The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can a tank ever get emp?

RapidUrsa
RapidUrsa
✭✭✭✭
I run a tank main and was wonder if this is even achievable? Has anyone done this and if so how?
About Me
Xbox One - EU
Gamertag - RapidUrsa
Overall CP - 500
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone and anything can get EMP
    However you just have to play - none stop to stay on the top of the leader board.
    Best way to do it is just as the campaign resets so you have less to make up for, you might even get it that same day if you're really lucky.

If you're adamant on just making a build to soak up damage then i advise running in a group and running some good group utility, heals / barrier / war horn / siege shield etc.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ye just put vigor for some ult regen and assists and u good to go.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emp has very little to do with class or player ability. Time spent efficiently gaining AP and bringing your alliance up to accepting to help you should be your goals.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Jazz_Funk
    Jazz_Funk
    ✭✭✭
    I like to play a tank and I have been emperor dozens of times.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This reminded me of Nigel,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vJkEnYXYgU

An oldie, but a golden one.

cc @IxSTALKERxI
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Emp on Blazingplar years ago, so why not.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, I've run with several.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emp is mostly about time spent and having a group that will push the ring for you when you are on top. There have been wall repair emps. Being a tank is absolutely no detriment.

Staying a Tank as emp is an utter waste of your new passives, though.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're unemployed then yes you can get emp
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've gotten emp playing ungrouped zerg surfing on a healer with nothing but reflective light, rapid regen, wall repair kits, oils and meatbags, with like 0 damage. (on main campaign, 500k+ ap/ day)
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on June 12, 2019 3:50PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tylos001 wrote: »
    I run a tank main and was wonder if this is even achievable? Has anyone done this and if so how?

It would help to know which class you play.

IF you are a Necro tank, becoming Emp should be REALLY easy ;)
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seen a 80000hp tank get emp, 128000ish up with emp was awesome.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen many tanks try. It doesn't look fun. If you're a tank you literally have to follow groups around all day to leech their ap because you can't actually do anything yourself. I've always played and always will play damage roll because that's the point of PVP.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not change your build up until you get emp, then you respec to tank ? Doesn't really cost much and you can use easy-to-get crafted gear like julianos/hundings + shackle or something.

I did this with my argonian magblade. Played as a bomber to get the emp, then respecced to a 120k+ hp healthtank with dark cloak and had some fun :smiley:
    EU | PC
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're unemployed then yes you can get emp

Soo much this^^^^
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can I ask a question not really related to this topic maybe. Is the AP gain from healing the same regardless your healing ticks? For example, a tank with no stats using vigor that barely heals, do he get the same AP from healing others compared to a full healer spamming springs in light armor?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On EU quite a lot of siege tank got insane ap. The trick it to cap the map while everyone is asleep and bonus if you also have double ap bonus from pvdoor of the other faction.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23