Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Necromancer Mount/Synergies/Buffs Issues

Kyzeragon
Kyzeragon
✭✭
Ever since last night, maybe around 10~11pm PDT, my stamina necromancer has been having issues with combat and buffs. I have listed a few other forum posts that have similar issues, but I created a new bug report because I am also having issues in combat that the other ones do not mention. Please see References section at bottom of the post for the other forum posts as well as some image references.

I first noticed these issues while running dungeons yesterday, I think vSpindle2 or vDirefrost was the first I noticed the block issue in, and vVoM was the first one I noticed the synergy issues in. This is on PC NA.
  1. Stuck with the block symbol always up in front of my character, even when not blocking. Ref #2 mentions this bug. Ref #5 is the image of my character with the block symbol stuck on it.
    - How to reproduce: hold block and then rolldodge. It might take a few times, but I was able to reproduce this twice after relogging. It does not happen on any other characters.
  2. Cannot sprint while mounted -- it starts to sprint but then stops a split second later, and the sprint meter takes only a small dip and returns to full. Refs #1~#3 all mention this bug
  3. Using Rapid Maneuver while mounted does not apply the buff. The animation and sound goes through, but no speed boost is achieved. Ref #3 mentions this. I was able to use it a few seconds later after I dismounted, but it only applied Major Expedition, not Major Gallop.
  4. Unable to use synergies, such as energy orbs, 90% of the time. The animation and sound goes through, but the synergy is not activated and the resource return/buffs/debuffs are not applied. The synergy cooldown is not applied either, so I end up spamming X on a stream of orbs but none of them pop.
  5. Buffs are all kinds of bugged. I tried to parse on the 21m HP Iron Atronach dummy, and the buffs and synergy application was very inconsistent:
    • Self buffs were inconsistent in application. For example, the Hawk Eye buff from bow skill line only continuously applied 1 stack, even though I was spamming only bow light attacks at the dummy. It is supposed to stack up to 5 times for a 5 second duration.
    • Iron Atronach dummy buffs were also inconsistent. When I enter combat with the dummy, I am supposed to receive multiple buffs such as Major Force, Major Courage, Minor Berserk, Aggressive Horn, etc. at 100% uptime. However, in actuality, I only received some of the buffs, and it seems like more of them were applied when I swapped bars. As seen in the Combat Metrics parse (Ref #4), I had the correct uptimes for Minor Prophecy/Berserk/Brutality/Savagery/Sorcery, but had very low uptime on Aggresive Horn, Major Force, Major Courage, and probably more down the list that don't fit in the window.
    • The provided shard synergy did not work correctly. I am supposed to get the shard synergy almost immediately after starting combat, but in some attempts it only showed up later, and in some attempts it didn't show up at all. In addition, when I activated the synergy, just like in issue #4 above, it did not apply the resource return, I did not get the synergy cooldown, but the animation showed that the synergy had been taken. Interestingly, the synergy's green circle went away, only to drop on me again after about 5 seconds -- so this is definitely not client side. The server is recognizing that I "used" the synergy, but for whatever reason then thought I didn't, because it gave me the synergy again. If it wasn't bugged, it should be providing the synergy every 20+ seconds, 5 seconds doesn't make any sense at all.
    • My damage is almost halved. This may be due in part to the above 3 sub-issues, with the lack of buffs, but I should mention anyway. In the parse in Ref #4, I obviously did not finish the parse because the buff and synergy issues were abysmal, but notice that I was in combat for 1:46, so not including the time that I stopped trying, there was about 1:30 mins that I was actually parsing. My usual parse with this character is 90k if completing the dummy. I haven't reached execute with the 1:30 of course, but at 1:30 into a parse on the stam necro I'm usually looking at around 80k DPS, and it rises to 90k in execute phase. The 40k I am getting here (should adjust the number a bit because of damage falloff while waiting for combat to end, but the point stands) is about half of the DPS I would normally be expecting. I don't believe that the lower uptime on buffs accounts for ~40% of DPS, because there are still several important buffs like Minor Berserk at 97%, and the 21m dummy should be giving about 1.5x the DPS compared to a 6m dummy with no raid buffs.
  6. Food buff didn't apply for several tries. I tried to eat Lava Foot Soup-and-Saltrice 2~3 times, and it did not increase my stats, even though the food was consumed. It eventually worked, I think possibly after I relogged, but even with the relog, the other issues above persisted.

I don't recall getting these issues on other characters, and I also tried logging off of the stam necro, then did a parse on my stam nightblade with the same gear, which gave the correct amount of DPS. Then I swapped back to stam necro and the bugs were all back again.

I recorded several of these issues but am not at my PC to compile them right now, I can upload something in about 11 hours from now.
    Ref #1 mentions that dying might fix the issue, I will try that when I get home and update this thread.

References:
    [1] https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/475544/necromancer-unplayable-issue-cant-sprint-mount
    [2] https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/479502/cant-sprint-only-occasionally-mount-and-block-symbol-always-up
    [3] https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/479521/can-one-character-be-bugged-when-the-others-are-ok
    [4] https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/468836797305061382/587934832953131009/unknown.png
    [5] https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/468836797305061382/587934616397283339/unknown.png
Edited by Kyzeragon on June 12, 2019 3:53PM
  • Bl4ckPope
    Bl4ckPope
    ✭✭
    I seems dying fix's the sprinting , Rapid Manoeuvre, weapon switching.
    Not tested anything else but unfortunately I died with the block symbol on me and ressed at a wayshrine with same bug. Hopefully dying is a temp fix for all the other necro bugs
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this summary, same problems here, stam necro.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issues here, also stam necro. Didn't have any of these problems a couple days ago.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue: specifically avid boneyard for me, I cannot trigger the grave robber synergy

I also have the shield from guard stuck
  • ruumwolf
    ruumwolf
    Soul Shriven
    Yep just noticed this last night. Disabled all addons and mainly notice when I block cancel venom skull I will get locked in block and have to relog. Some other skills seem to do it as well.
  • Kyzeragon
    Kyzeragon
    ✭✭
    Update: Dying to slaughterfish (in my house) appears to have fixed the issue. The block shield was still there after respawning, but upon switching zones it went away and I haven't been able to reproduce it. Synergies, mounts, and combat are back to normal.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES!!! This and all of this for 3 days now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cant use any XP scroll either so missing out there as well. Not fun guys, not fun. But the OP has nailed it, all the same issues I had and am having right now.
    PCNA is where I am at, and yea, same as others, only the Necro.
    Edited by Joxer61 on June 12, 2019 5:00AM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "that dying might fix the issue"

this should NEVER be the solution.
  • Jazz_Funk
    Jazz_Funk
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to be having all sorts of issues with my StamNecro. All of the above plus I cant mount at all, beckoning armor has no graphic on my back, cant bar swap, skeletal archer is not appearing. It just feel like a mess right now.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyzeragon wrote: »
    Update: Dying to slaughterfish (in my house) appears to have fixed the issue. The block shield was still there after respawning, but upon switching zones it went away and I haven't been able to reproduce it. Synergies, mounts, and combat are back to normal.

Again...."dying" is not a fix. ZOS needs to address this. A lot of folks cant play and/or are paying out heaps of money due to bountys.
  • Kyzeragon
    Kyzeragon
    ✭✭
    Never said it should be the permanent solution. Anyway, here are the few clips I got if it helps with debugging.

https://youtu.be/ONcJuYSMTOo
    0:00 Food bug
    0:34 Block bug
    0:57 Block bug again
    1:05 Synergy bug
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    02ha4q42r0e3.png

ykeci9820glz.png
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to at least get some acknowledgement of the problem. It feels like crap to have the class I pay for being literally broken. I'm having all sorts of issues with my necro.

1- Problems sprinting...sprints like 3 feet and stops.

2- Permanent blocking graphic...pretty self explanatory.

3- Unable to activate synergies...most notably the avid boneyard morph.

4- Unavoidable bounties...game decides to act as if you have a summon active, all the time...so as soon as you approach any white aura npc, you get flagged for a bounty.

5- Issues being able to summon skeletal archer...possibly related to #4.

6- Not being able to stealth due to permanent detection.

7- Buffs randomly not activating from passives or abilities(had an interesting one earlier where rapid maneuver only gave me foot speed and not mount speed).

8- Food randomly not applying stat buffs.

This isn't even remotely acceptable.
  • eagles9595b16_ESO
    eagles9595b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Just experienced the same bugged on my Stamina Necro Character.

It started with the permanent block bugged while doing Fulgazl grotto II dungeon.
    Then once I returned into town I had the mount sprting bug... I could sprint for 2 sec and then it stopped by itself.
    I logged off and logged on my character, didn't fix it.. I close ESO and completly restarted it.. no positive result.
    I closed everything and restarted my PC, no result , I did still have the same bugs with new ones, I couldn't swap weapon.

ONLY SOLUTION was to attack a guard and let him kill me.

Now it's all good but for how long...???

Hope ZoS will fix all these issues quickly

Have fun
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to at least get some acknowledgement of the problem. It feels like crap to have the class I pay for being literally broken. I'm having all sorts of issues with my necro.

2- Permanent blocking graphic...pretty self explanatory.

3- Unable to activate synergies...most notably the avid boneyard morph.

4- Unavoidable bounties...game decides to act as if you have a summon active, all the time...so as soon as you approach any white aura npc, you get flagged for a bounty.

5- Issues being able to summon skeletal archer...possibly related to #4.

6- Not being able to stealth due to permanent detection.

7- Buffs randomly not activating from passives or abilities(had an interesting one earlier where rapid maneuver only gave me foot speed and not mount speed).

8- Food randomly not applying stat buffs.

This isn't even remotely acceptable.

