The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game has never been so bad

Jeezye
Jeezye
✭✭✭✭✭
I know this is like the 100.000 thread about performance, but this is a thing that has bugged both me and literally all my friend list out so much that we are no longer playing the game anymore. I don't know about PvE performance, but this is stricly addressing the absolutly garbage performace I experienced over the couple days/moths/years and the continously degressing committment to actually fix the core game.

Cyrodiil is completly unplayable since lauch of Elsweyr. I don't know what ZOS has done, its always been ***, but after the lauch even with 2/3 population of all alliances, the game is completly unplayable. Break free, bar swapping, using skills all take literally seconds to activate, making the game unplayable.

Battleground queues have been bugged for ages, now it takes me literally half an hour to port into a game. Heck, I even downloaded an addon THAT AUTOACCEPTS THE COUNTLESS INVITES I GET SO I DONT HAVE TO SPAMM ACCEPT EVERY 20 SECONDS. Called LFG Auto Accept, can only strongly advice any PvPer to get it asap. Even when I port in, I experienced bugged games that don't start because of insufficient amounts of players frequently. This feels like the alpha introduction of a new game mode, can you even image what of an outcry these performance issues would have on seasoned games?

Combat balance and class balance/developement have been ignored for literal years. Ask stamsorcs and magdens about it. Necromancers gameplay is utterly broken, many mechanics dont work, and some are beyond overperforming (goliath bashes doing 15+ dmg). Also hi to my beloved saptank/ brawler magblade being nerfed unnessecary for countless patches. It's not the main problem, but hey what does combat balance and gameplay even mean if all the PvP content is unplayble or completely broken/bugged.

Pretty happy I'm moving into vacation for a few weeks now, starting my thesis afterwards and unsubscribed. I'll have a close look on how the game develops as I have always loved the framework and core gameplay, but its just developed to a complete mess at this point.

At least for me, as well as my best ingame buddies, there's no incentive to log in to PvP modes anymore. Anyone else feeling this is the very end for eso pvp? Sorry for the depressing/negative feedback :(
Edited by Jeezye on May 30, 2019 8:03PM
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the game was worse at launch. Much worse we just tend to forget.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is SIGNIFICANTLY better now than at launch.

When was the last time you fell through the map?
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    I feel ya.

You can turn on auto accept in main settings... but yeah, its frustrating when you enjoy a game, but its buggy af and the devs dont wanna prioritize fixing..
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant compare it too launch. That was expected.
    This far into its life? Quite sad.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

damn you're right there was no housing when the game launched!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for anyone experiencing the infinite ready check for BGs; when this happens, before you are asked if you are ready leave the queue (do not say you're not ready as I haven't found that works - you gotta voluntarily leave the queue during the wait part)

Then re-queue; I've found this to work every time
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU Cyro performance has significantly deteriorated since earlier this spring. It used to be fairly consistent. Good in the afternoon, gradually getting worse through the early evening with pings tracking the perfomance reliably, rarely straying from a fairly narrow range. Now it's all over the place. You frequently get spikes. You get long freezes at times. You get kicked. You can't get back to the area where your guild is. When Volendrung is around, performance is even worse. That thing is an abomination.

No, it's not my Internet. All my guild have these problems and we live all over Europe. Everyone comments on how erratic the service has become. We even moved our entire RAID into IC one day. That has never happened before. Usually my guild mates stick it out in Cyrodiil. For most of them there isn't much point in playing anywhere but Kaalgrontiid, since they care about the campaign. That's the on that's hard-fought and worthwhile.

Ping times used to be good when it was up to 120. Even bad ping used to be 140 to 200. Now it's frequently over 200, 500, 999+. My guild mates have variously traced the IP traffic to the Netherlands and to Maryland, in the US, even though the server is supposed to be in Frankfurt. Are we right or are we wrong? Are ZOS doing something to troubleshoot Cyrodiil? Is this permanent? WTF is going on? Perhaps ZOS are trying to fix it, but their lack of openness leads me to believe there is no real commitment. It's on a slow burn at best, as it always has been.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    While reading this thread I was experiencing a buggy BG Q and now I am sitting in a Bugged match where one team will never get more than 2 players... This is happening very frequently now. So often, I am actively looking for a new game to play... which sucks, because aside from all the bugs this one is great...
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its probably the Volendrung that made it worse. Many people rush to it to defend the wielder and many more run to kill him.
    Its baffling that developers tell us the cause of lag is when many people spam skills in a small area but introduce mechanics to force people into a single area
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Hollerboller
    Hollerboller
    ✭✭

Yesterday, no joke. :/
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have never fallen through the map. Performances wise and battle wise I had way more fun before the lightning patch.

But yes, the game is better then launch. But my overall experience has gotten worse since the lightning patch because of lag, proc sets and poisons.

And the performance as it is now is totally unacceptable.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Well, performance sucks for 3 month. Disconnects and lag improvement after February last week maintenance, when Zo$ adden smth to Libs. I got disconnected every time i recive mail on Kaalgrontiid.

Balance is ok, last game changes were best since Morrowind launch. Necro ult is too OP, but its ok for new class i guess
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My only time was a few months ago. However, the bug where textures don't load and you get permanently stuck in a running animation on a texture load boundary has been frequent. Not so much in recent weeks, but recent months.

They also did something to the camera in Elsweyr, sometimes causing the environment to partially disappear, depending on where you look.
    Edited by fred4 on May 31, 2019 9:09AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game is bad with basic ass things. Classes so insanely unbalanced. Everyone in pvp is an unkillable tank that just stands on flags. Everyone avoid combat for free offensive tick ap. Everyone all Zergs to one keep for the free ap which causes insane lag.

Load screens EVERYWHERE in pvp. Keeps, resources, open field, for no reason.

Buffing siege even tho it claps at 15k easily.

I’m sure there’s pve problems too, haven’t been there recently but I’ve been on PS4 NA since launch a db pvp everyday.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As always- I suggest that you go to MMORPG.COM to leave feedback about the game. ZOS pulls it's "Game of the Year" information from this website. So, the more prospective players that see the actual player feedback might "encourage" ZOS to make improvements on their game.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

It was worse in terms of half of the quests were bugged and it lacked major features that should have been in the game. But at least the game itself worked. Although if we get to the point where we comparing the current iteration of the game with the one at launch which was considered a complete failure getting numerous bad reviews then i guess that its a sign that the game now isnt really doing well.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care They also shut down the majority of posts or erase comments that they don't like, whether or not they go against any forum rule. The only thing they care about is money and it's really sad.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there buddy, after reading all the forum posts I still decided to come back and buy elsewyr and try the dreaded stamsorc..now bare in mind im not playing organized pvp or premade high mmr battlegrounds, but i ain't no amateur either, and this patch out of all my chars (I have every stam/mag class BG ready except magden stamnec and magnec) I'm having the most fun with my stamsorc.
    My build is quite different than it used to be tho, from the cookie cutter heavy troll king while orcs still had hp regen passives, to 7 medium spriggans, selenes and 7th legion jewelery/2h sharp sword/master bow lover stone. I'm having incredible fun blowing someone up in 3gcds and then streaking/rolling/healing my way out of fights to recoup and look for another opening.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah but its significantly worse than in one tamriel and orsinium for example.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This month on console, I was soloing a resource and I was distracted when I got hit with a heavy attack, I started to slide and go down the map, losing a bit of health during my journey till I reappeared where I was and I could finish soloing the resource.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I you haven't figured it out by now, ZOS could care less about PvP. All their content is geared towards PvE. Sure they added faction locks but that did not fix anything. Even changed the names of the campaigns. Oh goodie. And they added the HAMMER but that just added to the already pathetic lag Never much cared for Faction Locks but as usual the complainers won.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance is really good on the 7 day campaign. Just saying. No need for anyone to move over. Those of us that play in that campaign are happy with the way it is.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates?? Have seen more and more threads emerging with same issues
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was gonna say Op is crazy when I read the title. The only thing wrong with the game is performance. BUT, that’s what the op is talking about so he’s 100% RIGHT!
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Performance is really good on the 7 day campaign. Just saying. No need for anyone to move over. Those of us that play in that campaign are happy with the way it is.

its good because its empty.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So uh, I guess it's not a good time to come back yet?
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your ability to Play with lag
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    Depends on your ability to Play with lag
    I took a break a while ago because I could no longer deal with it. Been wanting to return, but if performance is no better - or even worse - then yeah, I might keep waiting.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People saything that Cyrodiil is better now than at launch are trolls. You cannot have 100v100v100 fights in cyrodiil anymore, you could at launch. The lag has taken over cyrodiil and the game is barely playable during peak hours.