Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction lock

bagon
bagon
✭✭✭
Roleplayers: "if you dont like the faction lock, go play in the non locked campaigns!"

Meanwhile literally every campaign is dead besides the main one. Sorry i want 2 actually pvp and im not a bot who gets farmed and tries 2 just pvdoor empty keeps.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ief7rdO.jpg
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it, and the way I suspect ZOS expected it to work out is that if it were really important to CP players to play with their multifaction friends or their other faction characters, those groups would go over to the 7-day campaign, and if its important enough to enough players, that campaign would become competitive.

As it is, I suspect we're seeing a different result.

Instead, many Multifaction players are sticking with the CP 30 day campaign and just complaining that they can't play with their friends/other faction characters, rather than commiting to multifaction play with friends/on other characters on the 7-day campaign.

In other words, I think this is a matter of "be the change you want to see". If you want to convince ZOS there's a huge demand for multifaction play, one of the best ways to do so would be for multifaction players to move to the 7-day campaign and make it a competitive server!

Otherwise, it looks to ZOS like everyone can live with faction locks, since they mostly stayed in the locked CP campaign. Players may not like it, but they didnt dislike it enough to leave en masse for the multifaction alternative, nor did they care enough about not being able to play with friends/other faction characters enough to change their regular gameplay habits.
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it, and the way I suspect ZOS expected it to work out is that if it were really important to CP players to play with their multifaction friends or their other faction characters, those groups would go over to the 7-day campaign, and if its important enough to enough players, that campaign would become competitive.

Instead, many Multifaction players are sticking with the CP 30 day campaign and just complaining that they can't play with their friends/other faction characters, rather than commiting to multifaction play with friends/on other characters on the 7-day campaign.

In other words, I think this is a matter of "be the change you want to see". If you want to convince ZOS there's a huge demand for multifaction play, one of the best ways to do so would be for multifaction players to move to the 7-day campaign and make it a competitive server!

Otherwise, it looks to ZOS like everyone can live with faction locks, since they mostly stayed in the locked CP campaign. Players may not like it, but they didnt dislike it enough to leave en masse for the multifaction alternative, nor did they care enough about not being able to play with friends/other faction characters enough to change their regular gameplay habits.

I honestly don't think this "be the change you want to see" concept even has a chance to work.

Say anti-locks are half the pop (just throwing that number since I have no way of truly knowing); considering as the pop on the only live campaign right now is 2-3 bars for the most part- even if miraculously you could convince all the anti-locks that they should go to the 7day camp, the pop there most of the day (except like 4ish hours around primetime) it would have 1-2 bars per faction tops. Just due to that, the majority of anti locks (and me included) don't go there but rather lock themselves to a faction in the only non-empty campaign and cry themselves to sleep at night.

I miss my toons of other factions :(
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

That doesn't really work in practice though. For it to work a huge amount of players would have to make the decision to switch to that campaign at the same time and stay there for long enough for players in the 30 day to catch on that there is good and consistent pvp there. As of now players will join the 7 day, wander around aimless maybe taking some empty resources and then leaving because there is barely any pvp. Its just not realistic for that kind of organisation to happen.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bagon wrote: »
    Sorry i want 2 actually pvp

So...what is actually stopping you from doing that?
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »

Have you tried to pvp on the non locked campaigns?
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »

I have only been EP (on all characters) on the 30 day campaigns from the start of the game. I don't need to hop to the winner to farm, which is what this is really about.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction Lock is hurting exploiters that can no longer cheat the leaderboard for 10+ 30-day rewards. FTFY

Everyone else is fine because they play on only one faction for leaderboard rewards like a correct person. If you want to play with your friends on another faction, go to another campaign - AP is AP. The only reason why you'd complain is because you're after the leaderboard so you can exploit it. You can't cheat anymore - get over it.

Truth.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Easy fix. Make 7 day campaign into a 30 day locked campaign and see how popular it is.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy fix. Make 7 day campaign into a 30 day locked campaign and see how popular it is.

Is it though? I've heard stories that the first campaign on the list is reason for the lopsided populations, so which should be listed first, locked or unlocked?
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Is it though? I've heard stories that the first campaign on the list is reason for the lopsided populations, so which should be listed first, locked or unlocked?

I think he means to turn it into a 30 day unlocked campaign.....
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JackAshes wrote: »

I know, so that would be 2 30 day CP campaigns. If people join the one that listed first on the campaign list, as some have claimed, which would be listed first?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JackAshes wrote: »

I know, so that would be 2 30 day CP campaigns. If people join the one that listed first on the campaign list, as some have claimed, which would be listed first?

Could change the names and swap the order each campaign.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

I have only been EP (on all characters) on the 30 day campaigns from the start of the game. I don't need to hop to the winner to farm, which is what this is really about.

Exactly, you haven't tried. Nobody is hopping to the winning side to farm because there is nothing to farm on the winning side.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Easier fix, leave it as it is and see how popular 7 days campaign gets.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly, you haven't tried. Nobody is hopping to the winning side to farm because there is nothing to farm on the winning side.

You act like you have nowhere to pvp at all, which is false.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

You act like you have nowhere to pvp at all, which is false.

No I didn't, you're just attaching arguments made by other people to me because I don't like the faction lock as well. There are plenty of places to find good pvp but the dead 7 day campaign is not one of them.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If Zos really did think people would spread out across different campaigns then they have not paid much attention to PvP over the past 5 years as a most all players have played in the same campaigns going all the way back to when we could pop lock two campaigns that had higher pop caps than we have today.

This was even when the PvP buffs carried over into PvE. Many homed in our "buff" campaign but PvPed in the campaign that more robust PvP.

Personally, I think this is just another case where Zos did not think things though at all which has been a real issue.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did CP 7 day campaign dead?
    That's because the anti faction lock players is not effort.
    The anti faction lock players should persuade friends and guilds to play in CP 7 day campaign.
    But the anti faction lock players keep doing nothing and keep crying.

Why are you not doing anything?
    It is up to you to revitalize the CP 7 day campaign.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you faction hop it should let you be flaggable and killable by ALL!
  • Roaldy
    Roaldy
    ✭✭✭

i wonder if faction locks got put on the 7 day the same would have happened with all the pro faction lock players....
    Hagnado
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

As there are already several other active threads about Faction Lock, we have decided to close this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.