Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO on Google Stadia

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »
    unless they miraculously fixed all the issues that playstation now had and still has? its not going to improve performance on an online game even a little bit. going to be nice to try out some offline games I don't feel like buying though. maybe. we shall see.
    For consoles and ESO, PS5 and xbox two(?) will be awesome, even better once ESO is optimized for them.

again, i don't know. I've had ps now subscription, before we took the plunge and bought ps4. it had... issues. with imput lag. with visual glitches. occasionally it would just right out disconnect, and its NOT due to my internet connection. the main difference so far seems like which devices you can use stadia on (ps now can be limited) and its for pc rather then playstation games.
    PS4 is pretty weak compared to current PC, PS5 estimates looks good especially on the CPU and SSD fronts who is most important for ESO.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • CowNRB
    CowNRB
    ✭✭✭
    might hear more about this At BE3
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless they miraculously fixed all the issues that playstation now had and still has? its not going to improve performance on an online game even a little bit. going to be nice to try out some offline games I don't feel like buying though. maybe. we shall see.
    For consoles and ESO, PS5 and xbox two(?) will be awesome, even better once ESO is optimized for them.

again, i don't know. I've had ps now subscription, before we took the plunge and bought ps4. it had... issues. with imput lag. with visual glitches. occasionally it would just right out disconnect, and its NOT due to my internet connection. the main difference so far seems like which devices you can use stadia on (ps now can be limited) and its for pc rather then playstation games.
    PS4 is pretty weak compared to current PC, PS5 estimates looks good especially on the CPU and SSD fronts who is most important for ESO.

PS now doesn't require any console - i originally played it on a smart TV, but its also available for pc now. its a streaming gaming service. aka what stadia is promising to be. which is why i'm skeptical. its not about your personal hardware. its about latency via streaming. how bad the imput lag is going to get. how steady connection is going to be.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can not wait to read this.

Untitled-1.jpg
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    So, how is that going to work? Google will spy on players while playing and paying and will then advise, in exchange for cut from profits, videogambling companies how to milk players more effectively?

I call this the double trouble milky-way.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    I think Stadia is a beefed up RDP (remote desktop), where the only data that are to be transferred are input data from mouse/keyboard/gamepad and of course the actual video stream. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joker99 wrote: »
    If that’s the case, Let’s hope they have better servers then what were currently getting. It’s really sad what state the server performance is in right now

Further shows that people have no idea what Stadia is, you're not gonna get separate servers for it, you'll still play on one of the megaservers currently available and you won't get better performance, maybe better fps but significantly worse ping and tremendous input lag.

You'll all be honorary Aussies!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rontabs77 wrote: »
    I think Stadia is a beefed up RDP (remote desktop), where the only data that are to be transferred are input data from mouse/keyboard/gamepad and of course the actual video stream. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That is exactly what it looks like and appears to be going after the console market, not the PC market. What will be interesting is how Zos will be on that service. I seriously doubt anyone here has a reason to get excited about this concerning their ESO game but we will find out more soon enough.
  • DarkJediJin
    I seriously doubt there will be any worse or better lag than we currently experience. About a year ago, I rented some Amazon server space where you can custom create a cloud PC, and played DOS 2 and SWTOR. It basically mimics a PC but the Google version will be on steroids. I played at max settings, never an issue and with SWTOR, that's saying something.

In terms of needed speed, look at the specs. By today's standards, those are very low speeds. The human eye cannot see at 4K, so if you're hoping for 1080 with stereo, you're looking at 20-25 MPS. Even 720P, which is decent, only requires 10MPS.

If Google goes at it the same way, it mimics having your own rig, it won't be an issue. They even say this indirectly, noting in the E3(?) demo that whatever you use (PC, laptop, tablet etc ...) will basically act as a monitor- nothing else. That is identical to the Amazon system I used but Google is a TON cheaper.