Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New Dev Team

• Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I've imagined it in the hands of CCP. However changing teams or companies has pros and cons.

Actually SWTOR is doing pretty good right now, atleast better than Anthem.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog
    ✭✭✭
    If blizzard took over, all the existing art and future classes would be changed to anime/manga garbage, like they did to HotS. Then they would insert some new *** class that has no place in the lore.

Incoming MechaStormNinja class.

No thank you.

"You can have fun or you can have safety, but you can't have them both"
    -A ten-year-old
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Imagine if ESO was taken over by BioWare with EA.

tenor.gif?itemid=10120660

Couldn't be worse than it is now. New game content and fixes are already a side note to L O O T B O X E S.
    ZOS is a joke.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue isn’t with the devs themselves but management. Management decides what is priority and the level of resources that will be put towards the work. With ESO and Zos that starts with Matt. He’s on the management side rather than the creative development team side.
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    Asking for a new dev team is VERY EXTREAM. The current devs no matter how much everyone thinks they don't care or they can't fix anything work VERY hard. The devs are people just like us they are told what to fix and accomplish in their work day. Who knows there may not be enough time in the day to fix everything, so they focus on one thing or the other. This game is very large and if you know anything about programming it can be challenging even for the very skilled.
    If you were a car mechanic could you take out, break down and entirely rebuild an entire engine and have it back in the car in an average workday by yourself or with someone else, probably not. While this may be a bad example or not you get the idea. Fixing ESO's performance issues or bugs can't be done in a few strokes of the keyboard and a few clicks of a mouse it's way more than that even more so since new content continues to come out.
    I know ESO is not perfect, I'm not someone who just ignores issues and praises everything the devs do but ESO is a great experience and game to play and the people behind it work hard.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    its Not the Engine Btw(20yr Naval IT )
    I’d love to see DE take over ESO.

But back on topic
    DE (Digital Extemes) aka Warframe
    1. 5x the player base
    2. Bugs non existent
    3. Founder and have never experienced lag or disconnects
    4. Larger world, infinite inventory,can actually do all of your missions,dailies,etc from your ship (housing) imagine your housing actually being useful?
    5. Steve and crew are leagues above ESO DEV TEAM and no debate about that.
    6. Rebecca and crew absolutely own ESO community relations no offense to Gina and crew.
    7. Oh and DE actually plays all there content.
    8. DE dev streams put ESO live to shame
    9. DE smaller company with smaller dev team puts a leagues better game then ESO.
    10. Have there own Tenno Con which sells out in an hr.

If they and their game are that good, I can't help wondering why you're here...
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steel-256 wrote: »
    Could you guys imagine this game in the hands of Blizzard or Rockstar dev team? Or any other dev team besides ours? Maybe then we would get some stuff fixed! Can I get a yayuh!

I guess you don't play WOW .. in any case the Blizzard many of us knew and, yes, loved, died last November, WoW is now controlled by Activision and has one purpose: to keep Kotick in the ill-gotten lifestyle he's been used to before Bungie managed to cut their chains to him.
    Edited by KerinKor on June 29, 2019 6:10PM
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow got better with its 8.2 patch. I play that now since this game has gone down hill. I'll bet Gina is playing RDR2 online. The rest prob playing wow and ffxiv getting ready for the new exp.

At some point you gotta understand a miracle is not coming for this game. It took blizzard losing so many people to say hey we screwed up and fixed a lot of it. The great thing for eso they have die hard that will never leave so keep milking them lol.

Just sub and shut it
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to replace Todd with Bobby Kotick or what do you mean? :D

Rich with papa Jeff :trollface:
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Imagine if ESO was taken over by BioWare with EA.

tenor.gif?itemid=10120660

O boi that could be either really good or really bad. On one hand, you have Dragon Age. But then there’s Anthem.

They you'll have to pay 10$ to use a wayshrine :trollface:
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steel-256 wrote: »
    Could you guys imagine this game in the hands of Blizzard or Rockstar dev team? Or any other dev team besides ours? Maybe then we would get some stuff fixed! Can I get a yayuh!
    How would that be different ? Replacing one Corporation with another...
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zathras wrote: »
    The problem isn't the dev team. It's the engine.

It's management.

Because management told them to ignore player feedback on test and release bashcro terminators on Cyro and scrap decades of TES lore for niche PvP builds? Ok then...

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Relax can you still launch the game? If not go to twitch and watch others play it. Learn to live through then.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A different dev team would have made such a good game in the first place, however i do agree, the performance is horrific.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread not going anywhere well, we're going to go ahead and close it down. Keep in mind that the Forum Rule against bashing also applies to other companies as well.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.