The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game has never been so bad

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People saything that Cyrodiil is better now than at launch are trolls. You cannot have 100v100v100 fights in cyrodiil anymore, you could at launch. The lag has taken over cyrodiil and the game is barely playable during peak hours.

Truth be told I don't even expect to have fights on that scale. I'd be happy with 20v20, but you can't even pull that off.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People saything that Cyrodiil is better now than at launch are trolls. You cannot have 100v100v100 fights in cyrodiil anymore, you could at launch. The lag has taken over cyrodiil and the game is barely playable during peak hours.

Its not only cyro though, even the instanced BGs have lags from time to time. Moreso, the bugged queues drive me freaking nuts, espescially combined with the frequency of bugged games that don’t start (or group members that don’t get ported).

Last time I played, literally every aspect of PvP was so broken that there really wasn’t any reason to even log in for it.

I’ll check for myself the next days, but I ain’t gonna resub or buy Elsweyr until real actions are taken.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is SIGNIFICANTLY better now than at launch.

When was the last time you fell through the map?

During the first month I was harvesting some water, went air born and flew half way across the zone I was in. I died upon landing but I did unlock a new wayshrine. I figured it was a feature.

Not to mention how many quests would get blocked. The standard MO for dealing with a quest spawn not spawning or not interactable was to /reloadui > log out and log back in > restart quest or come back later hoping they fixed it.

I parked my character in a vacant clearing, did something quick irl, came back and I was dead. NPCs spawned back in. lol. I respawned there, walked away in ghost form and they killed me again even though I was no where near close enough to agro them. I respawned again, rinse and repeat. After a relog I found my character at the same spot those NPCs spawned. The server never registered my movement. LMAO.

Then the GF for dungeons. It worked. If two people queued for the same dungeon it formed the group. Often it was two DPS, no tank and no healer. It was more akin to a failed intern project and I was surprised Zos released the game with such a pathetic game system.

The game was in such a pathetic state I am surprised Matt kept his job. I am still amazed.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never had problems with launch. Only quests that were bugged for me was in Rivenspire, northpoint where the mobs for a quest didn't spawn. But after 3 hours waiting I got it.
    And the naked jumping in Coldharbour to flip a switch.
    Further I had no bugs, fall through maps nor lag. Pvp worked great in 500 vs 500 battles.

But now.... even pve is laggy. Bug wise, I don't encounter much.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    Is sad but the game is broken/laggy :'(
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Truth be told I don't even expect to have fights on that scale. I'd be happy with 20v20, but you can't even pull that off.

I had 20v20 every night in Kaal PC NA. Last night AD+EP is easily 50v50.

yes, lag is worse now, skills executing 2-5 sec late, people warping... it was NEVER this bad EVER and ive been here since BETA.

but it's also more fun.

so.........
    Edited by Davadin on June 24, 2019 3:29PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Johnnny
    Johnnny
    I just wish I could go back to my 180 ping in cyrodill. 240 ping is way too bad to play. I know I'm kinda far from the servers, here in the south of Brazil, but god, I had better ping before.

You could also always set your servers somewhere closer to the mid of America, as it is an american server and America is a BIG continent, if you count south and central america.
    Johnnyzz - mSorc - NA Sotha/BGs

http://plays.tv/u/Johnnyzao
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to wipe the sleepy out of my eyes every time ESO wins some "MMO of the year" award. ZOS's post-launch handling of this game has been atrocious if you look below the surface. If you're a casual pve'er/rp'er whose only playing because they pushed ES 6 back a decade, on purpose to milk ESO, then you might not notice or care. Yet, anyone who invests more than a few hours a week can see the cracks fairly easily.

I've created lists of 50+ bugs that ESO maintains, many of which have been persistent or reoccurring over the years. A new low I've noticed is encountering multiple quests bugging out while leveling new characters for this chapter. That's a new low as that affects the population ZOS only seems to care about. Meanwhile, performance everywhere not just in Cyrodiil is at an all time low with server crashes, disconnects, extended load screens, and random load screens.

On top of all of that is ZOS's complete inadequacy in behaving like a AAA mmo developer. They invest 0 effort into testing, balancing, and fixing classes. For the Necromancers to make to live in the state they're in and not receive an immediate day 1 patch is atrocious and embarrassing. The Pummeling Goliath ultimate is probably performing 25-50x+ more than they intended damage wise. Meanwhile, they have entire abilities that are broken and don't work such as Blastbones which doesn't simply work most of the time, in all situations.

Copy and pasted skins applied to the same assets for mounts, costumes, pets, and housing items is extremely easy development. Couple that with shallow and small zone additions both in chapters and dlc's and ESO's current development is a joke compared to the standards of the past. Don't get me started on how easy it is to add 2 dungeon dlc's every year. They didn't even add a new class with Summerset.

Recently ZOS announced plans to start development on 2 new games. Yet, they only opened a handful of new positions. If you think ZOS's incompetent now, wait till ESO is operating off of 1/3 it's current staff.

ESO Maintenance Mode Has Begun
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall