The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Either Add More Servers or Get Rid of The Lock

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh? So you really do want to force everyone to play as you do.
    To play properly as the game was meant to be played, yes.

Can you explain to me why ZOS implemented bonus rewards for playing an underpopulated faction if having characters on multiple factions was not intended?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m super worried about this. On ps4 tonight it’s all red max lock and yellow has one bar and blue has two. The map is all red. It’s not fun if there is no one to fight.

Fix this.

I saw it last night - but I really think it's temporary. A lot of players were building new characters or exploring the new content. They'll be back, and with keeps now worth 5 points, a big score lead can be eaten up pretty quickly. 28 days left in the campaign, and I suspect it will become competitive again soon.
    PS4NA
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    I’m super worried about this. On ps4 tonight it’s all red max lock and yellow has one bar and blue has two. The map is all red. It’s not fun if there is no one to fight.

Fix this.

I saw it last night - but I really think it's temporary. A lot of players were building new characters or exploring the new content. They'll be back, and with keeps now worth 5 points, a big score lead can be eaten up pretty quickly. 28 days left in the campaign, and I suspect it will become competitive again soon.

So innocent, so naive.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Can you explain to me why ZOS implemented bonus rewards for playing an underpopulated faction if having characters on multiple factions was not intended?
    Bonus rewards for playing an underpopulated faction are obviously intended to mitigate the population imbalances, but I fail to see the connection to the second half of your statement. No one said having characters on multiple factions was not intended. Just not intended to be used in the SAME campaign.
    Lethal zergling
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The first week the expansion dropped on PC/NA EP had Kaal poplocked and AD/DC had 2 bars every time I played. Give it time and you will see population go back to normal.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    The first week the expansion dropped on PC/NA EP had Kaal poplocked and AD/DC had 2 bars every time I played.
    Curious. What campaign are you referring to, and what time of day did you play?

Lethal zergling
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    The first week the expansion dropped on PC/NA EP had Kaal poplocked and AD/DC had 2 bars every time I played. Give it time and you will see population go back to normal.

Again, please actually read my post, I’m not talking about server population. I’m talking about not being able to play non-cp on 2/3rds of my characters.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, please actually read my post, I’m not talking about server population. I’m talking about not being able to play non-cp on 2/3rds of my characters.
    Can I ask how often you played non-CP on all of your characters in the past?
    Lethal zergling
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Bonus rewards for playing an underpopulated faction are obviously intended to mitigate the population imbalances, but I fail to see the connection to the second half of your statement. No one said having characters on multiple factions was not intended. Just not intended to be used in the SAME campaign.

Ok - explain to me please:

How am i supposed to get rewarded for trying to mitigate population imbalances in a campaign if i´m not allowed to switch from an overpopulated faction to an underpopulated one?
    Your statement makes no sense from my pov - because to mitigate imbalances being able to switch faction is somewhat mandatory.

Also there haven´t been enough active campaigns for atleast 30 months now - so playing different factions on different active campaigns is not an option in the games reality.
    Edited by Derra on June 5, 2019 5:03PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    More servers does not solve the issue of pop locks. Even back when we have more than enough servers and all were 90 day servers we all still flocked to the same two campaigns.

Yes, back then we could fill two campaigns even though the pop cap was much higher than today.

Most players want to go to the more active campaigns because there is more PvP.

And still having more empty severs isn’t the answer.

Don’t get me wrong. This mess is all Zos’ doing and their lack of thinking things through. They really screwed the pooch on this one and have shown a complete disregard for their player base. As long as the same top guy keeps running the show we will continue to see such poor decisions being made.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counter proposal: get rid of CP and reboot with one 30 day locked and one 30 day unlocked campaign. If long term population pressure shows they’re needed, add additional 7 day campaigns as needed, or if one of the 30 day is seriously underpopulated long-term all the time, get rid of it.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Counter proposal: get rid of CP and reboot with one 30 day locked and one 30 day unlocked campaign. If long term population pressure shows they’re needed, add additional 7 day campaigns as needed, or if one of the 30 day is seriously underpopulated long-term all the time, get rid of it.

Counter-counter: Keep CP and do exactly the rest of this.

Edit: But make sure the locked one is the first choice on the campaign list :)
    Edited by Sandman929 on June 5, 2019 5:21PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Marcus684 wrote: »

Counter-counter: Keep CP and do exactly the rest of this.

Edit: But make sure the locked one is the first choice on the campaign list :)

I'd also be ok with that.
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask how often you played non-CP on all of your characters in the past?

Pretty often. I definitely played my EP character more, but I've played plenty of AD as well, and I recently started playing on DC toons.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have what we wanted, now it's time to help out fellow gamers who may disagree with us get what they need as well, which is an unlocked no-cp campaign.
    And I think it's time we locked all campaigns.

Proof that your intent is just to upset people you disagree with. There are only two modes of play, CP and non-CP. There is no reason to have more than two locked servers.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems the only thing we are missing is an unlocked 7 day Non-CP Campaign?
    is that genuinely what all the fuss is about?
    Is everyone who is in uproar at the moment someone who only plays non-CP?
    Genuinely curious as it seems to be the most valid argument that I keep seeing.

