plate and serving them up for dinner.

Perfect. Their character is then deleted because it has been consumed.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WAIT WAIT WAIT.

I thought the Bosmer was BROKEN with the change to racial passives when they stole the enhanced sneak passive from the Bosmer and gave it to the Khajiit?

Would you people make up your flippin' minds?
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    WAIT WAIT WAIT.

I thought the Bosmer was BROKEN with the change to racial passives when they stole the enhanced sneak passive from the Bosmer and gave it to the Khajiit?

@bearbelly All minds are made up. OP is suggesting that detection is broken and OP, so that ZOS gives it priority and "nerfs" it by replacing it with stealth. Since that seems to be one of the only things that do get priority along with exploits. While Taloros has good intentions, him spreading misinformation is more harmful than helpful.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cannibalism.

You forgot the best part of the passive: +450 stamina regen when using vegetarian food.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    WAIT WAIT WAIT.

This is kind of a joke thread. Someone observed in the other thread that the way to get something fixed is to point out that it is OP in PVP. The fact is detection is useless. It doesn't work right, and it makes no sense to have the super stealthy Khajiit and counter-stealthy Bosmer in the same alliance.

Bosmer ARE broken. Bosmer and Khajiit should both have a hiding bonus, which was how things have been for the past 5 years in ESO and for 15+ years in TES games.

This thread will get locked like several others have been and people will be referred to the existing 80 someodd page long thread.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, 3m is way too far. How could they?!
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i won't be surprised if all what zos really gonna change

in bosmer passives would be a 50% nerf to detect range :D