The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Is it possible to kill twilight matriarch on mag necro?

Neloth
Neloth
✭✭✭✭
Just the title

Is it possible to kill twilight matriarch on mag necro? 34 votes

Yes
44%
WuffyCeruleiidkDagoth_RacXvorgEmma_OverloadDalsinthusAsmaelAedarylp00txCompM4sHotdog_23evonieeMassiveFumeszECHOImSoPro 15 votes
No
32%
milesrodneymcneely2_ESODemonDruagaMojomonkeymanTravestynoxJierdanitStibbonsecruMrsinister2katorgaStellarvorousInsco851 11 votes
I’m magsorc main and don’t care, my pet should be immortal
23%
schattenhundb16_ESOLordTareqanitajoneb17_ESOjwarren68susmitdsNelothoxygen_thiefItsNotLiving 8 votes
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wut?
    confused24.gif

Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 sorc rage - it’s not a nerf sorc thread, just the discussion about possible counterplay from mag necro side
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    Inb4 sorc rage - it’s not a nerf sorc thread, just the discussion about possible counterplay from mag necro side

Your options suggest otherwise...
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

Your options suggest otherwise...

Nah

Sometimes you see a nerf sorc thread, but it’s not there

I know, that happens
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter?

if you somehow get the shield and kill the tanky pet, they'll just resummon it and you'll just have to stand there as they do.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter?

if you somehow get the shield and kill the tanky pet, they'll just resummon it and you'll just have to stand there as they do.

On other classes killing the pet, start pressuring the sorc, CCing him on recast with immediate burst is a valid counter play against competent pet sorc

All these with immov pot up, to prevent getting counter CCed

On magcro it just doesn’t work in my opinion, since 90% of skills are AoE based
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those voting yes, care to explain how?

Should I just bring friends to Xvs1 him?
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter?

On other classes killing the pet, start pressuring the sorc, CCing him on recast with immediate burst is a valid counter play against competent pet sorc

All these with immov pot up, to prevent getting counter CCed

On magcro it just doesn’t work in my opinion, since 90% of skills are AoE based

Except mag sorcs now have 26k-30k hp and you can't really burst them. If they have cc immunity they'll just recast and you can't do anything.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's technically possible with a spammable and light attack weaving, but you're going to burn through a lot of resources for no real benefit. The only non-AOE skill you'll have besides a spammable is the Skeletal Mage (don't morph it for PvP, it just downgrades an already terrible skill). And with the extremely low damage and inability to choose the "pet's" target, it isn't worth using.
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Way to go Nerf Sorc Brigade; you made sorcs stronger.

Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying for the worst thread of the day championship? Valiant effort.
    Options
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    easy to kill amateur magsorc's pet.
    almost impossible to kill a pro magsorc's pet due to the extreme heal, shield and teleporting (instant move when to far from the user)
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    almost impossible to kill a pro magsorc's pet due to the extreme heal, shield and teleporting (instant move when to far from the user)

If the latter happens the sorc isn´t fighting you though?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Derra wrote: »

If the latter happens the sorc isn´t fighting you though?

They do this waiting for people to disengage and then turn around and burst kids.

You let off- they turn around.
    Edited by Insco851 on June 20, 2019 8:53PM
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter?

On other classes killing the pet, start pressuring the sorc, CCing him on recast with immediate burst is a valid counter play against competent pet sorcerer

Nope...
    Killing the pet is a waste of time and resources that you can't afford to waste vs a competent sorcerer.

As for the ridiculous poll, obviously it's possible to kill the pet if you focus on that. For any class including necromancer.

Edited by LordTareq on June 20, 2019 9:11PM
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    Does it matter?

On other classes killing the pet, start pressuring the sorc, CCing him on recast with immediate burst is a valid counter play against competent pet sorcerer

Nope...
    Killing the pet is a waste of time and resources that you can't afford to waste vs a competent sorcerer.

As for the ridiculous poll, obviously it's possible to kill the pet if you focus on that. For any class including necromancer.

Enlighten me, how should I do it on mag necro? with spammable and light attacks? Should the sorc be afk?