My only concern with this is that the unlocked campaign is currently very empty, which doesn't seem to support the theory that there is a large percentage of the population who would take advantage of an unlocked campaign, CP or otherwise.
    Maybe people could focus their efforts on petitioning ZOS for that 7 day Non-CP Campaign, and hopefully if it gets the results everyone will be happy - which is after-all the end goal I presume.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark my words: faction change tokens were the motivation of introducing faction lock and ofc you will only be able to use them if you have the "All races all alliances pack" :)
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should have three of everything, one for each alliance. That would allow those of us with toons in all three alliances to play them in a fair choice of campaigns and still satisfy the tinfoil hat crowd. That way when our group of AD friends come on, we could go team up with them, and when our EP friends come on, we could go team up with them, etc, and not get cheated decent rewards just because one set of friends happens to be on more often than another in a given month.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    This Faction Lock is absolutely ridiculous. I have DC, AD, and EP toons I all liked to play Non-CP on, and now that there's only one Non-CP server, and it's faction locked, my Aldmeri and Daggerfall toons are completely worthless now after all the time I've spent on them.

I don't understand why they thought this faction lock would be a good idea in conjunction with deleting servers. If anything, this makes me not want to play PvP at all anymore with how they just completely disregarded 2/3rds of my characters.

Welcome! Glad to see I am not the only one starting threads about this. I have been trying to bring attention to No CP = No Choice, we got screwed. I was actually attempting to point it out since it was announced.

#FreeNoCP
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about this as a solution... give us each (CP and NoCP) another 30 day server that is unlocked? Then see if people actually go there. Give No CP people an optional place to play.

#FreeNoCP
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    game was allowing for cheats and faction hoping and the option to make multiple characters in all alliances and many problems with that and people took advantage of it and made multiple characters on all alliances.
    faction locks now make cheating harder to do. i approve of those changes.

Glad you approve???

So in your mind, for clarification purposes only... faction swapping is cheating somehow?

#FreeNoCP
    Edited by Dutchessx on June 6, 2019 12:44PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    How about this as a solution... give us each (CP and NoCP) another 30 day server that is unlocked? Then see if people actually go there. Give No CP people an optional place to play.

#FreeNoCP

I will go to the locked cmpaign no matter what, and so will others i know, i cant speak for every one, but i have a feeling the more "normal" players will go there also...

And thats something i told you guys, i play on a locked campaign couse its importat to me... im fairly sure you or most in this thread dosent even play in the locked campaign, couse you are more concearned to about having people to farm...

But to sum up, i agree ZOS should create alternative servers for those wanting to flip-flop between factions...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    game was allowing for cheats and faction hoping and the option to make multiple characters in all alliances and many problems with that and people took advantage of it and made multiple characters on all alliances.
    faction locks now make cheating harder to do. i approve of those changes.

Glad you approve???

So in your mind, for clarification purposes only... faction swapping is cheating somehow?

#FreeNoCP

none of that was said.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Mark my words: faction change tokens were the motivation of introducing faction lock and ofc you will only be able to use them if you have the "All races all alliances pack" :)

thats a Good call, i bet your right.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 6, 2019 2:54PM
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »

#FreeNoCP

I will go to the locked cmpaign no matter what, and so will others i know, i cant speak for every one, but i have a feeling the more "normal" players will go there also...

And thats something i told you guys, i play on a locked campaign couse its importat to me... im fairly sure you or most in this thread dosent even play in the locked campaign, couse you are more concearned to about having people to farm...

But to sum up, i agree ZOS should create alternative servers for those wanting to flip-flop between factions...

If there was a 30 day unlocked listed first that most of the population would gravitate toward that campaign. Path of least resistance
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »

#FreeNoCP

If there was a 30 day unlocked listed first that most of the population would gravitate toward that campaign. Path of least resistance

Maybe maybe not, since people considder the 30 locked we have now as the main, it could even be so people stick to it even if a new is added above it... but you dont know, i dont know, all we know is people want locked, people want unlocked, and then there is people that dont care...

I do know though that i will allways play on a locked, even if its deserted... while most of those wanting unlocked seems to not care since they dont play on a unlocked even if they can...
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    Too much exploiting and drama occurs without the lock.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insert buzz lightyear meme

Buff servers. Buff servers everywhere
    Beta tester November 2013
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#FreeNoCP

Maybe maybe not, since people considder the 30 locked we have now as the main, it could even be so people stick to it even if a new is added above it... but you dont know, i dont know, all we know is people want locked, people want unlocked, and then there is people that dont care...

I do know though that i will allways play on a locked, even if its deserted... while most of those wanting unlocked seems to not care since they dont play on a unlocked even if they can...

Well said. It's the anti faction lock people who are being completely outlandish and stubborn on these forums. Refusing to play the unlocked campaign claiming the rewards arent worth it but not realizing you are given rewards 4 times before the 30 day is given their end of the campaign rewards. I am with you, I would play on a more dead campaign if that's where the locks are. I already have no problem playing on the 7 day ones, easier to get EMP, easier to get achievements PVE wise and still find decent fights. You just don't have sieges.
    Edited by IronWooshu on June 8, 2019 7:12PM
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »

#FreeNoCP

Well said. It's the anti faction lock people who are being completely outlandish and stubborn on these forums. Refusing to play the unlocked campaign claiming the rewards arent worth it but not realizing you are given rewards 4 times before the 30 day is given their end of the campaign rewards. I am with you, I would play on a more dead campaign if that's where the locks are. I already have no problem playing on the 7 day ones, easier to get EMP, easier to get achievements PVE wise and still find decent fights. You just don't have sieges.

Cool, but what about the lack of actual options and inability to play non-cp campaigns on any of my other characters?