The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New cat assistants.

• HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Bought them, adore them <3
    Options
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How much were they? 5k Crowns?
    Options
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately yes but they are incredibly well done, wonderful voices and animations .... also you can have all 4 assistants in a house if you so desire.

Options
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does the new ones have the same limited functionality as the old ones? if so, i have to pass as well because i have enough cats for housing and anyway out of slots. so i cant place them without destroying another thing. if the trader cant repair (again) there is no reason for me.
    another missed sell and tbh... just the offer for the same price with no extended functionality, which would just make more headache in housing... i perceive as pretty rude.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    does the new ones have the same limited functionality as the old ones? if so, i have to pass as well because i have enough cats for housing and anyway out of slots. so i cant place them without destroying another thing. if the trader cant repair (again) there is no reason for me.
    another missed sell and tbh... just the offer for the same price with no extended functionality, which would just make more headache in housing... i perceive as pretty rude.

These cats don’t count in as the same type of furniture as the cats you already have in your house. Assistants are a different kind of collectible. Also yes, they only buy and bank, no repairs or guild store access.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • bludy
    bludy
    ✭✭
    ZOS, you are disgusting! This is a big middle finger to all those loyal players who already own a Banker and Merch. Thanks a lot ZOS.
    Had you been in any way reasonable, you would have at least sold a skin to change our current banker / merch to the new Kitty one, say for 1000 crowns, but no your money grabbing miserly attributes really shine through here.

Thank you!!
    Options
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but...
    i8DtN5A.jpg
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad that I never bought the banker or merchant. The new banker will be mine today. The merchant sometime before they go away.

LOL. All it takes to get players to finally fork over 5k crowns for each assistant is to make them into cats.

Yep, 5k crowns each. Just making them into cats gets some players to finally throw money at the assistants.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 6, 2019 5:27PM
    Options
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love them! <3v3yFviq4MWc.jpg
    Options
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    bludy wrote: »
    ZOS, you are disgusting! This is a big middle finger to all those loyal players who already own a Banker and Merch. Thanks a lot ZOS.
    Had you been in any way reasonable, you would have at least sold a skin to change our current banker / merch to the new Kitty one, say for 1000 crowns, but no your money grabbing miserly attributes really shine through here.

Thank you!!

Its an complex topic and we cannot blame ZoS really...
    But i agree they should have a different cost for someone who already "collected" the other assistants... Like half the price, for instance
    Edited by miteba on June 6, 2019 10:24PM
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 3 years the wait is finally over. I wanted a merchant who wasn’t Nuzimeh and I got it. Thank you Zos!! Now just release the Imperial banker/ Altmer merchant pair you’ve been hiding so I can buy the Imperial and be content lol
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Oberick
    Oberick
    ✭✭✭
    This is Zos we are talking about, there is no way they would ever do an upgrade/discount unless sales of the cats were so low that they had to.
    Options
  • Noblis01
    Noblis01
    ✭✭✭
    Send us all your money or the cat gets it !

We must, we must save the cat !
    Options
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »
    bludy wrote: »

Thank you!!

Its an complex topic and we cannot blame ZoS really...
    But i agree they should have a different cost for someone who already "collected" the other assistants... Like half the price, for instance

It's not complex at all. ZOS are getting greedier and more short sighted by the day.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love'em, but I've been experiencing hella pathing issues with them. I would have liked if they were a little cheaper if you already had an assistant in that category, because its not like you're paying for the whole utility again. But I saved up my sub crowns and bought the original banker half off, so I'm not upset about how much I spent on them in total. More kinda peeved that Fezez keeps teleporting under terrain when I try to talk to him.
    Options
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    Im not quite sure any sane person would pay 5-10k YET AGAIN for the same task. I'll pass on those cats even though they are adorable.
    Options
  • flgraybear
    flgraybear
    Soul Shriven
    Stonegrave wrote: »
    What they should have done is just make everyone buy the originals for 5,000 each if they want the functionality, whether they want the original appearance or not.

The additional appearance options, which would be available at a lower price (2,000 crowns for example), would start out grayed out in the store but become purchasable after you've bought the originals.

Yes, the people who only want the alfiq (or whatever future skins come along) will complain that they're buying merchants they don't use, but it makes it fair for everybody for the remainder of the life of the game without blatantly gouging those who have already paid 5,000 (x2) crowns for the functionality. but now want to use a different skin.

Zos needs to hire this person for marketing, He would have introduced the new assistants in such a way as to not upset current players, and would have made MORE money for ZOS.
    Maybe its not to late to change the way the new skins for the assistants are purchased, maybe they can update it in the next change to the crown store listings.
    As it is I will pass on the new assistants, don't want to pay for the same service again.
    Edited by flgraybear on June 8, 2019 1:09PM
    Options
  • chrisw_63_ESO
    chrisw_63_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah.. I'm adding my "NO" vote here as well. Shame, really... A cat would be the perfect substitute for Tythis. You summon him, he walks off, you chase.. Cat behavior if ever I saw it.
    Options
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the look of these two... *__*

BUT....

I already have the regular banker and merchant. And I would have *immediately* bought the cat banker and merchant, if they had been like... 2000 crowns... apiece for those of us who already own the regular ones.

But forking out another 10.000 crowns just to have another look, no matter *how* cute they are?
    Nope. Sorry... not this time. No matter how hard it is for me to resist. But I'd rather invest in some of the new things coming out than pay the same price for something that I already have...

A special discount for ESO+ members would have been in order, I think.
    This way? No.
    Options