Edited by Neloth on June 21, 2019 5:11AM
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

Now I really want to hear your definition of "pro magsorc". Is that a sorc who frequently casts hardened and watches what his opponent is actually doing (e.g. if he is focuses a pet or him)?
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but there is no point in it really. You just waste time and resource’s going after the pet.

What I want is for sorcerer’s pets to get the same treatment as Necro’s and disappear after 8/16 seconds. Or at least be redesigned to work the same way.
    Options
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Los the sorc let the matriach follow and burst it down...
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    What makes a petsorc "pro" in my opinion is how well he deals with players who (try to) kill the pets. I love running with Tormentor Twilight and Clannfear because they always try to kill the Twilight first in the mistaken belief that they are blocking you from healing.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What makes a petsorc "pro" in my opinion is how well he deals with players who (try to) kill the pets. I love running with Tormentor Twilight and Clannfear because they always try to kill the Twilight first in the mistaken belief that they are blocking you from healing.

Tell em emma, tell em how broken this bs is!
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Los the sorc let the matriach follow and burst it down...
    Even if we assume the pet doesn't do the teleporting + instant-full-health-reset to move back to the Sorcerer, it's difficult to "burst it down" on a Magicka Necromancer, which was the point the OP was making. You basically have nothing but Light Attack + Spammable to deal with it (and if you're using Shock Clench with a Master Staff, you don't even get the spammable half of that equation).
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter?

Nope...

Enlighten me, how should I do it on mag necro? with spammable and light attacks? Should the sorc be afk?

Same way you kill an enemy player as a magicka necromancer...
    And no it's not that easy, not for any class really as hardened ward also shields the pet. Which brings us back to the point, why would you try to kill the pet?
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter?

Nope...

And no it's not that easy, not for any class really as hardened ward also shields the pet. Which brings us back to the point, why would you try to kill the pet?
    You would use the Blastbones on an enemy player (and cross your fingers, hoping that it actually connects in a halfway reasonable timeframe...which it probably won't). But since the Blastbones counts as an AOE attack, it won't do anything meaningful to the pet, if it even manages to land.

Magicka Necromancer's offense is garbage in general, and even worse against pets. Accidentally targeting a pet with the Blastbones is supremely annoying; the skeleton gets confused enough without the target teleporting around, and going a full 8 seconds without it doing anything really gimps your ability to do damage. And, as I said above, even if it does connect with the enemy pet the damage is going to be drastically less than 1 light attack.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a trick question.

Mag Necro struggles to kill anything
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter?

Nope...

Against enemy players my magcro has a fairly good toolkit : blastbones, one of 2 aoe class ults, elemental blockade, dawnbreaker, pulsar. Unfortunately they are all AOE based skills and do pathetic dmg against the pet.

When paired with overwhelming and BRB destro, it does a lot of dmg, especially against melee opponents.

So no, I can’t kill the pet the same way as players.

Also no, it’s not that hard to kill a pet on many other classes - for example pet melts against stam/magblades, magDK and other primary single target classes.

Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    It being possible does not make it a good idea, since Zos had the brilliant idea of making channel / cast time abilities impossible to interrupt.
    It's simple though, just use an ultimate :trollface:
    Edited by Asmael on June 22, 2019 10:10AM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Asmael wrote: »
    It being possible does not make it a good idea, since Zos had the brilliant idea of making channel / cast time abilities impossible to interrupt.

It is possible to interrupt a Twilight recast, and doing so prevents a recast for a couple seconds at least.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

It is possible to interrupt a Twilight recast, and doing so prevents a recast for a couple seconds at least.

Wait for a CC, break free, recast.

I remember Zos saying something along the lines of "we want to make players really think hard about using those abilities". Extremely poor change to say the least.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait for a CC, break free, recast.

I remember Zos saying something along the lines of "we want to make players really think hard about using those abilities". Extremely poor change to say the least.

That’s why you shouldn’t CC a sorc until he tries to recast the pet

CCing him during the recast will lock pet summon for a few seconds, but honestly I don’t remember when the timer on pet summon lock starts - immediately after he breaks free, or after the CC

> On other classes killing the pet, start pressuring the sorc, CCing him on recast with immediate burst is a valid counter play against competent pet sorc
    Options