Again, I ask.....WHAT IS BEING DONE ABOUT ALL THIS??? Game isn't playable in this state. How is this even acceptable??
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Had this happen to me yesterday in PvP on my Mag Necro. I thought it was lag but now I saw this thread here...
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Jazz_Funk
    Jazz_Funk
    ✭✭✭
    I play 18 different character and am only experiencing these constant issues on my StamNecro. My other Necros, Magicka (healer/DD) and Health (tank) are fine. I do not understand why it is happening only to this particular character. I thought it might be an add-on so turned off all addons, rebooted and the bugs persist. Does anyone have a clue as to how to solve these issues? For me the StamNecro is broken and completely unplayable and this is extremely frustrating.
  • Vaneur
    Vaneur
    ✭✭✭
    Same issues here, with my necromancer aswell; in addition, 2h battle rush passive, after killing an enemy with my 2h bar; and potions recoveries buffs, after drinking a potion, doesn't work
  • YOB
    YOB
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please help with this issue
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    making it very hard to run ANYTHING when my bar locks up.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    YOB wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please help with this issue

Or at least acknowledge it exists and is being worked on. This is a brand new class busted
  • Kyzeragon
    Kyzeragon
    ✭✭
    Jazz_Funk wrote: »
    I play 18 different character and am only experiencing these constant issues on my StamNecro. My other Necros, Magicka (healer/DD) and Health (tank) are fine. I do not understand why it is happening only to this particular character. I thought it might be an add-on so turned off all addons, rebooted and the bugs persist. Does anyone have a clue as to how to solve these issues? For me the StamNecro is broken and completely unplayable and this is extremely frustrating.

I also play 18 characters and this is the only one. One of my guildies also had this happen on stam necro only, and another who has been playing mag necro a lot hasn't had the issue. All the images/videos I've seen posted so far are stamina necromancers, but others don't mention their spec (except one mag above but only the sprint bug in Cyro which everyone gets anyway). Wonder if that's a common factor. Doesn't seem to be a two-handed/dual wield thing, I was using 2-handed when the issues started, my guildie was using dual wield, and I see mentions of both in this thread.

Also, to temporarily solve this issue, go die to something. So far I've heard everyone who has tried it has gotten out of the bad state.
    Edited by Kyzeragon on June 12, 2019 4:04PM
  • BadShogun
    BadShogun
    ✭✭✭
    Kyzer, these are obviously stealth nerfs being introduced by an industrious cabal within the development and QA team that all main nightblades.
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Same issues as of this morning. Last night staves were added to my skill line even though my stam necro has never used one.
  • Kyzeragon
    Kyzeragon
    ✭✭
    DiNanna63 wrote: »
    Same issues as of this morning. Last night staves were added to my skill line even though my stam necro has never used one.

Did you perhaps read a bookshelf, pile of books, etc? Those can grant you the skill line.
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    I have also encountered most of the bugs listed here with my stam necro since mondays maintenance, and only with stam necro, no issues with other characters. While trying to test things on dummy with stam necro I also found out that maelstrom-bow is somehow bugged with my stam necro. It seems weapons swap disables vma-effect and endless hail begins to tick low flat damage like there was no vma-bow. When staying on bow-bar it works as it should and damage increases.

Buffs from potions also doesn`t work as they should. My stam necro use potions that give major brutality, savagery and endurance, but after many parses where using potions on cooldown, combat metrics claim I had very low uptime to those buffs.Major savagery and/or endurance can also be totally missing and not up at all.

Avid boneyards synergy also breaks when swapping weapon, without swap it works normaly, but when dropping boneyard and weapon swapping, synergy can be "used", as its animation does play, but it doesn`t deal damage nor proc Lokketiiz set.

So, what the heck is wrong with stamina necromancer now? It seems weapon swap can break vma-bow, potion buffs and avid boneyards synergy. Wouldn`t surprise if it would break something else aswell that have not been found out yet.
    Am I only one with these specific issues?
  • Rhumor
    Rhumor
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having most of the same problems on my StamNecro also. Very frustrating when you can't mount, sprint, or switch weapons.
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Kyzeragon wrote: »
    DiNanna63 wrote: »

Did you perhaps read a bookshelf, pile of books, etc? Those can grant you the skill line.

I didn't think of that. Maybe I did. That's probably why I now have that skill line.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 ongoing threads on this issue.

I along with the other bugs I tried to double click/right click and use an experience scroll but it did nothing.
  • Kazzari
    Kazzari
    I'm leveling an orc stam necro, playing on PC, EU-server and I'm having all the problems the OP and darthgummibear_ESO, etc. listed.
    And last night I couldn't mount up or weapon swap and my stam necro's bow is dragging between her feet when I'm on my dual wield bar.
    Temp fix : Dying (I jumped of a nice steep cliff) seems to help for some problems (block icon, mount and weapon swap).
    Glad I'm still leveling my character, because I couldn't bring these problems into my trial groups or vet dungeon runs.
    Whatever you guys fixed in that last patch, could you un-fix it, please?! Or re-re-fix it or something!!
    Please!

OK, next day - Bugs are back. Got a bounty but had no necro pet out and wasn't casting any skills, can't mount up, can't weapon swap, and when I stealth I am perma-detected . Going to go kill myself again. >:(
    Bounties are starting to cost and having to kill myself is not making me a happy camper!!
    Edited by Kazzari on June 13, 2019 2:49PM