Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

New Dev Team

Steel-256
Steel-256
✭✭✭
Could you guys imagine this game in the hands of Blizzard or Rockstar dev team? Or any other dev team besides ours? Maybe then we would get some stuff fixed! Can I get a yayuh!
STEEL PURE MAN
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, maybe 10 years ago... Blizzard is a hot mess since the merger/acquisition and I'm afraid that we'd end up with dwemer motorbikes and handheld auto-crossbows if Rockstar were running the show.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't the dev team. It's the engine.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if ESO was taken over by BioWare with EA.

tenor.gif?itemid=10120660

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've imagined it in the hands of CCP. However changing teams or companies has pros and cons.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Steel-256
    Steel-256
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the problem is our dev team, for one a lot of changes are made that most do not want, and get ignored. But opinions are for everyone and yes I do agree the engine and servers need work
    STEEL PURE MAN
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally the development teams and the teams that are in charge of actually programming/bugs are different, correct?

I think the real issue is that the programming team is very small, or only exists on a contractual basis. If it's the later, then whenever they hire a new contractor they have to get up to speed with whatever the earlier programmer did, which takes time.

It's not really the devs team fault.It's whoever is running the business. They need to invest in strengthening their programming department.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Normally the development teams and the teams that are in charge of actually programming/bugs are different, correct?

I think the real issue is that the programming team is very small, or only exists on a contractual basis. If it's the later, then whenever they hire a new contractor they have to get up to speed with whatever the earlier programmer did, which takes time.

It's not really the devs team fault.It's whoever is running the business. They need to invest in strengthening their programming department.

Hit the nail on the head here. It's like some other threads with people asking for a year worth of fixes instead of new content. Content team is different from the bug fix/coding team, which is different than the marketing team, which is different from the combat team, which is different from the customer service team etc etc ad nauseum.

A major hurdle for anyone currently working at Zos, from what I understand, hardly any of the original coders are left so they have to continuously try the marry new code into old. Where the old code has become a tangled mess, they have no one to explain how to untangle it, without causing an issue further along.

"It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's management.

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I've imagined it in the hands of CCP. However changing teams or companies has pros and cons.

CCP is actually a horrible company. They got marginally lucky for a while with that space game of theirs, and are surviving by a niche spreadsheet crowd.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭

John_Wick_2_SURE.PNG
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to replace Todd with Bobby Kotick or what do you mean? :D
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because red dead online is so amazing or the recent wow updates?
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zathras wrote: »

It's management.

This right here. A bad engine might be fixed, slowly and steadily, if management ponied up for the work.

ESO has turned into the new standard for games: an infinite money printer. All ZOS need is to have a working storefront with people buying enough Clowns. That's what we're getting, nothing more.
  • Varaug_Gaming
    Varaug_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    imagine eso having loot boxes that get mailed to you ingame and give you a chance to obtain overpowered buffs like +20k defenses, +4k spell/weapon damage for 30 minutes or something

can you imagine how pvp looks like?
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    They need to invest in strengthening their programming department.

invest - this word is forbidden for zos.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread should be closed as it serves no purpose other than bashing ZOS employees.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I am sure that our developers have a problem with the marketing department
    - Quicker faster, faster, we need to release a new DLC!
    - But we have not yet fixed bugs from the previous one...
    - There is no time for this! Money, we lose money! And decorate that horse in green color, we will sell it for 5k crowns.
    Edited by Veles on June 29, 2019 10:51AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... we have devs?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

CCP is actually a horrible company. They got marginally lucky for a while with that space game of theirs, and are surviving by a niche spreadsheet crowd.
    Hence the pros and cons.

As you can't really knock CCP for the communication and engagement with the community.

Edited by Turelus on June 29, 2019 10:55AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If we're talking the company that Blizzard were when they were producing stuff for MoP, then that would almost certainly be an improvement.

If we're talking the company they became, while producing stuff for WoD, then no thank you.

Total switch.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its Not the Engine Btw(20yr Naval IT )
    I’d love to see DE take over ESO.

But back on topic
    DE (Digital Extemes) aka Warframe
    1. 5x the player base
    2. Bugs non existent
    3. Founder and have never experienced lag or disconnects
    4. Larger world, infinite inventory,can actually do all of your missions,dailies,etc from your ship (housing) imagine your housing actually being useful?
    5. Steve and crew are leagues above ESO DEV TEAM and no debate about that.
    6. Rebecca and crew absolutely own ESO community relations no offense to Gina and crew.
    7. Oh and DE actually plays all there content.
    8. DE dev streams put ESO live to shame
    9. DE smaller company with smaller dev team puts a leagues better game then ESO.
    10. Have there own Tenno Con which sells out in an hr.

• KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am one of the biggest people against the current state of the game concerning the dev teams and the community managers(check my comments, I am frustrated with a lot right now) but I am not necessarily of the mind it is the talent of the Devs that is the issue. Rather I think it is an issue with the way the direction of the parent company is going.

A great example of positive changes to a community/game right now would be Destiny 2. They address their ENTIRE community with a weekly newsletter, they have realized their mistakes immediately(for the most part) as far as balancing goes and make effective changes in very short order. And now that Bungie is going in house instead of with Activision it seems they care MORE, which is crazy, but everything they have done since announcing the new game patch in September has been extremely positive to the games ecosystem and player base it is crazy.

Now with ZOS we all have this feel that micro transactions and cosmetics are king and the actual community and gameplay are both so far down the list that they can't even see them on their radar. I wish this wasn't true, I love this game, but the direction of the game/community is not there enough for me to spend more money and spend time in game until something is changed drastically on both fronts.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine the game made by ubisoft. 🥖🥖🥖🥖
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just NO. This forum has become nothing more than Elder Trolls Online.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the wow mess Diablo mobile sorry but I don’t want blizzard anywhere near my elder scrolls no way just a fat solid no from me.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    This thread should be closed as it serves no purpose other than bashing ZOS employees.

If no one bashes them then their doing a good job if theres bashing room there's room for improvement.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine it in the hands of CD Project Red...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think this would fix anything, definetly not on short notice.

Eso is huge and programming is difficult and any new dev would probably need 6 months to a year to get fully productional, it’s that difficult to jump in a huge codebase created by others.

I feel sorry for the actual developers of ESO because i am almost certain they know very well about the problems but they simply dont get the time to properly fix things because we expect new content every 3 months and the stakeholders expect their millions to keep flooding in.

They have to somehow get a grip on the performance issues now though because its getting real close to being unplayable since Elsewyr (PS4 EU).

I love ESO more then any other game I ever played by far, i think ZoS do a good job in general but the bug list desperately needs some attention now.

It’s time for quality over quantity untill things run like they used too or close anyway.

English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steel-256 wrote: »
    Can I get a yayuh!

No.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Imagine if ESO was taken over by BioWare with EA.

tenor.gif?itemid=10120660

O boi that could be either really good or really bad. On one hand, you have Dragon Age. But then there’s Anthem.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
This discussion has been closed.