The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about getting oneshot in PvP

• Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirate Skeli monster set,3x protective transmutation jewellery +ice staff, willpower lightning staff and Innate Axiom light body.(My nocp Templar set up)

Add tri stats and get your health to at least 21k other wise you will die to the caluurian gank cheese. With that much hp you can react and heal up, when i was last on no cp with my sorc I was running 19k hp and i would get insta killed with no reaction time.
    Edited by Most_Awesome on June 10, 2019 7:48PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could also switch Transmuation with Impreg. Impreg will give you a constant impen buff.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Sounds like you got out played.

19k resists is nothing. Get close to 30k resists and maybe you’ll last long enough to heal.

i run with 10k resistences and i'm fine. it's all about the build
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should have 2k crit resist minimum and try to reach capped resists. I think it's stupid people can achieve this kind of burst but it is what it is. Right now it's go tank or go home.

The people that went full on HA bruisers got one shotted like that at one point of time as a wake up call :D .

The devs wonder how to make other armor types good and yet their combat direction seems to be more stupid damage after more stupid damage and burst damage on top of that. We are at a point where anything bu HA will get you destroyed in pvp unless you have a ton of support from your group.

Hey you may think its ok to make fun of the guy, but his confusion is perfectly normal. Getting deleted in a sec is not a normal thing in an mmo. You should die a lot quicker sure, but one shot i think not.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitaka211 wrote: »
    You should have 2k crit resist minimum and try to reach capped resists. I think it's stupid people can achieve this kind of burst but it is what it is. Right now it's go tank or go home.

The people that went full on HA bruisers got one shotted like that at one point of time as a wake up call :D .

The devs wonder how to make other armor types good and yet their combat direction seems to be more stupid damage after more stupid damage and burst damage on top of that. We are at a point where anything bu HA will get you destroyed in pvp unless you have a ton of support from your group.

Hey you may think its ok to make fun of the guy, but his confusion is perfectly normal. Getting deleted in a sec is not a normal thing in an mmo. You should die a lot quicker sure, but one shot i think not.

u saw hes talking about NOCP right. so either way u lie or have to little experience. what is it ?

i guess u were on the X side of a 1 vs X video in CP PVP. but yes in cp pvp go tank or go home.

u also dont have much mmo experience it seems u certainly didnt play gw 2 for example. also there is no oneshot in eso its a skillcombo limited by the gcd.

u even read the posts ? noone rly makes fun of him we gave him advice and hes making progress right now.

Edited by Noctus on June 11, 2019 5:11PM
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Many time people that get oneshot are just playing wrong,you need more than a good build to survive.
    For example you can have good resist and all but youre playing wrong and have a slow reaction and you just die.

Just today i had a fight on my mageblade vs a dk he was super tanky with good dmg i missplayed and died and he shortly whispered my for the good fight.

The next bg i literally melted one guy and he whispered me that i was cheating "firing 7 skill in one second"lol

Just to show the difference with 2 player and how they can react in just 2 different bg.

Also i have a 7medium armor nb or a 5/1/1 (light)mageblade/magsorc/magnecro and still i don't get oneshot or die in 1 sec.
    Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on June 12, 2019 12:20AM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many time people that get oneshot are just playing wrong,you need more than a good build to survive.
    For example you can have good resist and all but youre playing wrong and have a slow reaction and you just die.

Just today i had a fight on my mageblade vs a dk he was super tanky with good dmg i missplayed and died and he shortly whispered my for the good fight.

The next bg i literally melted one guy and he whispered me that i was cheating "firing 7 skill in one second"lol

Just to show the difference with 2 player and how they can react in just 2 different bg.

Also i have a 7medium armor nb or a 5/1/1 (light)mageblade/magsorc/magnecro and still i don't get oneshot or die in 1 sec.

i have a medium armor dk with no critresist for bg and still dont get oneshot. some ppl these days rly like to talk crap on forum.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feranash wrote: »

Caluurions can not one shot players, there must be a combo to proc the set to hit the target.

sounds like another care bear getting ready for a new nerf thread on the forums,

squishy got outplayed!

Not sure what you mean by 'outplayed'. He litterly just pressed: 1-Left mouse-R-Left mouse 2.

Both players went to go to a player vs player area, both players had different intentions in playing player vs player, its quite obvious the OP got killed by another player through viable tactics and strategic positioning.

out played!
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    19k resists are low and so is 1700 crit resists. You’re gonna get ganked silly.

You can build tanky in light armor and stay in impen if you’re getting ganked at all.
  • Varaug_Gaming
    Varaug_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    get yourself 5 pieces light armour in fortified brass with the cuirass heavy and the legs medium or heavy if you dont care about max undaunted passive

then your 2 monster set pieces light

together with protective jewelry that would be quite high defense

use food that gives max hp together with magicka like witchmothers brew and always keep it up in cyrodiil

i assume you are a templar healer, maybe try a backbar with sword and shield, with the sword being defending and the shield impenetrable

as an alternative you can also wear a sustain set in heavy for example seducer or shacklebreaker in heavy with the gloves medium and belt light