The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Share addon settings across 2 accounts on the same system?

Bloodraven187
Bloodraven187
✭✭✭
So I bought a second account and all my adons and global settings carry over just fine. but anything specific to the account and character does not. I have an addon that lets me share my settings across characters on the same account, so that part isn't a problem for my main one. I set everything up on my second account last night before going to bed. I wake up and non of the character settings saved, eitehr those from ZOS or the addons on the second account. Is it possible to have 2 active accounts on the same machine without having to manually set the second account's settings every time I log into the game? For that matter are you even allowed to have multiple active accounts on the same system?
  • Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭
    So there is now a new reason to tell people not to buy through steam. I bought my original account from them before 1-Tamriel, lucky me I get to bypass the steam login service. however for play hours tracking i reinstalled it in a different directory so I can track hours played but not have to worry about it *** up. added a pinned shortcut to my taskbar for laziness so i didn't have to navigate manually to client on my non-steam install. When I was having all my troubles I was launching my main account on the steam and my secondary on the non-steam install.

Once I used 2 instances of the non-steam install most of the issues went away. There are still some that are not carrying over or saving their information on the second account but none of them are overly important. So yeah...steam and non steam can't use the same addons settings. You have to pick one. Because steam is trash for mmo's.
  • Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭
    and completely didn't catch that I had used the f-bomb in there. was unintentional, but since it takes a while before I can edit my own post this reply will have to do instead
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For AddOn settings, it depends on the way the AddOn is written. I'd venture to guess that most (if not all) AddOns save user settings on a per account basis.

However it *is* possible to share AddOn settings between accounts but the AddOn author has to specifically account (no pun intended) for that. There is space in the SavedVariables file of an AddOn where you can store data that is global for all accounts on that computer but usually settings are saved under the current account.

My TTMP AddOn uses that to make its mapping data globally available to all accounts on the same computer (but i don't use the global space for settings). So you can share the same mapping data between a PC account and a Steam account on the same computer.
    type.gif