The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Running should cost magicka too

• UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    Running should cost gold. >:)

Sure, I'm poor on the low end because I buy way to much for alts. So I am down with it costing a resource I rarely have a lot of.

It sure will increase the difficulty of the game
    "h*es" stay quirky, I stay unemployed

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    buy a horse and stop being a whinny pvper. B)

Horse upgrade system is still unfair tho, sigh...

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    Sprinting should cost stamina, but current stamina should become some other power source, like focus or discipline. I know how classical health-magicka-stamina triad is, but casting, basically, spells or doing any type of non-magical things shouldn't be tied to stamina like it is now. Though "cardio" like jumping should. Just my humble opinion on the matter.

I support your idea but, for magicka they could make them goons levitate if you wanna keep it on a "realistic" level uwu - problem solved

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    So I'd have no magicka to shield if I sprint while using it. Or heal. That'd be a huge issue in BGs too, as sustain in that pvp mode SUCKS.

Well, at the moment you would have no stamina to block or roll dodge either... so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    In before I get hate comments because my idea is stupid: just THINK ABOUT IT!

Why this trend to describe valid counter-argument as hate?

Because on the other threads I made in this forum I received a lot of hate comments without an apparent motivation (indeed they get deleted by ZoS itself - the threads' comments literally get halfed xD)
    Why this trend for amateur game designers to tell the professionals 'how to do it'?

Because it's LITERALLY what the forum is for lmfao.
    People suggest ideas --> Are they doable? Do they make sense? --> ZoS, the "professionals", value those ideas and if they like them they just implement them in the game

I'm no one to tell ZoS what to do, everyone is no one to tell ZoS what to do. If ZoS listened to my ideas and thought they were a good way to make the game better, we would have a character boost and a better horse upgrade system by now.

What's the sense of having a forum if NOBODY can suggest an idea to make ESO a better game... WHY DO WE HAVE A FORUM THEN? To show our characters? To discuss how much we like the necromancer? Nah bro.... Talking about game's flaws and suggesting new ideas is what the forum is for... sure, you can post your character aswell if you want

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    It could resemble mistform without the mist. :D

Indeed, cool idea

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    as long as they add a High stamina cost to jumping im all in.

It sure will balance the game out and completely remove the bunny hop issue we're having at the moment

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because on the other threads I made in this forum I received a lot of hate comments without an apparent motivation (indeed they get deleted by ZoS itself - the threads' comments literally get halfed xD)
    Why this trend for amateur game designers to tell the professionals 'how to do it'?

People suggest ideas --> Are they doable? Do they make sense? --> ZoS, the "professionals", value those ideas and if they like them they just implement them in the game

I'm no one to tell ZoS what to do, everyone is no one to tell ZoS what to do. If ZoS listened to my ideas and thought they were a good way to make the game better, we would have a character boost and a better horse upgrade system by now.

What's the sense of having a forum if NOBODY can suggest an idea to make ESO a better game... WHY DO WE HAVE A FORUM THEN? To show our characters? To discuss how much we like the necromancer? Nah bro.... Talking about game's flaws and suggesting new ideas is what the forum is for... sure, you can post your character aswell if you want

Well, your idea of what makes the game better might be different from ZOS' business objectives.

Players like to think that we are customers. The real customers are people who buy or own shares.
    The only time that players will be listened to, is when shareholders think that it's in their interests.

I had some other points, but I've lost the will to live.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When that happens, make stam skils cost as much as mag ones across the board.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give stamina shields. Give deadly cloak to magicka. Give poison zaan. Give magic dmg and spell pen kragh.

I don't like this equality thing. Immagine how many races we have, 12 ish? and 6 classes. I really don't want everything to be the same and zero identity.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like some forum posts costs health

leading to serious brain damage.
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    I'm posting this without putting much thought into it because I'm queuing for rando norm but what if there was another pool of resource for sprinting, say, fatigue? now go ahead and burn me into oblivion!
    #teamEmeric
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    I really don't want everything to be the same and zero identity.

You're saying this like class identify is something very relevant in the game, especially talking about staminas

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While idea itself is ridiculous, I'd like to see some sort of "dash" move for magicka chars that could replace roll dodge and cost magicka. Think streak, but just 5m.
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭

Well, your idea of what makes the game better might be different from ZOS' business objectives.

Players like to think that we are customers. The real customers are people who buy or own shares.
    The only time that players will be listened to, is when shareholders think that it's in their interests.

I had some other points, but I've lost the will to live.

I never said my idea is the same as ZoS' idea
    I literally wrote that, but yea whatever

How could you even know tho, if I can't say what I think because I'm not a professional game designer?

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're saying this like class identify is something very relevant in the game, especially talking about staminas

I didnt' say they did a good job lately. Stamina is same *** no matter what you play and I don't like it, but don't need to make it worse is what I'm saying. Stam and mag need some rework in this game.

• UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭

I didnt' say they did a good job lately. Stamina is same *** no matter what you play and I don't like it, but don't need to make it worse is what I'm saying. Stam and mag need some rework in this game.

I agree on that
    Edited by UnknownNick on June 1, 2019 10:43AM

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruit cake
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Fruit cake

As in mad or eccentric?

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Fruit cake

As in mad or eccentric?

Bit of both. You sure you dont work for zos
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In before I get hate comments because my idea is stupid

Sorry fam, thought that right after reading the title 😂
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give stamina shields. Give deadly cloak to magicka. Give poison zaan. Give magic dmg and spell pen kragh.

I don't like this equality thing. Immagine how many races we have, 12 ish? and 6 classes. I really don't want everything to be the same and zero identity.

Stamina got shielding abilities already. You are just not aware I guess?
    Bone shield undaunted skill line and 2 handed brawler morph of Cleave.

We canot give same treatment to both mag and stam with skill effects because it would be boring.
    Magicka chars got easier access to damage shields and stamina guys got cheaper rol dodge if they wear medium armor which is for stam chars anyways.
  • iLLcrime
    iLLcrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D:D:D
    I put on my robe and wizard hat
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jamdarius wrote: »

We canot give same treatment to both mag and stam with skill effects because it would be boring.
    Magicka chars got easier access to damage shields and stamina guys got cheaper rol dodge if they wear medium armor which is for stam chars anyways.

I was using sarcasm. Anyway, this post is dumb, I dont wanna bump it anymore
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on June 1, 2019 11:02AM

• Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running has no valid reason from a lore point of view to cost magicka, and that's enough a reason to say "no".
    Edited by Uryel on June 1, 2019 11:02AM
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    Jamdarius wrote: »

Anyway, this post is dumb, I dont wanna bump it anymore

Why not?

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    Running has no valid reason from a lore point of view to cost magicka, and that's enough a reason to say "no".

There are a lot of things that aren't lore friendly because this is an online game and you can't actually keep it 100% lore friendly; it just wouldn't work
    Lore is there to serve the game, not the other way around

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • Golden_Cat
    Golden_Cat
    ✭✭✭
    Running costs stamina and jumping over walls costs magicka, problem solved.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Running should regenerate magicka. I always feel more mentally refreshed after I run my 5k in the mornings.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syuko wrote: »
    Running should cost crowns. 😏

You should have ESO+ to be allowed to run.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar