Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Elsweyr or previous areas?

ljrichardson11b16_ESO
So Just started a new character and I was surprised to find I could jump straight into Elsweyr, but I was wondering am I missing out on much if I didn't do the previous expansions? Is it worth just continuing to level in Elsweyr and then just going back when I'm done with it?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a storyline perspective, Elsweyr takes place after the Main Quest. However, if you are okay with meeting some NPCs for the "first" time after you've already met them for Elsweyr, it won't be a big deal. The Main Quest begins with the quest from the Hooded Figure in your faction's starter city.

As for the previous chapters, Morrowind, Clockwork City, and Summerset form their own self contained story arc: the Daedric War.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 11, 2019 9:48PM
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    The advantage in leveling through the main quest is that it gives you a skill point for every quest you complete. Also there are some lucrative bookshelves in one of the quests near the end.